Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

How Did You Get Into Graf

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Puffer, Nov 23, 2005.

Share This Page

?

How did you get into graf?

1. Siblings

6.4%
  2. Friends

37.1%
  3. Internet

7.4%
  4. Other

49.1%
  1. coser1

coser1 Senior Member

i got into it cause one my friends asked me to come with him when he used to do it i saw it once and have been doing it since

2. Craze-07-

Craze-07- New Member

i got into graph from a friend i have all ways liked art but graph was so much more of a buzz.

3. Skeggi

Skeggi Senior Member

I got into it through hip-hop. Writer's Block, shit like that. And that dope movie Style Wars.

4. 2facedkillah

2facedkillah Senior Member

my buddy got me into graff

5. Reinone

Reinone Senior Member

started alone, when i left Canada to Belgium two years ago, knew some people who were writing so i get in.

6. CRN-one

CRN-one Senior Member

I should spend a rainy day skimming this thread looking for the one guy who said "I played Mark Ecko's Getting Up, and it inspired me to write."

that would be sweet.

edit: whoops, found it.

It was the kids first and last post. Poor kid. They probably lynched him.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  7. thats me

thats me Senior Member

my brother got me into graffiti.

8. casual

casual Member

No it was just a piss take obviously, you gullable fucker.

9. mmmburgers

mmmburgers Elite Member

my friend got me in it

10. SKriBL*666

SKriBL*666 Elite Member

Uncle.

Great 80's writer.

11. Set17

Set17 Senior Member

i found a can of spray paint in a janitors room for buffing graffiti and i took it and used it but i was so bad i wanted to get better

12. NEKEL1

NEKEL1 Senior Member

my cousin asked me to go bombing when i was like 12 so i went out with him and loved the thrill we got chased as well from there i got a bit shook but as i got older is started sketchin and then got into graff on the streets wen i was comfident in my graff

then i found out my uncle rote nookei so i started ritin nook for short
    he rote elie 87 in 87 too

13. Blam!

Blam! Senior Member

One day some one said the words Graffiti, then weeks to come, i started see it every where and starting to become so into graffiti.

14. Magerloke5

Magerloke5 Member

I got into graff because I've always have had an obsession with markers....then I saw ma homeboy get down wit my markers so I wanted to be sicc like him turns out im better den he was:)

15. PANZEROTTO

PANZEROTTO Member

one of my good friends got me into it and he let me borrow style wars and i got really inspired

16. EoP

EoP New Member

just seein all the writing on walls and stores(San Francisco) sorta gave me somthin to do like try and copy some of their stuff......and then from there and age i started do my own...

17. thatkidyouknew

thatkidyouknew Elite Member

my brother in law. he was from philly and he moved to where i lived and showed me his black book this was about in 97? so i asked him to take me out to paint and we went out later that night he gave me a magum 44 haha and told me be wise with it and ever since then its been my thing and my drug

18. NoN

NoN New Member

Some crackhead at my school in, what, 6th grade was into some hardcore bombing, so why not give it a try?

19. Rots takes your Daughters

Rots takes your Daughters Elite Member

20. pabospray

pabospray New Member

i grew up in with GTB crew, TMF, TDK, RK, and even painted with TMS crew from germany. i only lived 20 some miles from frisco, and we were all a bunch of punk ass stoners who listed to scum fuck rock and roll and underground hip-hop. we hated the system, so we resisted the only way we could think of..... by bombing the shit out of anything and everything we could get our hands on. Do i regret it? FUCK NO. Painting has kept me sober from drugs (save mary jane) and i've met many many cool writers and hip hop artists in the process, not to mention all the games of cat and mouse we played with the cops, and all the experiences we talk about now. I really cant imagine where i would be if it wasn't for graf.... everyone should paint at least once in their life to see the rush we get from it, and not just hate because it's "vandalism". 20 bucks worth of paint, removed with 5 bucks worth of brake cleaner.... it actually seems less cost effective to buff..... but whatever.

stay up, keep writing, long live the SF Bay Area!

-Koal