Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Lookie-Lookie at the Blackbookies: flicks>talk

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by geezpot, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Ninju

Ninju Member

Unfortunately i couldnt find the EXACT outline that was very very very similiar to ehat Remik used but all i could find in short notice was what i posted, like i said i saw the exact outline a bunch of times it was saved in my phone of IG saved folders but couldnt find it, but with how shakey and unconfident Remik's lines are contracted with the semi half decent sense of style makes me wonder if he saw REMIX and just used his outlines since they have almost the same name, ive seen writers do it a bunch, as long as theyre up front and own it amd say they got influenced by X/Y/Zs letter forms and are just starting and learning then its not a huge deal but it gets into murky water when inexperienced toys directly copy an outline and change it by 1 letter a d say act like its all them, im sure anyone thats semi experienced can agree it gets a little iffy in that territory and untasteful, i just really wish i could find the exact outline id pass by thru my phone all the time but ill have to either save it for another day or not waste my energy but its always a good idea when starting to just be honest about your letters and outlines and if its mega close to someones and you know it just say you really like x/y/z work and might have took too much inspo from a piece,
    anyways i didnt want to make a huuge deal about it but i had to say something when i see unconfident lines mixed with other ppls outlines ive seen a million times from other more experienced writers, always makes me feel something fishy

2. Ninju

Ninju Member

After reading your reply i appreciate your (im assuming) honesty, and i while ppl bite things here and there its never good when you have a name thats almost the same with a style thats echos the more skilled and famous one, but from what you've explained it seems like it wasnt super intentional and started graff around the same time in around 2004ish, i grew up on all those dvds and books and more even, so i know exactly what youre saying and the ppl youve learned, just always be mindful of not biting TOO much esp from ppl with very similar names, everyone bites and adds on but just careful and try to bite little bits from a buffet of your fav writers and then mix that all together along with your own flavor and you will start developing a style thats uniquely you even if just by a bit

3. Ninju

Ninju Member

Anyways back to our scheduled program..
    An old piece i did for my ex-gf, nice piece but she was a fucking Rollercoaster. Wish i finished the background..

9hdTrxx.jpg

4. Ninju

Ninju Member

Some simple funky pieces for some frens names

LbkkYdF.jpg

HoLUprg.jpg

5. Ninju

Ninju Member

I like the caligraphy practice, looks very clean, id almost want to see you expand one of those calligraphy fonts and thicken and bend one into a full blown piece, feels like it would have much more flavor and uniqueness to it imo

6. caron_400

caron_400 Senior Member

I'll do something like that for the toy battle , you'll see it in the thread probably really close to the deadline lol.

Also don't worry about calling me out on the style of my sketches, I'm all good with the critiques and I totally see why you think that I'm biting.

My style, if you can call it that, is really just straight letters made from my handstyle with little flow bends and angled endings. Nothing to write home about.

The calligraffiti style you see is highly influenced by keaps25lr from instagram. Check him out, he's really dope.

7. nerrvous

nerrvous Member

acdn.discordapp.com_attachments_774721479652802570_859762690355101706_unknown.png acdn.discordapp.com_attachments_774721479652802570_859762316941852712_unknown.png acdn.discordapp.com_attachments_774721479652802570_859245980334293012_unknown.png

Made all of these in MS paint

8. vigostar

vigostar Senior Member

9. nerrvous

nerrvous Member

i just thought it looked cool tbh so i kept it.

10. EBA

EBA Elite Member

11. nerrvous

nerrvous Member

12. Classic

Classic Senior Member

13. EBA

EBA Elite Member

That black and white train one is bananas!

14. caron_400

caron_400 Senior Member

Doing some bevels practice for a tattoo I'm going to do soon.

RIP piece for a friend of a friend, this is what I'm working with at the moment. It's going inside a bicep so I can't go too crazy with it but it's looking like something I can twist into a decent/good tattoo.

received_328001712145430~2.jpeg

PXL_20210703_180857804.MP~2.jpg

15. caron_400

caron_400 Senior Member

And another one

PXL_20210703_222207615.MP~2.jpg

16. Teniks

Teniks Elite Member

17. Switch Technique

Switch Technique Senior Member

not been sketching too much but actually trying to get out there and paint a bit more. anyway heres some more simple stuff

thumbnail_45ACD4E4-0A38-4F90-A035-7E62E8CE9F95.jpg

18. EBA

EBA Elite Member

19. Teniks

Teniks Elite Member

20. EBA

EBA Elite Member

Ha... Thank you!