Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Flame Blue Cans keep blowing up....

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by JuanVerde, Sep 6, 2019.

Share This Page

1. JuanVerde

JuanVerde New Member

Hey there. Total newb, so please forgive me. I did search for an answer but maybe my terms are wrong?

I've been using Flame Blue cans with caps from BS, Art Primo, etc. The cans keep exploding on me. What I mean by that is I press the cap into the female valve and the paint just goes everywhere. Then I can't seem to clean it up, get it fixed, etc. I've had to throw away a couple of cans now over it. Tends to happen most with the big caps. The NY style fat caps I've never had it happen.

I'm 100% sure I'm fucking this up somehow. Can anybody give me any tips?

2. Denlo

Denlo Senior Member

are they old cans? I had a similar problem with some ironlak cannons that had been sitting in my shed for a couple of years.
    Also, I dunno how you’re fitting your caps, but if you gently twist and apply very light downward pressure, they should go on fine. As long as you’re not forcing them on with gorilla-like dexterity...

3. JuanVerde

JuanVerde New Member

Lol. "Gorilla-like dexterity" is most likely my problem without a doubt. I'll try to take it easy and twist them on like you said.