Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Krylon And Other Name Brand Paints

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Payday_909, Jun 28, 2004.

Share This Page

1. CHUB

CHUB Senior Member

i usually just order montana, but i also get like mini cans of krylon. the cops in ma city are reallly really bitchy bout ppl with backpacks, i guess cause the graffiti has spiked up so much, so i usually carry two mini cans with me and a paint marker or two. but yeah, i love alien and krylon, i used to use color place but it kept fucking up the caps i got off BS. so yeah, krylon or montana, ive never used rusto but i heard there really good.

2. capitol

capitol Senior Member

Is krylon fusion any good?It looks like its not very diverse with that fucked up stock cap.

3. InsaneSanity

InsaneSanity Senior Member

its water based :( bin it.

4. cast LI

cast LI Elite Member

rusto is a musto.

krylon fucking sucks.

montana is amazing.

belton is amazing.

your mother is amazing.

5. InsaneSanity

InsaneSanity Senior Member

krylon rocks, just dont touch h20

thats how it goes..

6. pez ss

pez ss Senior Member

cast u listn to black flag nice

7. EGO31

EGO31 Elite Member

iron lak is good montana fucking owns but it's so expensive here :(

aussie export flat black and red are the only decent cheap paints here and you have to rack caps for them

what is sabotaz 80 like?

8. reka one

reka one Senior Member

i like rusto more than krylon but ill take whatever if its free

9. settybomb

settybomb Elite Member

Thank god another person believes this.

Krylons good.
    Rustos got the gusto for fills when your bombing.

but for elaborate hands, krylon satin ultraflat white or krylon ultra flat black all the way.

10. Albert Fish

Albert Fish Elite Member

idc, i love krylon. ive had good luck with any type of cap on a can of krylon. it's just expensive and can be water but you can work around that.

11. Genocide

Genocide Member

Shiiit. I cant say much. I aint used Montana or Rusto and that shit. Krylon for me has worked best lately. But I can only afford dollar store paint. Lol. A buck a can but hell with the right cap it works wonders.

12. a_slave_to_creation

a_slave_to_creation Senior Member

as far as krylon goes, some batches are better than others, but it fades easy in sun and rain. if u ever get a really watery batch call krylon and they usually send u a replacement < worked for me a few times. i personally use belton. montana is good, but the regular cans have high pressure so if u dont have good control ull get drips. also, america has different environmental laws preventing us from making cans that have 'no-dust' 'anti-drip'.... but seeing that belton isnt made here, the chemical laws are pretty lax. plus is low pressure so you dont have to be great and you can still avoid drips. its $6 a can, but once u go belton ull never go back.

13. Goldbricker Society

Goldbricker Society New Member

anyone ever used krylon xtreme colors? the shit looks hot- metalisized colors but I can't find a cap to match and the shit is thin thin. any notes on he cap or a good metal color yall worked with?

gbs

14. chilltager718

chilltager718 Member

15. Platz

Platz Member

has anyone ever tried the tremclad rusto paint?

how many caps can fit on it?

16. Dez-One

Dez-One Senior Member

I've only gone into Krylon a few times cause I dont think I'm that good, and don't wanna waste money on it... But I have bought some orange Krylon and it sucked balls. It was way too watered down, and faded into the wall leaving a somewhat brown line instead of orange.

So for now, I'll stick to the $.96 cans, and use NY Fats or Thins as I see fit.

17. MuramZA

MuramZA Senior Member

Rusto seems to always work for anything. Kilz craftcote works great to and fit several caps, but there is a serious lack of color choices. Kilz casual colors is a good choice to, but they come with a female cap system, but the cap it does come with is good. Kilz sells for anywhere betwwen $2.00 to $3.00. Also, Kilz white primer is the purest white I've ever used, it looks like a large sticker for lack of better words. Of course if you have to bank, Belton Molotow is way to go, but there are other cans out there that get the job done.

18. REMOoneSF

REMOoneSF Senior Member

i buy america's finest for $2 each but i onyl buy black and white and try to rack my other paint but i bought a few montanas jsut to mess around for $6 each

19. spiller

spiller Senior Member

i use alot of 97 cent walmart cans, but whenever i can i rack or scam some rusto or krylon.

but if you ask me those walmart silvers are the way to go, get an astro fat cap for em.

MmmMmmMmm.

thats the shit.

20. GEE-DOT-ONE

GEE-DOT-ONE Senior Member

think of it like this

your brands are systems and the colors are games
    Ruso is your Sega Genesis
    Krylon is your Super Nintendo
    Montana is like your ps1
    Beltons like a N64
    and the cheap 94 cent shit is like your atari jaguar

now each is special
    your atari jaguar gets picked on by people who play 64, and ps1.....
    everyone respects your super nintendo and sega genesis for what they have done.... people have favorite brands which is one thing but love them all like vido game systems... each color is a game...
    in example krylon ultra flat black is your super mario world
    and Rusto silver is like Sonic the hedgehog 3
    and we all know nfl blitz 99 is differnt from ps1 and n64....

sayin one brand beats the others is lame.... now arguing about which colors are better is differnt...

best is to find what you like...