Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Markers

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by imported_newz12, May 2, 2004.

Share This Page

1. NOKi

NOKi Member

So I ran some ink through it just to see how it would come out it was a nice red ink but I didn't think to wear gloves an now my hands look like I killed sombody lol. My krazy glue dried up in the lil tube so I couldn't close the ass end up properly but it's just like I thought no flow regulator in it so all the ink just flows passed the ball. Do I really need a lil spring in there for it to work with ink without turning myself into a smurf etc? and If I used say ghetto krink instead of pen ink mix would it be better, if I made it a lil thicker I mean?

2. saveme

saveme Senior Member

the india ink i get is called yasutomo sumi black ink sry its not really inda n that shit stains like fuck i did this stop sign wit that mix about 4 years ago my friend sayied thay tryed to buff it twice and you can still see it 4 yrs l8r . as 4 the d0t 3 it acts as an etch it pretty much eats away at shit n the bingo ya tip suck but there good thero aways !!! thnx 4 the feedback

3. NOKi

NOKi Member

Inida ink or any ink base you get at the doller store for calig is water based, anything water bassed gets buffed like nothing yo. That's like writing on a wall with a crayola marker an being liek ya this shit is unbuffable. I made a india ink mix when I was younger an you can still see some what of a ghost but doesn't mean anything it was the rain an sun that faded it I don't think anybody tried to buff it just because of it's location an if they get paint bam it's gone no matter how new it is it won't bleed threw. Dot3 eats plastic or anything organic really but anything rubber or metal it don't do shit just like saying use fish oil tablets so it takes longer to dry. think about it yo it's ment to go in brake lines. You might as well get some acrylic paint an thin it out a bit an put it in your mop man prob be more vivid colors even.

4. HipsterPunks

HipsterPunks Senior Member

Idk about the replace nib, but cotton nibs suck ass. I got a pack from **** art, and simple garvey wouldn't even flow through it. Cotton nibs aslo fray very easily even on smooth surfaces completly ruining the flow, good luck trying it with paint. Mohair nibs are the shit, I even got smash to flow through them and they last forever, I hit a curb and the mop was fine

5. saveme

saveme Senior Member

grog squeezer is one of my favs lov the ink in it only dislikes its hard to find replacement tips/nubs if your lookin for badass theroaways check out on what i wrote yesterday

6. NOKi

NOKi Member

Agreed cotton nibs are only good for signs an shit that is smooth as ma nuts an half the time like Hipster said they frey like mad.

7. saveme

saveme Senior Member

im sure you got your resipies that work and i know my shit dose cuz ive seen places that have painted and buffed ill make a vid showing making it and using it and that it holds up to b n buffed or painted , as for dot 3 it eats paint n clear coat !!! y do u think so many ppl put um in there markers jus 4 fun cuz it fux painted walls iv maid markers out of mostly of dot3 jus for that!!! I worked at a body shop and a coustmer brought in a car from his repair shop cuz his dumb fuck mecanic left a leaking bottle of brake fluid on a car over the weekend n it fuked it up!!! we had to re paint the whole hood , so i know a bit a bout paints and d0t3 if u dont beleve me pore a bottle on ur car 2night let me know the outcome ...http://www.ehow.com/video_2326810_brake-fluid-can-eat-paint.html o is base coat clear coat organic now??do ur homework b 4 u try n knock me!! QUOTE=NOKi;1782263]Inida ink or any ink base you get at the doller store for calig is water based, anything water bassed gets buffed like nothing yo. That's like writing on a wall with a crayola marker an being liek ya this shit is unbuffable. I made a india ink mix when I was younger an you can still see some what of a ghost but doesn't mean anything it was the rain an sun that faded it I don't think anybody tried to buff it just because of it's location an if they get paint bam it's gone no matter how new it is it won't bleed threw. Dot3 eats plastic or anything organic really but anything rubber or metal it don't do shit just like saying use fish oil tablets so it takes longer to dry. think about it yo it's ment to go in brake lines. You might as well get some acrylic paint an thin it out a bit an put it in your mop man prob be more vivid colors even.[/QUOTE]

