Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

New to graff

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by KZC95, Jul 25, 2015.

Share This Page

1. KZC95

KZC95 New Member

I'm just looking for any tips or advice on starting graffiti. Right now I'm trying to sketch as much as possible, but I can't help but want to pick up the spray paint. It's a amazing subculture and have much respect for all the bomb ass writers/artists. So any knowledge they can drop on me would be much appreciated

2. Cabbage.

Cabbage. Member

Welcome to it, man. I understand your enthusiasm to pick up a can of paint and go bomb your town, I was the same way. The reality is unless you've had prior experience with sketching, you might be disappointed with the results. Before I really got pieces, throws, and handstyles down I attempted to write on some boards in my garage. I'll save you the $~15 by saying:

1. It will suck
    2. You'll be discouraged
    3. And you'll be fucked out of $15 ;)

Stick to pencil/pen sketches. A tip I can give is to go from hands to throws to pieces. When you develop your handstyle, use only pen. You'll understand this later, but it's a signature -- an extension of you. Using pen will highlight your mistakes and show what you did right. Don't be afraid to bite a little when you're starting out. Learn others' letter structures and then from there develop your own. I hope I could help (and anyone else new). Hit me up if you need anything man. Peace