Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by imported_newz12, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. hale

hale Member

easily done here take a deoderant stick and put ink in it and eraser felt the cap is all ready there for u

2. anarchy

anarchy Elite Member

For some reason I sense a police presence in this thread....

3. fosi

fosi Senior Member

wat can i use for a nib that i might have layin around the house and i dont have a chalkboard eraser

4. NESO1

NESO1 Senior Member

a rag, a sponge, a sock

5. svker

svker Senior Member

Cool, 30mm marker -> Zig Zigns Baby Biggie Markers

[Broken External Image]:http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/5884/55806jpgfpx1mx.jpg

Funny, store clerk swore it's not refillable but I've refill it twice already :lol:
    Just grab pliers then twist until all glue is broken off around cap. Snap off cap, then
    pour out that damn washable ink, be careful theres a marble inside it to help shake up the ink, keep it in there. Then fill with Marsh or your favorite ink. Re-cap by pushing cap until it snaps back on.

My local art supply store had them on clearance for 2 bucks. There normally about 5 bucks here.

Finish product, A Nice OTR.093 Tagstar Style Markie that's squeezeable for producing drips. ;)
    [Broken External Image]:http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/2418/graff6ys.th.jpg

6. NESO1

NESO1 Senior Member

good job, everybody knows how to do that

7. SIEN

SIEN Senior Member

SO? is the point of these posts to inform others? maybe someone dosn't know? PS they have things like that at the dollarstore, only difference is, there round nibs. Ment for writing on windows. Same consept. Tere sweet, only bad thing is the nib gets ripped up easy. good thing there only a buck.

8. NESO1

NESO1 Senior Member

well if you've been here longer than a month you start getting fucking tired of all these 'HOW DO I MAKE A KIWI MOP???' AND 'LOOOK GUYS U CAN TAKE THA CAP ON WD40 AND U GOT A FATCAP!!!!' posts.

like come on, are you telling me that you didn't know how to open the zig, take out the ink and fill it with paint?

9. Gara

Gara Senior Member

thank you for that useless post

10. svker

svker Senior Member

I didn't see it in here so I posted it for the "asno del gato" who didn't for future reference.

11. Sprae

Sprae Senior Member

do hardware stores and office supply stores carry pilot jumbos?

12. NESO1

NESO1 Senior Member

some do, get into specifics, like, what country and what store?

13. BRAINE

BRAINE Elite Member

if youre in america you cant get them anywhere.
    just order them from samsclub website, ultra cheap. order black and use red refill ink and garvey to refill it. then within a few weeks of use itll be flowing good violet stainer.
    or support BS and order it here.
    or get a magnum, because you probly dont order stuff online otherwise you wouldnt ask.

14. Nosypainter

Nosypainter Elite Member

rarly good luck finding one i had to order mine off the internet...

15. The Great Albatross

The Great Albatross Member

I put ghetto krink into a zig woodcraft, but the paint looks a bit opaque and thin even when tested on paper. I noticed the original ink in the woodcraft seemed more watery like ink. Should i use marsh ink instead of krink for this marker, or should krink be reserved for mops?

16. trance

trance Guest

pop the top off a felt tip marker opposite of nib
    pull out inkholder thing
    put wter in mouth, blow through inkthing
    wash nib
    soak inkthing in ur preffered ink
    re-assemble it

cops shouldnt b as harsh if u get caught cuz it looks like a felt tip, which will come off next time it rains

ps try to get same color lid as ur ink, so its no as obvious...

17. Nosypainter

Nosypainter Elite Member

so how is the ghetto krink cause i would buy regular krink but that stuff is high dollar and im broke as hell right now

18. BRAINE

BRAINE Elite Member

ghetto krink is super fresh if you dont over thin it and you use it in a mop.
    also, i found some rediculously cheap etch, like 12 or more fl oz for 5 dollars.
    i wish i actually would use it, but i know i wont.

19. def.

def. Senior Member

even though i have been told numerous times. i mixed white latex paint with acetone (paint thinner). the result was a big loaf of tofu. with some yello shit on top. lesson learned.

i fixed my purple mop's nib. sock+ducktape=new nib.

is it fine to thin latex paint with water? it seems that if it thins it, when it rains it will wash off. i'm going to try it but if anybody wants to tell me what's up, feel free.

20. Dens_One

Dens_One Senior Member

Okay, latex paint is water based. When it is still wet, it can be washed right off with water. As it dries, the paint molecules get closer and closer together as the wated is evaporated out. When the paint is dry, all the water is out and the molecules all touch and become one big molecule. Then the paint cannot be removed by adding water. Latex paint is easily removed though, you can scratch it off with a fingernail.