Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Is Graffiti Art?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GeSuS_KRiST, Jan 25, 2005.

Share This Page

?

Is Graffiti Art?

1. Yes

82.3%
  2. No

17.7%
  1. syrne

syrne Senior Member

i dunno wtf graff is , but its fun

2. AEROSOL_FEEN

AEROSOL_FEEN Senior Member

3. letsg0skate

letsg0skate Senior Member

wow that kid gets his skull smashed whoever it was they are pussies hes obviously to drunk and the first time they're beatin him was more then enough but the second time was justt pussyyyyy two big dudes kickin his face while hes on the ground whaccck

4. kuso

kuso Member

its art, but its a crime too, if graffiti was legal, i wouldnt do it, it wouldnt be as fun.

5. AEROSOL_FEEN

AEROSOL_FEEN Senior Member

yeah that is fucking dickhead....i would back that kid up. and when the guy whacked him hehe first time he threw is punches soooooo slow....

6. Grape1

Grape1 Senior Member

Personally, I think the best answer would be art is both vandalism and art. If your doing a nice bridge spot somewhere, you have the vandalism aspect of it because your defacing somebody else's property; at the same time your putting hard work and creativity into it, therefore it is also art.

The only way to tell if graffiti is only art or only vandalism is to see if the person doing it is really putting they're own creative edge into there work or just doing sloppy copycat stuff.

Bottom line in my opinion, graffiti is both art and vandalism unless your doing a legal, in which case its just art.

-Grape1

7. wasted1

wasted1 Banned

graffiti isnt art and thats right! graffiti is protesting against media posters and commercials as replacing urself against them as protest.tag is ur alias name and galiocraphy bomb is like commercial poster piece is your protest idk did i spelled wrong im from estonia :D

8. [phenom5]

[phenom5] Senior Member

9. C-SONE

C-SONE Senior Member

It is definately both art and vandalsim. Just because it is one it is not not the other, It is definately not plain vandalism as it is damage with a purpose as oppsed to damage for no reason and which does not reflect well upon anybody.

10. C-SONE

C-SONE Senior Member

Who Gives A Fuck What Cope2 Would Say, Unless You Are Actually Gonna Ask Him.

11. lordloss

lordloss Senior Member

dude that video is fucked up man what littel bitchs two on one kicking that guy in the face thats fucked up. anyway back to the question is graffiti art?yes i would say it is or at least has artist vaules like when you go and do a tag your not just writing a word on a wall you trying to be creative and have your name look good. If you say its not art just think like when you do a peice or just a simple throw up think what you did to creat it ONE:tried to make it your own and stand out.TWO:you had to chose what colors and out lines and all that go together. those are both things that artist do so i woul have to say its fucking creative vandilism your not just walking up to a wall and paint you think it out and try to make it look as good as you can

12. Bets369R

Bets369R Elite Member

13. silentchaos14

silentchaos14 Elite Member

id say its artistic vandilism. there aint much art that goes into tagging but pieces and throws have some artistic value to them.

14. ki.ne.tic

ki.ne.tic New Member

of course it is.. it is visual oppressed art.

15. xtitansx0

xtitansx0 Banned

yes its art, any behavior used to express yourself is considered art... if u wana rap a tampon with tape and write "go jets" on it its art...lol

16. igots0le

igots0le Senior Member

its creative vandalism

17. stewa_sk8

stewa_sk8 Senior Member

word ... :):D

18. toon_dragon

toon_dragon Senior Member

^^^yeah its both. Destroying shit, with an artistic touch.

19. toxus

toxus Elite Member

This thread makes more and more angry the more I view it.

Fuck off.

20. sketch3

sketch3 Banned

this is only true for toys, a dpoe handy can be artistic