Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Official Sketch Battle V1.03 - VOTE!

Discussion in 'Old battles' started by imported_newz12, Oct 30, 2005.

Share This Page

?

Who is the winner?

1. Waser137

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Toobz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Tony

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. They Want Me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Senas

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Revision

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Pink Taco

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Morph

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Lumos

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Efeckts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geezpot

geezpot Elite Member

Here's my 2 cents....

People need to judge on letter structure and follow the guidelines of the rules when voting....
    Toobz has some unique letters but his sketch uses a lot of grey to capture the shading, this battle was strictly black and white.
    Efeckts has way toooooo many effecktz in his letters and whats with the lined paper. Tony's basic letters with all that piercing shit would've looked better-hell Tony's looks better now.
    Waser's is nice but the lines are wobbly in places and he used a light grey fill and shadow.
    Pink Taco was good last battle but without color I don't think he should've made the cut-although his handstyle is worthy.
    Morph used some grey shading on his unlined up 3D.
    Basically I see this a battle between Tony, Lumos, Senas, They Want Me and Revision
    I like Qnerves, Wrices, and Mistix's entries that didn't make the cut. :D I realise that everyone has there own taste and the ratio of entries that make the cut to being cut are going to be extremely lop sided and leave some sour people around here. There should be a better way to vote on who gets into the top 10.

Sidenote- Blank paper makes a difference in my eyes with the entire image, lined paper for sketching is ghetto especially if its your final entry. Rough sketch on lined paper then clean that shit up later on blank paper.

2. Wase_137

Wase_137 Member

Just my two cents...

If I knew this was going to be a battle on what looks "cool" I wouldn't have focused so much on letter structure and style. It's also amazing how the top two grew in votes so quickly some three fold in twenty minutes. I am new to this forum and just thought I would give this battle a try. The judging is all over the place and not staying within the guidelines, I probably shouldn't have shaded any part of this, but if your going to have a battle with guidelines, they should be followed. Heres an idea, maybe these 10 who have been chosen can rock another word or do something else and make sure that the rules are followed so we can have a fair battle, what do you think? I have to give it up to all the other nine who have their sketches here, they are nice...

Wase137
    Creatures Crew

3. easydoesit

easydoesit Member

go revision go :blink:

4. MoRpH

MoRpH Senior Member

Si quelqu'un peut traduire... l'anglais m'importune énormément.

Geez, comme pour bien d'autres, Je crois que votre histoire de gris est le porte étendard de votre jalousie. C'est cool mec. Relaxe, y fait beau y'a du soleil! On va pas en faire pour si peu. Faut savoir qu'entre le noir et le blanc. Il y a du gris. Qu'est-ce qui arrive lorsque tu étend du noir ou que tu y vas d'un trait moin gras. Et bien il se mélange avec la feuille qu'il y a en dessous. Et quelle couleur est cette feuille? Hhhhooooooo... c'est blanc. Vous avez besoin que je vous explique la suite. Pour ma part, cette sélection était à peu près des plus juste. Et si on parle juste de lettres, laissez-moi vous dire qu'il y en a qui se laisse emporter par beaucoup de fioritures. Mais dans le cas comme Ef, c'est correct, car en dessous de ses trucs, il y a de vrais lettres bien structurés. Pas le genre de distorsions monstrueuses. Je sais que c'est l'halloween mais faut pas abuser là. Fuckn damn shit!!!! Yo t'as du buzz???

5. Da 12oz Prophet

Da 12oz Prophet Member

[​IMG]

i think there was good reasoning on why yours wasnt in the top 10
    also this was a letter battle, based on letters not jazzy add ons [/b][/quote]
    fucking gay! Fuck this circle jerking toy site.. no wonder heads would rather use 12oz than this gay ass site not to mention biased. Fools can't recognize dope if it came in a 20 sack. "Jazzy add ons!" dude are you kidding me... take away my what your toy ass claims is jazzy add ons and see how my letters stand up.. the rules stated nothing about add ons.... its specifically said: Send in your dopest shit! I see alot of "jazzy add ons" in the toy ass top ten that you haters picked. Seriously I don't care that I win just a fair chance for my shit to get voted on. The rules stated nothing about a PRE selection. What a waste of my time.

6. Caus

Caus Member

7. -=J=-

-=J=- Elite Member

8. killah-EF

killah-EF Elite Member

dope sketches......everyone!!!

i like the Morph the most, the Revision is dope no doubt, feeelign the They Want Me, Senas i aprouve...Pink Taco...i dissaprouve, Tony, nice , slick, and simple, Lumos.....looks too much like if tis done by computer...i dunno...the Senas is coo....simple...gotta hook up ccredit for the extra tiome he took to fill it in black, the Toobs is hot,,,cant deny it,,,i do see a letter or two but cest vraiment pas evident,,,,,c'est plus un character que nimporte koi dautre...genr eun alien...en tout cas........mais big ups a toobz, and the Waser137, its alright, but the letters are not enuff agreessive....

haha...now i know Wastedfrog is waster12.....i cee i cee.....so if am right waster12 u got 3 different user accoutn with each 1000 posts is that rights? hahaha ridiculous......

big up a jaws,,,yer slik son sketch, le mils aussi yer slick, wrice isent bad at all, mistix too is hype.............wheres the Demsr at??

9. realm

realm New Member

can i make a late entry to the battle

10. tkS`

tkS` Elite Member

gotta give it to killa ef

11. shineONE

shineONE Elite Member

12. BATER

BATER Senior Member

Revision Morph and Lumos were the best overall letter styles. Morph had some tight lettering going on but he shaded gray and gray doesn't follow the rules but great sketch anyways. Toobz character...I mean sketch is alright but it looks too much like a sad dog that is melting and for efecktz his sketch is just lame his letters are basic they don't have any creativity and trust me those add-ons aren't creative they just make the sketch dirty.

*If Efecktz wins just give him a couple of packs of white paper instead o the prizes.

*STIK TO THE RULES*

13. ando_preparado

ando_preparado Member

from the sketches posted i thought the revise was the hottest. the toobz was good for what it was, but i dont really have a taste for it. the lumos was good too. i thought the wrice and the eoner from the cut sketches were also hot and should have made the final cut

14. imported_newz12

imported_newz12 Moderator

Just to clarify this point, in black in white I was meaning no other color than these two. But you can use any shades of these two colors, so grey is cool in this battle. I will try to make myself clearer next time.

As for people complaining about their sketch not being selected for the final cut, you make me laugh. It's a battle just for fun, so don't be too serious about it. I always keep the prizes low in value so people won't compete for other things than fun and a bit of exposure. If you are looking for something else here, you can look away.

If your sketch wasn't selected in the final 10, take it as challenge for the next battle. And never over-estimate your sketch... look at it in 4 or 5 years and give me some news then.

15. $NAKE$

$NAKE$ Elite Member

Efeckts!!!! shits NUTS!

16. ARESOLIC

ARESOLIC Senior Member

some iof those that were summited were much better than tonys

17. Kestaw!

Kestaw! Senior Member

loll ta gueule realmz ..... hahaha ur late cuz ta passer ton temps a boire lolll jkjk peace negro

18. Kestaw!

Kestaw! Senior Member

toobz sketch i can only see the S T K. the I i cant see but itz still a fuck top sketch.
    Eff too datz some dope shit. keep it up

19. moahe

moahe Senior Member

toobz cant win, thats all i got say, his letter design is mad mediocre,it look smoother then the rest but that aint what this is about, its letter designs, comeon

20. fuzz O

fuzz O Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.