Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

How Did You Get Into Graf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Puffer, Nov 23, 2005.

Share This Page

?

How did you get into graf?

1. Siblings

6.4%
  2. Friends

37.1%
  3. Internet

7.4%
  4. Other

49.1%
  1. Ace_young_kid

Ace_young_kid Member

i got into graf when i went to europe and saw all the shit they had there it like inspired me... lol

2. ASEL1DBL

ASEL1DBL Senior Member

my bro and my friend

3. Myme

Myme Senior Member

1)Saw my cousin's toy ass shit (He bit Mr.Wiggles I Think)
    2)Google'd "graffiti"
    3)Artcrimes.com
    4)Learned what it was about.. and then saw the pieces.. wow.. the first writers I saw were like eros, sket, skam, maze, bacon, msk/awr crew.. all those guys inspired me and graffiti just took over

4. slick dick willy

slick dick willy Senior Member

mmm...looking at gang graff, saw The Source graff section,
    and liked skecthing stuff.

5. v e n s r.

v e n s r. Senior Member

seak one painted a skatepark that i used to skate at, i check out his website one day and started sketching ever since, started witth doing sketches during study hall then going to the b rooms in between classes and bombing them with my magnum 44

then i began stealing paint and better markers and hitting shit that wasnt behind closed doors

6. __:Amok:_

__:Amok:_ Senior Member

uhh my family lives in chicago and i live in newyork so...hard to ignore graffiti lol but yea i take the train 2 times a year to see my grandparents and would see all the trains n shit. i always would draw stuff so i decided to write my name graffiti style ever since i been painting. Got caught tho <_< been layin low fer a bit

7. NiHiL

NiHiL Elite Member

i used to drive down the highways on the gold coast and see all the graf and one day i started to tagg stickers and then i got real good!!! :D :rolleyes: :lol:

8. fannypack uprock

fannypack uprock Elite Member

seeing it around town as a kid always facinated me so it was only a matter of time before i tried it out myself. never had anyone to show me the ropes just kinda invented the ropes as i went... thats kinda how i roll anyways tho so it kinda fit in.

9. DEKOR

DEKOR Elite Member

L'atlas, L'atlas, O'clock, O'clock..
    my oldskool kings

10. _SARE

_SARE Member

basically my bro used to draw a lot as a hobby but it wasnt graffiti. Being the younger one, u always try to imitate what ur older bro was doing. I tried drawing but i sucked ass. I still do...anyways, i always used to see graffiti around my town but it was some sucky ass toy shiz. But, it inspired be nonetheless. I suppose i wanted to try graffiti since i was a piece of crap at drawing objects and anime characters or whatever u wanted to draw like trees or whatever. Haha, guess i wanted to show my bro up. I never really did get into...i just looked at it and was like, "hey, thats cool...even though it looks funky....and it is illegal...cool." So i decided to buy the game Jet Grind Radio for dreamcast and i think the designs and that badass game is what inspired me the most. I fricken beat the game and was looking at all the designs and tried to note what was what and how it could have been done. There were many different styles so the best thing i could do at the moment was to create my own. I was a piece of crap toy in the beginning....as is everyone....but kept on practicing and practicing and praciting and..........

I was running "STEALTH" back then...and now, i have the names Craze/Sare under my belt. im not a fricken king of the streets or anything close to that but i can hold my own. at least i am out of the toy stage.

11. Word Killa!

Word Killa! Senior Member

My friend called me snowhite.Caus i was the only white guy in
    the gang.so i started to write snowhite everywhere...that was my first name..
    it was soooo dawn wack. but in secondary 1 i change name for a shorter
    one and my style was growing fast. this is how a start.

BERGK. word Killa!

12. The Kure

The Kure Senior Member

i got into it when a guy at my church showed me his graff. i tried it and i got pretty good at it. i actually burn the guy and im way better than him. kinda weird but oh well, live and learn!

13. Ironik

Ironik Senior Member

driving to school wit my mom and looked up and noticed a huge throwup on a slanted wall. I think it was AU or U not shure then i saw their tag on the Mc Donalds by my house. and my cousine she taught me how to do bubble letters.

14. neaksta

neaksta Senior Member

in elematry skool my skool would juts get fuckiinnnnnn taged to shitttt and always sit by the window keep seeing new shit on it and it got me into it i thought that was really koool

15. pesci

pesci Senior Member

when i lived outside of boston taking the highway into the city the walls were covered... always making my head turn, so i started trying.

16. Dr. Coffee

Dr. Coffee Elite Member

17. unknown_1

unknown_1 Elite Member

i've been into graff all me life
    it started by ridin the newcastle metro only started writin when i moved away from newcastle tho

18. $NAKE$

$NAKE$ Elite Member

i got into graff by smokin weed and living beside a train yard. you sorta just think its like what you were put their to do, you know?

19. inimical critic

inimical critic Senior Member

20. Markz_sak_909

Markz_sak_909 New Member

wow i cant really remember, i think i started because i saw a guy doing bubble writting and some simple bombs and that inspired me to write but i didnt know how to do it but later like in 7th my cousin got me into writting and then the rest is history