8. saveme

saveme Senior Member

n if u want a quick chemistry lession dot3 dosnt eat plastic or thay wouldn't put it in a plastic , sulfuric acid and numanc acid dosnt eat pvc plastic cuz that thats what thay transfer it in but it will fuck up steel concrete wood exc nitric acid wont eat stainless steel but fuks up about every thing else. i also worked at a metal plating shop when i was young so iv ben around i know a lil bit. im now a tattoo artist 4 the past 6yrs so if u wana comment on that try me

9. subcyde

subcyde Senior Member

i made a marker out of a litlle kidstick gluestick its fucking sweet and dosent look like its for graffing at all

10. NOKi

NOKi Member

Look at the bottom of the jug it comes in prob has the lil triangle with a 3 or something maybe a 2 there's dif grades of plastic for dif chems so hows that for a chemistry lesson there bud. As you said you have your recipes an I got mine and just because 1 000 000 people drive daily with out a seat belt don't mean it's a good thing. I'd like to see some flicks an what not because I could be wrong it might withstand a buff or even bleed threw some tremclad or rusto but I doubt it, if it does congrats yo good job.
    Ask people about calig ink man and you'll prob get that answer so before you knock me do your research man an honestly if you think you're making an unbuffable ink you're wrong but hey like you said to each their own now how about an end to this ebeef?

Back on the marker subject though I made a dope mop outta a old LAKOTA roll on bottle sh!ts phat as hell got a dope batch of ghetto krink I made it's a nice dark purp almost black. too once I get some nib material I'll get some flicks.

11. NOKi

NOKi Member

^^^^^^also on that link.

You're only going to be going over painted surfaces? all that showed me is how it works as a buff for paint :\

12. saveme

saveme Senior Member

all good man no beef here if none wit you each there own its def not un buffable jus nice cheep thero aways back when i started u couldent jus go on the internet n buy shit we would rack tips n make shit how ever we tryed cuz we couldnt find um for sale som times we would drive to ny city 8hr to a place called bomb the system it was the only graph place , whats ur receipes? id like to try um !!

13. NOKi

NOKi Member

All my recipes are from here an 12oz yo, the ink/paint I made is just akrylic purple paint real dark an I mixed it with a blue pen mix with a lil red I know paint an ink don't mix but the two together works good seeing as it's not oil based paint but water based just shake the sh!t an you're set I need to add a bit more iso though just to thin it out I topped it up with some more paint an it got a lil thick for anything but a kiwi. Well idk if it's to thick for other mops but I don't wanna risk it really it would prob work good in the ball pen I made though. It was a garnier fructis eye roller makeup thing just it has no flow regulator in it an just straight ink is way to thin an just leaks every where so it prob would work, I put some red in an like I said it looked like I killed somebody. I got a nice batch of somthing else going but it's my secret recipe if it works maybe I'll trade yah some I'll get flicks as soon as I get more iso an some felt an other nib material or a bingo dabber.

14. saveme

saveme Senior Member

thanx 4 the info ill hav 2 give it a try then post som pix!!

15. Bushido Graffiti

Bushido Graffiti Member

Has anyone used the Molotow alch markers? they look like the ironlack strickers but a lil cheaper ? I pretty much just use sharpies but wondering if anyone has spend the money on those?

16. ven0m

ven0m or Phat2

lol fuck getting replacement nibs, im just gonna get a new empty one with the mohair nib haha shit only costs like 50cents more than just the replacement nib

17. NOKi

NOKi Member

I don't even buy brand name mops or markers waste of money in my oppinion I could spend that sh!t on weed an boose. Go wrack yourself a kiwi and you're set yo or even some roll on deoderant an put a piece of sponge with a sock over it yo.

18. ven0m

ven0m or Phat2

too lazy my man. and it's only 4 fucking $. well worth a good squeeze friendly grog with a proper nib and everything... fuck going through the hassle of making one.
    you're talking to a lazy lazy LAZY man

19. graff437

graff437 Banned

this should help

never tryed a markwell marker any won know if they are good?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012
  20. ven0m

ven0m or Phat2

meeeh.. they're fine. not the best.. but they're alright