Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Graffing Up A Pvc Banner?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by DJ Mystery, Nov 26, 2006.

Share This Page

1. DJ Mystery

DJ Mystery New Member

Ez now, i'm lookin for a bit of advice on spraying a banner for a club night. anyone know the best way to graf up a pvc banner? would i need to spray it with some kind of adhesive first (if so what's best and where do i get it from?) for the paint to hold? cheers

2. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

from my experince, no matter what you do the paint will chip (even if you use aycrlic paint)

what you need to do is use a cotton material and prime it, that the best way to go.

3. lance uppercut

lance uppercut Banned

just paint it...no adhesives needed

if its really not working, grab some sand paper and rough up the surface a little..should be all it needs

other than that i dont see why it wouldnt work just fine without anything extra on there

4. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

ohh yeah it will work fine, but chip like crazy after its done
    the paint wont stay on pvc or any those plastic bannners

5. explosivo_420

explosivo_420 Elite Member

spray paint it first.

then get this gloss protecting shit, also photo protector.

6. koper

koper Banned

SOLUTION:

buy some rustoleum plastic primer at home depot, prime the whole thing, and then paint away with the paint of your choice

wont chip!

7. kila

kila Senior Member

Yeah Wat He Said^^^^^

8. ~LOOK~

~LOOK~ Senior Member

krylon fusion should stick to plastics like PVC and etc. but before you quote me thats a
    "supposably" suggestion.

9. The HeRo.英雄

The HeRo.英雄 Senior Member

Or you van buy Vynil paint. It's made for painting shoe's that thing's that bend alot.

10. Unded

Unded Senior Member

Just curious, are you painting it FOR the club or are you bombing some club's banner? =P

11. >SM!7K<

>SM!7K< Elite Member

i think for the club, and if its going to be your first work, i dunno man. yeah alot of people wont know if its good or bad, and theyll consider it graffiti just cause its done with spraypaint and has an arrow, but it'll probally come out looking bad, and give the club a bad image.

PeacE

12. DJ Mystery

DJ Mystery New Member

alright guys, cheers for the tips. Yeah, it's for a hiphop and drum and bass night that i'm running- we'll be using it at different venues so it won't b a permanent fixture in any one club. I want it to look good tho mind! it'll be my mate who's gonna be doing it. he's the one with the skills with a spray can

13. DJ Mystery

DJ Mystery New Member

dilexic ere. jus sayin safe 4 da advice on da banner n was woundering if using white rustoleum plastic primer was da best fing 2 use if i was gonna do da piece in dark colours. peace dilexic.

14. DJ Mystery

DJ Mystery New Member

safe as fuck 4 da advice koper def gonna try ur way. peace dilexic

15. otrfatcap

otrfatcap Senior Member

haha i do this....i've got this huuuuuuuuuuuge tarp from when we got hit by the hurricane....this thing covered our roof....so now i have this gigantic tarp so i cut a decent peice and put it on the back of my garage....

View attachment 235288

and if you plan on moving this thing around alot and such, you might not want to use pvc.....do what mysfyt was saying a just prime some canvas....it will work 10 times better then this crap...

16. jerm_mtl

jerm_mtl Senior Member

thats actually pretty nice

17. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

please let us know how it works out
    especially after its been moved 3 or 4 times

trust me ive done this before
    pvc is not the way to go

18. koper

koper Banned

if you're painting dark colours use a darker primer. Grey for pretty uch any dark colours, or almond if you are using reds. But white will work just fine.

19. C-money fresh!

C-money fresh! Elite Member

krylon fusion it binds to plastic unlike norm paint an it says it damn big on the can