Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Handstyle Techniques

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Pony_1, Aug 16, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Leser

Leser Senior Member

use ny thins for flares you can do it with anycap though, its all in the wrist

2. EKE

EKE Senior Member

3. ChRoMa 11820

ChRoMa 11820 Senior Member

atlas is sicckkkk
    his hands are crazy so are his freights
    props on that vid
    and yeah i heard fat caps are best

4. rushoner

rushoner Senior Member

props on atlas..i got an idea on how to flik ur wrist on flares. thanx for the tips on flares guys

5. CANADIANA

CANADIANA Senior Member

just write shit...not just your tag, write any word that comes to your head.
    dont add any quot. marks, underlines, ex. points or anything just write random words all over a blank sheet of paper, do it like 2 or 3 times a day and yourgauraunteed to get better handstyles then starting adding the extra shit

6. HoodRichSucka

HoodRichSucka Elite Member

7. CRN-one

CRN-one Senior Member

I'm goin fuckin nuts, maybe someone can give me some advice.

I write Carnage - I know, it's long, but I'm getting a feel for it, and it's a name I've been using for a while so it's got sentimental value - and I can't do anything to make that C and A look natural next to each other. I've filled about a dozen single subject notebooks in the past month trying to get my handstyle even remotely acceptable, and it's still shit.

No matter what I do, shit looks forced, or like a 8 year old with down syndrome scrawled it out.

I'm gonna post scans tonight when I get home from work, hopefully someone will have some tips for me, but until then, if anyone has any advice or would be willing to write out something that starts with a CA as an example for me, I'd appreciate it.

8. Kruxos

Kruxos Senior Member

if your having that much trouble with a C turn it into a K. i know a kid who had the same trouble, but he writes Katalyst now. just try different sizes and shapes of letters. im having some of the same problems as you, but we'll eventually get passed it and have some more problems to deal with lol. :D

9. CRN-one

CRN-one Senior Member

I considered that earlier today. I have about a half dozen pages of "KARNAGE" which I'm not too crazy about, and about a dozen pages of "CRN-ONE" which I'm starting to like more and more. I may just shitcan the handle and go with something else that flows better.

Oh well. That name had a good run anyway. =P

No doubt about moving from one problem to the next - I know when I started, the minute I finally sketched a piece I liked (my first decent blockbuster, haha) I realized that my coloring was completely ass. Problems into solutions into new problems, but that's life.

10. HoodRichSucka

11. HoodRichSucka

12. CRN-one

CRN-one Senior Member

That's ill. Thanks man, I'm gonna keep at it. I've been writing Carnage and CRN-ONE, I dunno, I like both. Nobody said I can't write both, tho. Haha

I've been trying to keep everything a relative size, because that's what everyone says about everything else - I never really considered letting the letters fluctuate in size and shape. It really makes the word flow nicer.

Once I get a few pages done and I get something goin I'll post scans for crits. Thanks again, man.

13. HoodRichSucka

14. Tryp

Tryp Senior Member

^ha!

yea good luck carnage...keep on with it.
    workin on mine too.

15. HoodRichSucka

16. Tryp

Tryp Senior Member

chair :cool:

..gotta get my scanner hooked up though

17. HoodRichSucka

18. Tryp

Tryp Senior Member

appreciate it though.
    thats pretty much how mines comin' out right now but my "R" is a little diff.

takes so long, and some peoples look so smooth around the city. like that second 'hoodrich' .. thats dope

19. HoodRichSucka

i dont write hoodrich, just my name on bs.com

20. Edward"Sezer"Hands

Edward"Sezer"Hands Elite Member