Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Good Excuses To Give To Cops Why Your Out At 2am

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by onek, Feb 27, 2006.

Share This Page

Tags:
  1. NiHiL

NiHiL Elite Member

u just say whatever just make some shit up on the spot or say im not tellin u anything u fucking pig head fuck! but that will get yourself killed

2. EGO31

EGO31 Elite Member

Just be all i don't care what you gonna do coz i'll get my crew onto you!! ( no pun or rhyme intended)

3. Skitz

Skitz Senior Member

just play deaf or like your a spaniard so when he takes you down for not talking you can sue him one less pig on the street, cha ching

4. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

there is some retarded shit in this thread, i'm actually dumbfounded that some people that regularly participate in illegal activity could be so unwise about what they're doing ...

cops can't just search you and take your paint for the sole reason of you being out at 2am (there has to be something going on to give them probable cause, a legal requirement, to search you).... your right to remain silent is a RIGHT, not an arrest detail, you can remain silent anytime, it's just that police are legally required to 'remind you' of this right when you get arrested, but if you don't feel like talking to the cops at 2am you don't have to... they can't search you over it (unless you let them, and there is the possibility they will lie to you in order to trick you into letting them search you).

you don't need excuses to be out at 2am.. i'm sure most people (well maybe not, since i get the feeling most people in this thread are youngins) have been out at 2am lots of times that didn't involve graffiti and didn't need to pre-think up excuses then.... the only time you need excuses is when the cops not only ask you why you're out at 2 but why you just spray-painted that wall back there.... i recommend letting your legs do the talking in this case.... if you get booked, then i recommend reading the "How To: Legal issues" thread that i wrote a year ago (do a search for it).

but anyway, a good excuse is one that doesn't have a bunch of "what if's" or other variables..., in other words, KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID... the good ol' KISS rule.... if it's something that would be hard to believe if it was true, don't expect anyone to believe it to be true when it isn't... you have to have excuses that aren't long-winded and somewhat realistic..."

i work nights and am on my way home. (or enjoy a walk before going to bed, etc.)
    bad things are happening in my life (fight with parents, girlfriend, whatever) and i need a walk to cool down
    just got out from the bars
    just getting out from a party
    need a pack of cigarettes so i'm going down to the store to pick some up...

shit like that, shit that happens on the streets every night at 2am, that's what makes good excuses...

5. cape

cape Elite Member

me n friends tried sayin we'd just been at ma mates n thn we got more questions like where's his house where are you going etc. they then got out the car n searched us. put sum of our paint in the bin bt not it all bt we got it bak later that nite neway. its nt illegal to walk bout at nite but wen ur young is suspicious

6. BATER

BATER Senior Member

Almost anybody can be stopped at 2 a.m. for practically any reason, but the only reason they can legally search you is if you are on probation or smell like weed or your hands are full of paint.

7. BIZE954

BIZE954 Member

dont do bad things like graffiti do legals

8. Nosypainter

Nosypainter Elite Member

See where I come from we have right's and cops cant illegally search my shit unless im breaking the law.... Since there is no curfew for me walking down the street is not illegal for me therefore no search with out probabal cause, or a warrant...... Fact number 2- unless I am wearing a t-shirt that say's hey fuck the cops I paint your city, and love it they can't touch you..... fact number 3 My city is all rich ass collage mommy and daddy pay my way through life BS the cops don't look at you twice for walking down the street huddled with a backpack... If they ask me what I'm doing I tell them going home, mid terms are a killer this year... end of problem.... So my words for you are, if you don't like what your reading from everyone on this forum topic here's your first clue don't read it.... Coming on here and typing a 4 page report on why you think this is a stupid topic will get you no where..... hint the topic excuses to be out at 2am not hey i think this is stupid but ill give you my excuse..... that's just weird... - no beef intented

9. Moe Jangles

Moe Jangles Senior Member

The problem with the post you made, bumsuckfun, is that it seems to assume police officers are law-abiding agents of the city, which is usually not the case. I'll use the NYPD as my example, since that's who I know best.

The NYPD implemented "Stop & Frisk" procedures in the 90's to "take guns off the streets," but in reality it was just another way for officers to racially profile young minorities, for the most part. The most common justification for a "Stop" is a noticeable bulge, usually in the waistband area, that gives an officer "reasonable suspicion." If you know anything about NYC, reasonable suspicion is basically the equivalent of having a tan, so that "bulge" will be deemed a shadow if it turns out the person was clean.

