Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Getting A Blackbook

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Runk, Nov 18, 2005.

Share This Page

1. killer of tech!

killer of tech! Member

2. Thread-Locks

Thread-Locks Senior Member

Smart.

3. Speedy

Speedy Senior Member

This is probably already known but Borders has blackbooks for $6.

4. sketch3

sketch3 Banned

if u write on anything other than
    a creative cardbord scrapbook held together with paperclips and covered in tags
    or a book thats hard and black ur graphheeeties will bounce of the page

true fact

5. Speedy

Speedy Senior Member

I'm not one of those "OMG MUST GEET BLAK HARDCOVR BOOK 4 KILLR WYLDSTYLE SKETCHEZ" toys. But for $6 I just generally like hardcovers. I can't explain it without sounding like a hardcore toy. I just seriously prefer black hardcover ones.

6. Bazer

Bazer Moderator

nigg.a if you like your self some black hard ones then get it. personally i steal all of if not most of my shit so i get the best of the best shit i want. if i has to pay though, i still would get it cuz you gotta be mad ballin if you wanna be dope. imagine bein dope but not bein mad ballin? thats like michael jordan being mad ill at basketball but he's 3 feet tall. it doesn't matter how good his shot is, he'd still be short as fuck.

7. Speedy

Speedy Senior Member

8. sketch3

sketch3 Banned

if ur desperate for somthin hard and black i know the guys whos sticking your mum,
    he says hes got enuff to go around

u too cope

9. scribblescrabble

scribblescrabble Member

thats easy jus go to barnes and noble and if u have connections get one on hold then pick it up later....

if not jus buy those big ass ones that they got for like $9.95

i got 3 of them 2 of the medium sizes and a small one for random sketches...

10. LikeRainButNot

LikeRainButNot Member

personally, i dont get why so many toys feel the need to go out and buy nice sketch books. im gonna bet that most of them wont even stick to graff in the long run. my advice: do wat i do. go to target or kmart or the big wally and get urself a couple of those composition notebooks. theyre like 10 cents a piece. almost not even worth stealing. and then sketch ur heart out. save the nice books for the big boys.

my 2 cents ^^^

11. wrekstyle

wrekstyle Senior Member

i have the white cover blackbook i got forom www.pureg.net and 3 other black hard cover B-books i havent used yet, different sizes...

12. klic

klic Elite Member

was it really necessary to bump a month and a half old thread?

13. Kofin

Kofin Senior Member

I use a 1" 3 ring binder with copy paper that i took a 3-hole-punch too. I can take stuff out when i want to, put more paper in whenever i want, it doesnt attract attention, has pockets for my stickers, and most of them have a clear screen on the front if you want to put a serious peice on the cover or something. They come in just about any color and are dirt cheap if they ever wear out. That's what i use anyways.

14. dan the don

dan the don Member

Calling him a retard, you can't even spell PIECES. Now...
    I would say pretty much any sketchbook would do, as long as it is a decent size, it depends what want. A hardback would be better, though

15. lawlcat

lawlcat Senior Member

^^^ you do realize that post is from 2005 right...

16. Dedicated-To-The-Art

Dedicated-To-The-Art New Member

I got two,
    one's just a A4 note-book style one that i use at home,
    the other one's quite small which i carry around in my bag for quick sketches when i get inspiration.

17. jester.onest

jester.onest Senior Member

well this topic seems to be coming alive again...
    but huge gravedig whoever...

if you think you are ready for a blackbook, make sure it has thick-ish pages so that your drawings don't go through. but whatever you're into.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  18. Clown705

Clown705 Banned

dont really have a b book, dont really know where to get a good 10$ one, just use some paper and i just keep it all in a binder, works fine for now, plan to go out later on a buy a good one to really start sketching.

19. kasher_one

kasher_one Elite Member

i use a book i made in my photography class made out of cardboard with a canvas cover and a bunch of blank paper in it and i colored it with a sir-marks-alot lolz i was bored one day

20. gunsofbrooklyn

gunsofbrooklyn Senior Member

anyone know a good hardcover sketchbook that has paper that markers cant bleed through? i hear acid free paper is good