Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by imported_newz12, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Sade2

Sade2 Member

Im prob the biggest marker whore on this board lol.
    although i never tried making one i have like dozens of paint markers, diffrent colors and sizes and everything. And when i cant paint that day and it starts to get dark i just walk around with like two or three in my pocket and just do tags and throw ups, and thats what i like doing the most.

2. gnarlatron3030

gnarlatron3030 Elite Member

I've actually been having a hard time finding chalkboard erasers lately
    I've stooped to actually buying them.
    It's quite sad.
    Most schools have started only using whiteboards/dry erase boards

do those erasers work two?

3. skrim

skrim Senior Member

depends what its made of .. aslong as its felt i guess its gona work .. and SMi7K .. a compact and medium width tip would be a mini glu stick marker .. i made one and i filled it with this ZIG ink i racked from art class .. and its fucking awesome .. its so small ..

4. ?!?

?!? Senior Member

;) thanks..i heard that once u open that shit..it gets contaminated by the hydogren in the air..and it makes it waterly...so you just use all that up once?>

5. sika_2002

sika_2002 Elite Member

if your talking about brake fluid that shouldnt happen. and dont use to much of it in a mixture

6. scar401

scar401 Member

im makein a gluestick marker..... would i hav to fold the eraser felt or roll it??? thx

7. kill

kill Elite Member

are pilot markers any good?

8. gnarlatron3030

gnarlatron3030 Elite Member

scar401
    I folded mine and I've never tried rolling it in a gluepen
    but theoretically it should work

And Kill(wtf?your name..... :( )
    Pilots are pretty good, but homemades are better in my opinion

9. scar401

scar401 Member

10. Puffer

Puffer Senior Member

has anyone heard of jiffy artline marker? my friend has every colour possible he got them from his dad his dad got them from work, there are for marking numbers or something on automotive blocks and engines, stuff like that, well anyways these markers are amazing they work on plastic, metal, wood, there great, they come in your basic blue,red,black,white,yellow, and i think thats about it, the tip is a bit bigger than a sharpie, so there kinda small, but man there permanent, i did a tag just down my street on a mailbox, and that was a year ago, its still there and clear as day, anyways if anyone in canada, or anywhere, knows where to buy them online or in stores, thatd be dope

11. sika_2002

sika_2002 Elite Member

search the internet. most things can be found there.

12. magic nyc

magic nyc Elite Member

Heres my chapstick marker I made. I sealed it from the bottom so the ink wouldnt leak out cause it did when i tested it with water.

[Broken External Image]:http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a37/goverment_issued/Graff/Tools/Gra044.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a37/goverment_issued/Graff/Tools/Gra042.jpg
    [Broken External Image]:http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a37/goverment_issued/Graff/Tools/Gra043.jpg

I heated the chapsticks bottom and sealed the seam of the marker with its own plastic using the nail. Jailhouse style. I Tested it with water and its good and sealed. Im going to wax the inside a little just incase cause I dont want to fuck up my clothes. It still looks nasty so im going to sand off the extra plastic parts. I hate markers with like tape on them they look like shit.

HINT: Make sure you have the chapstick turned all the way down, cause i only had mine halfway down and now i cant put too much ink in it :( And dont melt throught the plastic and dont make it weak Use the plastic from the extra rim/lip part and make it flush

13. runci

runci Elite Member

all that for a wee fuckin marker.. just go out n buy one if ur gonna go throo all that trouble...

or use paint

14. magic nyc

magic nyc Elite Member

15. Wet Mops

Wet Mops Senior Member

i used a montana marker, and i hit an electrical box with it. and two weeks later my friend went up to it with a snow/ice chunk from the road, and wiped it, just joking, and surprisingly the shit wiped off...... i didnt want the tag to be half-buffed, so he wiped the whole thing off.. haha.... thats the last time i use montana markers.......just wanted to share this horrible experience

16. toxus

toxus Elite Member

hahaha^^ i dident know it was that bad.
    has any one seen stockholm subway stories? have you seen the bit when that guy (fy) is spraying his name with a water pistol? are they like hard to make? i want to try one, but just making sure its safe and stuff :D

17. magic nyc

magic nyc Elite Member

How can I make my ink thicker after I already make it?

18. toxus

toxus Elite Member

what did you use to make it?

19. magic nyc

magic nyc Elite Member

2 black ink cartriges from a sharpie
    1 sliver ink cartrige from a sharpie
    Some alchol
    a 1/3 viniger compared to alchol

20. toxus

toxus Elite Member

what colour has it come out like? put some paint of that colour in the mix