Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Getting A Blackbook

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Runk, Nov 18, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Kustom

Kustom Senior Member

any book will do if you want to be cheap get a book and color it black

then walk around with it and drop it then yell "ohh shit my graffiti black book ohh no!!!"

only then will your friends think your cool

2. scape1

scape1 Senior Member

they can be anywhere from $5 to $25

3. Ekwol

Ekwol Senior Member

my blackbook is black, about 1 1/16 ft tall...the cover is like a suede? yeah, the pages are thick,my first pages are like a sign in for writers and krews, it also tells what art really is...i only write in there when i am confident i am gonna bust the most insane piece i can, and i only let the best writers do their stuff...i have my book passed from city to city...name:"Urban Art Vol.1"look for it in a city near you!

4. Detroit

Detroit Senior Member

how do u keep the markers from bleeding through the page. Do yall use card stock?

5. floppy16

floppy16 Senior Member

put a trash sheet of paper behind the one your working with and it that dont work put like 2 or 3 behind it so it just leaks on the trash sheets

6. floppy16

floppy16 Senior Member

o ya and wear are u from in detroit i live in dearborn

7. Detroit

Detroit Senior Member

i dont live in the D anymore im in Southfield

8. markingz.

markingz. Banned

my blackbook is filled with sketches I hate, so I do nice ones on paper and glue them in later.

9. blast

blast Member

yeah my "blackbook" has a few sketches that i started and lost intrest in half way through.use loose paper.

10. CaM-ONER

CaM-ONER Senior Member

my shit was iight but some jealous toy stole it while i was playin handball and i fucked his ass up but when i got it back i told him keep it cuz nigga called the numbers i had in it from the niggas i met

11. kirbstomp

kirbstomp Member

lately i've been using an old mostly empty coil notebook(i've got a few kickin' around, i never took notes way back in 8th). i bugged my lady to get me a real blackbook for christmas, though.

actually, i hang out with one of the uppest writers in my town. he got his blackbook from way back when confiscated by the pigs, and just got it back a few weeks ago. it was cool to see it, filled with pieces by him and a whole bunch of writer's whose work i recognize.

oh yeah, and whiteboards are A++ supermurgatroyd. get all over it.

12. markingz.

markingz. Banned

That's pretty cool, I think I seriously need a new book though cuase my old one is crap and also pretty bad quality any suggestions?

13. h0pe1

h0pe1 Senior Member

man i have everything from tags throw ups to wild style charictors everything

14. -save

-save Senior Member

your retarted man...get a sketch pad, draw graffiti in and, and there ya' go..omg a black book..i covered the cover of mine in stencils tho..so yeah

15. Sluts_r_us

Sluts_r_us Elite Member

i usually use a couple spiral notebooks n composition books....but i got a real blackbook for like 12$ at a.c.moore

16. Rare

Rare Member

Yeah me too but i dont use just random paper.I got lots of it scooped up together.Ill never run out of paper lol

17. textathief

textathief Senior Member

i just use clear writing pads and fill it with all my outlines,tags and charecters or if u want to get a really good black book buy a etcher sketch
    (a etcher sketch is a childs toy where they write things with magnets)

18. philmjejames77

philmjejames77 Member

i have a folder and i put like cardboard in each pocket. then little flaps at the top and i just fold them over and it keeps my shit straight. and a lot of paper is in it.

19. WIZDUM

WIZDUM Senior Member

I have a small black spiral notebook which got fucked up kinda because i stepped on it and the spine part is flat.

20. PaintThaStreets P.T.S

PaintThaStreets P.T.S Senior Member

^^ lol ^^

i use 1 of them too but its to small 4 good sketch i think..