Now when an officer decides he wants to search a young person walking around in the early morning hours and finds a can/marker/etc., he can make up a story about how he saw it visibly from a distance and had you arrested for it. Now that it is illegal for those under 21 to have a marker, can(s) of paint, etc. in NYC, this is a very popular option. Of course they could always go with the empty-the-paint-out-on-your-clothes method, but we'll assume they wanted to meet their arrest quota early this month.

I know there are people thinking, "Hey, they can't do that!" and they shouldn't be able to do that. But the NYPD is extremely corrupt in their practices and can basically do whatever they want, sad but true. I don't know about other cities/states or Canada, since I've only lived in NYC, but I'm sure similar occurrences happen there as well.

I try to avoid cops at all costs because I know an excuse is not going to get me out of the situation and if that fails, run.

10. WIZDUM

WIZDUM Senior Member

Yes cops CAN search you for shit on the spot its called "Probable Cause". Me and my friend got searched at night because we were hanging out by a street pole and he thought we were tagging even though we were just standing there. Supposably I turned my back to walk home and he shined a light on us and told us not to move. He asked us if we were from a crew and shit. I just played dumb.

So anyway he ended up patting us down in the street by all this traffic. Dick couldnt charge us with anything.

11. MacDreRIP11104

MacDreRIP11104 Senior Member

Tell em your walking home from your buddys house... or you got in an arguement with your parents and you had to cool off.. or say You were taking the local transit system and it stopped running and you had to walk from hella far...... but if your 16 years old your curfew is like 12:00 midnight....... and weekends we dont have curfew

12. streak!

streak! Senior Member

yeah, i tried the mcdonalds and the dog one before this thread was opened. the mcdonalds one just got me a free ride in the cop car. funny thing was that i was right next to mcy d's and they said they didn't believe me.

13. wase tcb

wase tcb Member

so heres a good one..this cop came up to me and was like wtf are u doin..and i said im just doin what everyone said todo on bombing science.. so the cop says ok..then i racked 2 cans by throwing them over the garden section gate in lowes...and i totally hit the parking lot on the wayy out..the tag was so dope..at least 5 arrows and 4 crowns. wish i had flicks but my camera is sooo good i didnt wanna take it..im a gangster and i smell like clean clothes.

14. \(SIN)/

\(SIN)/ Elite Member

im sure you did.......

15. MacDreRIP11104

hahah lmao

16. MacDreRIP11104

lmao

17. Nosypainter

Nosypainter Elite Member

yeah NYPD is 100 times harder then my citys cops...

18. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

yeah laws are different in the US, but this is a Canadian forum, I'm a Canadian, and the legal issues thread i referenced was also based on Canadian laws...

for those who bothered to read AND comprehend what i wrote, you'll notice i already mentioned shit like probable cause, but chances are it's not something to worry about, this afterall is a thread for what to say to cops if they ask you what you're doing out at 2am, the only reason i mentioned anything about searching is because a lot of mis-informed people started rambling on about how the cops were gonna search them and such just for being out and shit like that.. even if they search you and do find paint? so what? get that shit back, it's not illegal to posses (once again, Canada, i know some US cities have by-laws and shit, but I can't write this for every damn city in the world so this is a Canadian site, so Canadian laws), and you can keep on going or if you're shook go home, that's how it works.

19. bumsuckfun

bumsuckfun Elite Member

See where I come from we have right's and cops cant illegally search my shit unless im breaking the law.... Since there is no curfew for me walking down the street is not illegal for me therefore no search with out probabal cause, or a warrant...... Fact number 2- unless I am wearing a t-shirt that say's hey fuck the cops I paint your city, and love it they can't touch you..... fact number 3 My city is all rich ass collage mommy and daddy pay my way through life BS the cops don't look at you twice for walking down the street huddled with a backpack... If they ask me what I'm doing I tell them going home, mid terms are a killer this year... end of problem.... So my words for you are, if you don't like what your reading from everyone on this forum topic here's your first clue don't read it.... Coming on here and typing a 4 page report on why you think this is a stupid topic will get you no where..... hint the topic excuses to be out at 2am not hey i think this is stupid but ill give you my excuse..... that's just weird... - no beef intented [/b][/quote]
    i like how your post is pretty much the same shit i wrote about being out at night and dealing with cops, but re-written into different terms to apply to your own situation/city, and then complain that i had wrote too much as it is.... the irony is outrageous.

20. bomberman

bomberman Senior Member

damn im glad im in miami, there isnt shit here about walkin in da middle of da nite...=)