Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Is my can ruined?

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Nikita F, Jun 8, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Nikita F

Nikita F New Member

I recently bought a couple of ironlak cans. Im a complete toy and haven't painted before, so I have no clue what happened. I forgot to shake the can before use, and it sprayed out some gas, and stopped. Now it doesn't spray at all. I shook it for a while afterwards, and still nothing. I tried one of my other cans (that I shook before use), and it seems to work fine. These are brand new cans. Is the cap clogged? If so how do I fix that? Did it run out of gas because I didn't shake it? Help would be highly appreciated.

2. Bants

Bants Senior Member

firstly, dont buy expensive paint. its like fuckin all the hoodrats first then finding that one bro. next sounds to me like a clogged cap. some cans are doa and it happens. its not like you can just return it. shake well, turn it upside down and see if it clears. if not, swap caps and repeat. if not, put the cap on it, it is now a paper weight. sorry.

practice with the cheap stuff, stock cap, basics. get a bag of fat caps, once you get a little control then drop some coin on the good stuff.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  3. SUG

SUG Elite Member

Check out "art primo clogged can" on youtube

4. Bants

Bants Senior Member

ahhh look at that. youtube... a blessing and a curse...

5. GuardDog

GuardDog Senior Member

I have a lak can where the valve got fucked completely. So if that's the case don't be shocked. If you want to buy premium paint you don't need to get it off bombing science half the time. If there's a blick art materials around you somewhere I would check it out. There's one like half an hour away from me that will sell you a can of montana gold for like five bucks because stores are being competitive with prices. I shit you not

6. LaPaje

LaPaje Member

Try taking a fat cap spray it or try spraying it upside down. You may have ruined the valve though...

7. Loaf3r

Loaf3r Member

My solution is:
    1. Grab a needle cap/RED callig. cap (Only the red/jet variety works to my knowledge.)
    2. Pull out the needle or callig. insert using needle nosed pliers.
    3. Get a razor blade and cut the little slit in the stem so its slightly wider than normal. This will make it spray really fucking fast.
    4. Shake the fuck out of the cans for maybe 5 minutes.
    5. Put on the cap and try spraying.
    This will put out a lot of paint very quickly, and will usually push out the resin thats stuck in the little dip straw.
    Hope this helps.