Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Lookie-Lookie at the Blackbookies: flicks>talk

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by geezpot, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. bait

bait Senior Member

duke, id love to exchange, been a fan of ur work ever since i even started writing

2. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

image.jpg

12064081_10156113578700464_1350306995_n.jpg

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  3. DukeOne

DukeOne Moderator

Haha, well I'm glad you like it homie! And I did try to record it, but my camera has an auto focus on the video that made it unbearable to watch, honestly can not figure out how to prevent this. But I'll be trying out my new camera soon, so hopefully that goes well.

Really appreciate it man, and yea lets do it. You writing bait or baite?

4. zombies

zombies Member

Agus u need to work on your letter structure brother too many extensions. Just work on your flow (how letters sit next to eachother) and letter structure, then work on coloring, then work on extensions. Sometimes less is more. I've done beautiful pieces with no extensions and just used immaculate colors. That's another thing, I can tell you are using crappy markers. If you want quality, you have to use quality. I'm not telling you that you suck or trying to be a dick. So don't be mad. Every veteran has taken advice and has been criticized.

5. Agus Wibowo

Agus Wibowo Senior Member

thanks Zombie, by the way, where's your shits? I wanna see them..

6. zombies

zombies Member

I will have a game changer up tonight, keep an eye out

7. milfhunter

milfhunter Elite Member

Photo on 10-12-15 at 7.39 PM.jpg

trying out new names and what not.. bugs,duke,eba legit as always.
    i agree partially with zombie you got a style just need to refine it more
    zombie: you'd have to bust out some never before seen shit to be a game changer ,most of whats around now a days is recycled an or influenced styles.. good luck

8. milfhunter

milfhunter Elite Member

i know its not books but.... I'm lazy.

full (1).jpg
    full (4).jpg
    full (11).jpg
    full (12).jpg

9. MASTAH_RIBCAGE

MASTAH_RIBCAGE Moderator

please tell me those models were down for the dope d

10. zombies

zombies Member

these are all about 5 years old, i will post some fresh stuff here in a few.
    black.jpg guit.jpg mega.jpg sec.jpg

11. zombies

zombies Member

montana paint markers
    zom.jpg

12. zombies

zombies Member

montana and molotow
    20151012_224100.jpg

13. Walid Jumblat

Walid Jumblat Senior Member

Zombie, sorry but you aint no game changer.

Don't be mad.

14. zombies

zombies Member

Dont sweat the technique

15. EBA

EBA Elite Member

Ha... nah bro. I mean, your letter structure is very solid and your fills are on point. Overall composition is there and you are a decent artist, but some of your character work is lacking and your reduction of extensions and whatnot reveals that you have repeated the same letters exactly every time you go. Which is okay, but not a "game changer" as you wanna call yourself. It's not toy at all (except for the characters and they aren't TERRIBLE). I think your criticism of Agus was on point, actually. I wasn't going to say anything because he's got some real strong points and yeah, he overdoes extensions but has nice handies and the overall pieces are solid. And who am I to judge? I gave Bugz some criticism but it was more about marker technique and even then, at this state in the game, I don't like calling people out or being that way. Everyone does their own thing and on their own path. Even you homie.

No hate. Just calling it like I see it. I'm my own worst critic and while I'm thankful for every bit of praise I get, I take my criticism harder. And I certainly wouldn't big myself up while trying to criticize someone else. So anyway, like usual, I said too much.

Everyone chill the fuck out now and have fun. Respect.

16. zombies

zombies Member

Hey man I would like to shake your hand honestly I came here for raw criticism not to get sucked off..I know I'm far from the best and that's why I need people to tell me what I'm doing wrong. Criticisn is nothing to get offended over in fact when I was inn art school they made you stand in front of the whole class while they all talked shit. They did that for a reason. Anyways, only worried about the last piece, please tell me what you think. I know the others are piss poor in certain aspects. And yes I did trace the letters on the last piece but I drew it specifically for that picture. The way I do stuff is I draw everything separately to get my proportions correct then i trace it all on to one piece of paper. Less fuck ups show. So yea I colored the original lettering for fun. And i know there are no extensions. Anything else?

17. zombies

zombies Member

And i wasnt trying to 'big' myself up, sorry if it seemed that way. .I know for a fact I didn't say anything condesending while giving him pointers. And yea I said game changer in reply to his comment that may have been a bit of a hyperbole but jesus its just a figure of speech I didn't say I was the God of graffiti or put him down in any way

18. Agus Wibowo

thanks Milf and EBA, I appreciated it.
    and for you Zombie, I actually don't like your last 2 pieces.. no offense.. they were just too simple. your letters structure was wack too. the bars did not come with the same width, especially on "B" and "E". Anyway, were your critics was only for my last post? Have you seen my other shits on the previous pages? I've done enough simple pieces and now I'm learning wilder style more..

19. Agus Wibowo

my rough sketch using the dried markers. I'll do it on my sketchbook soon.
    it says -SALSKI-
    salski small.jpg

20. SuburbanTurban

SuburbanTurban Elite Member

some ballpoint pen sketches
    IMG_1364.JPG IMG_1360.JPG IMG_1379.JPG IMG_1369.JPG IMG_1361.JPG IMG_1377.JPG IMG_1378.JPG