Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Is Graffiti Art Or Vandalism

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CAMPER DOM, May 11, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Ginsu

Ginsu Senior Member

graffiti is an art. art cant be defined as just doing it as a busness. its just like any other art but for your cities injoyment. anyone who sais that it is vandalism is absolutly right. the vandilism is the art. would you rather see a painting that is all red (and there is one) and say its for the message or a piece of urban art on the streets and see ones sweat, blood and tears into a single piece or multiple pieces of aw inspiring art. graffiti is inevitable for generations graffiti has been around, no matter how manny of us stop more toys will form the next generation. us toy will get pushed by the elite to become better to show toys what it is to be an art criminal and what it is to be an artist, to put your soul into the art and feel that you have accomplished something. this way of art will be rememberd and practiced for generations to come.

2. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

3. taxus

taxus Senior Member

This thread is stupid.
    Illegal graffiti is vandalism. Legal graffiti is art.

4. "Scar" DtK

"Scar" DtK New Member

graffiti's not a crime...its a lifestyle

5. FidelGastro

FidelGastro Senior Member

a lifestyle of crime

graffiti is vandalism, if it wasnt and you didnt get a rush from it would most people be in the game? nope.

6. "Scar" DtK

"Scar" DtK New Member

i didnt think of that..that is true..half of our shit wouldnt be as good cause we wouldnt get the rush...thanks fidel

7. Bombsquad13

Bombsquad13 Member

okay heres what i got to say..

graffiti in its self is art no matter what people say it is art..
    were and when you do go bombing and doing graff on illegal walls then it is considerd vandilisim or however you spell it..

but theres is always the topic on why is it so contriversial (agian however you spell it)
    but we will keep that for another forum =]

8. ...Syerf

...Syerf Senior Member

ginsu has a good look on things...graffiti is art and vandalism....art in the eyes of those who enjoy it, and vandalism in the eyes of the law and those who oppose it. Personally, i see it as an art form bcuz it takes talent, practice and time to get to the point of recognition. If you gotta work that hard at gettin somethin to look good(personal style, colors ect) it could be considered some kind of talent, in this case under the category of design, which in larger context is art. Its only art on paper, but when it gets up on a wall, it becomes illegal, and that "categorized" as vandalism. So its both...but not everyone sees it as an art, simply because it is illegal, or the fact that they just dont like it, which to me, is just not being that open minded....

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  9. PG_Miscreant

PG_Miscreant Senior Member

can it not be both??? graffiti is graffiti, though the vast majority of "tagging" is just stupid petty vandalism. if its legal its not graffiti

10. "Riot"

"Riot" Elite Member

pointless thread

YES,graffiti is a crime.
    YES,it is an artform.

/rant.

11. muse2

muse2 Member

your stupid, its many things to many people, if you think its vandalism fine, but dont call us who take it seriously toys, it just means that our "art" will come out more meaningful than yours......ass

12. S!KE

S!KE Member

to me graffiti is art and will always be fuckin art.

"vandalism" is dumb fucks who write the most random shit like "XIV" or "CRIP" etc...

this is what i think.. so if it effects you in anyway it's not my problem.. :)

it's like hunting.. you can do it at some places and at other its illegal and a crime.

13. Oink.

Oink. Elite Member

illegal, art,stealing.

guy graffiti is an illegal art no matter how you want to swing it your a criminal. Steal the paint, drugs to sketch and "vandalism" s;all the same shit.

14. speak504

speak504 Member

15. Slushi

Slushi Banned

Now thats just ridiculous.

16. >HipHopism

>HipHopism Member

ummmmm...if your bombing and destroying shit with just throwups n tags....its not really art to me...when i do walls and canvases, i consider it art

17. Case-One

Case-One Senior Member

this is a great question, i'm an art student at a tech college here in my town and my design teacher absolutly loves graff and appreciates it to its fullest. see graffiti is a combination of both art and vandilism, for one the majority of writers respect their city and love their grounds, they are just marking what they love. Now on ther other hand you see MS13 and other gang tags that look like shit, these guys are just showing their gangs grounds and i think that shit is stupid fucking vandilism plus their about killing and just stupid thug shit, but when you see a drippy tag or a fucking vibrant peice theres no doubt thats art, even though it's pretty much vandilism it looks better than some 13 year old writting his GD or what the fuck ever gang their ins name.

18. toxcnine**

toxcnine** Banned

19. Huh

Huh Member

graffittit is definatley art, sure the toys that go around and tag on everything they can see even wreck good walls with a shitty tag that aint art but any peice or even throw for that matter counts as art

20. crik

crik Senior Member

pure destruction. it's terrorism.