Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by imported_newz12, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Selloe_one1

Selloe_one1 Member

wat is a good marker to put etch in???? or how can i make a marker 4 etch???

2. magic nyc

magic nyc Elite Member

Etch in a deco or kiwi mop straigght up

I got mine in a Kiwi but for somereason the etch turned brown, anyone know whats up with that?

3. T R E O

T R E O Elite Member

^^idk.
    but etch ina deco doesnt seem like a good idea IMO

4. BRAINE

BRAINE Elite Member

yea if any of the wrong chemicals get in etch you can have bad chemical reactions.

anyways, etch is gay unless you live in nyc or one of like 4 other cities that big on the continent.

i saw a dry erase board eraser that had some of that erasing chemical in it, but it looked like an OTR tagstar kind of, huge callig nib, i wanna dry one out and put ink in it, but idn how well itd work. plus i have too many markers already

its at officedepot i think

5. ShIfTeD

ShIfTeD Elite Member

yo, im thinkin of buying an OTR Tagstar

id like to know from someone who has actually used one if they like it or not...does it drip...is it a pump system?
    let me know the ups and downs thanx ;)

6. ToPHAT

ToPHAT Senior Member

I just made a kiwi mop but i lost the nib so i put a piece of the sponge in as the nib. but the thing is i have no superglue to hold it in. would the marker still work if the nib isnt fastened? and if it wont, is there anything other than glue i can use to fasten it... bah

7. magic nyc

magic nyc Elite Member

Not worth the waste of ink, just get a new one for under $2. And why is puting etch in a deco bad? My boy said he did it before.

8. ToPHAT

ToPHAT Senior Member

i got all the shit for free anyways, and i need to go tagging tonite!!!!!!!!!

9. def.

def. Senior Member

you lost the nib and you just made it? wow.

use duct tape. it doesn't get any more simple than that.

10. kill

kill Elite Member

r aerosol art markers any good?
    like do they fade and is they opaque?
    r they hard to buff

11. BRAINE

BRAINE Elite Member

theyre like the same thing as OTR. i think montana german produces them.

the paint ones are opaque, the ink ones are not except possibly the black.

the paint in those (i bought some) is really thin and opaque, but its like an alcohol oil based type thing, its wierd. dries fast, drips, but doesnt stain

never used the ink ones, but i assume theyre just like otrs.

12. ZOD

ZOD Member

Hey anyone here from Hamilton...where do you get your markers and shit. I'm talkin about paint markers and other stuff. I'm thinkin of checkin out this art store downtown but I dunno if i'll score anything for tagging and stuff there.

13. alive

alive Banned

OTR's are amazing, they just run out of ink mad fast. anyone from NYC know where to buy etch as a minor?

14. ToPHAT

ToPHAT Senior Member

lol i found the propper nib for my mop went out and slapped a few tags and the nib ripped off. i tried a few tags without the nib and it didnt look bad but now i need to get more fucking nibs

15. C.L.I.p

C.L.I.p Member

yo i racked the little erasers off of a dry erase marker not the big hand :ph34r: eraser just a little square block stub off da end of the cap i wuz wonderin if id make a good nib? sumbudy help me!!
    :(

16. magic nyc

magic nyc Elite Member

Dont fuck with etch youngin, I burn my finger 3 days ago and it still hurts. And my boy told me to smell the nib so I did cause I was curious and that shit made my lungs litterally hurt. :(
    But yea dont expect to buy it. A small one cost like $30 and you have to be 21 I think and they only sell it in PearlPaints that I know of and you cant rack it cause its locked up. Out of town racking would be best.

17. def.

def. Senior Member

using a kiwi mop without a nib is actually not too bad. it really depends the thickness of your paint.

my nib fell of the other day and i finished the tag with crazy drips. i'm probably not even going to get a new nib for it.

18. T R E O

T R E O Elite Member

Dont fuck with etch youngin, I burn my finger 3 days ago and it still hurts. And my boy told me to smell the nib so I did cause I was curious and that shit made my lungs litterally hurt. :(
    But yea dont expect to buy it. A small one cost like $30 and you have to be 21 I think and they only sell it in PearlPaints that I know of and you cant rack it cause its locked up. Out of town racking would be best. [/b][/quote]
    word.
    i rack my etch even if it was locked up.

19. G-RAF

G-RAF Senior Member

fuk that...just go to the store open a kiwi and then just exchange it./... so simple

20. disobey.the.giant

disobey.the.giant Member

that happenned to me as well. pisses you off when it happens huh? what pissed me off even more is when i got home i didn't even have the right mop. super gluing the nib onto the top base only lasts so long.