Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Philisophical Concepts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tonedope, Apr 8, 2006.

Share This Page

1. GraffitiZoo

GraffitiZoo Banned

im not refering to anyone. that was vauge. what dont you understand and need explined to you?

...sorry for the multi-post

2. Noddles912300

Noddles912300 Senior Member

Could you clarify what you define as "Ego" and the "Absolute". And when I said Freud, I was refering to his ideas of the Id, Ego and Super-Ego.
    I'm not quite following what you guys are arguing about.

And also why are multi-posts looked down upon so much?

3. GraffitiZoo

GraffitiZoo Banned

I have never studied freud. im sure my ideas are nothing like his.

ego to me is who you are. one person not relating to anyone else. what you like what you seek unrelated to anyone else. your soul you might say.

and absolute is an ego completely intact. a person who is only what they are not what anyone else wants them to be or has forced them to be. who likes what they like because they like it not because they want someone else to think they are cool or for whatever reason they abandoned themselves for acceptance in others. a person who is completely their own this. type of person if very rare. if they even exist.

keep in mind this is my definition as it relates to this subject. eskimos definition is not mine.

4. Noddles912300

So if two people enjoy the same band, neither are absolute?
    I doubt anyone abandons ones self for acceptance. People that listen to "bad music" still think it's good.
    Don't take this post too seriously though, had long day and very tired.

5. GraffitiZoo

GraffitiZoo Banned

no not at all. I never said you cant like the same thing as another person. but if you abandon what you like to please another person or to fit in thats taking away from what is you.

it happens all the time. its a constant joke in movies in tv shows. the jock who wants to dance but dosent because its not cool. the nerd who pretends to be a prep girl to be cool. the suburban kid who wears his hat backwards and his pants to low...who dreamed about being a biologist but turns into a highschool dropout. the ugly kid who does his hair in a mowhawk and dresses in all black so you wont see him as the ugly kid you see him as the goth.

the people who laugh as shows they dont think are funny. the people who listen to bands they dont like. the people who read teen magazines to try and fit exactly what they are suppose to be and not what they are. the person who listens to heavy metal even though it gives them a headache but when they heard mozart they get that tingle you feel in your spine when your suol excepts something. but if your headbanger buddies knew that who knows what they would think.

it sounds silly and it seems innocent. I mean everyone wants to fit in right. but if its not you and what you like, what you really like, it takes away from you.

keep in mind im not proof reading any of this im just typing and im not the best typer so forgive me for any mistakes. but now I am going to sleep I will check back for questions tomorrow and/or arguments.

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  6. Thrice

Thrice Elite Member

freud as in sigmund freud, that fucking cock sucking hippie? Total baby rapist.

7. Noddles912300

Oh, gotchya, thanks for the explanation.
    And yes Thrice I was talking about that cock sucking hippie.

8. ..romero..

..romero.. Elite Member

9. sketch_three

sketch_three Banned

be a first rate version of yoself
    not a second rate version of me,

ur slob ass nukkas stopjocking me yo word life yo

10. GraffitiZoo

GraffitiZoo Banned

11. Woven

Woven Senior Member

how do you know im not the antichrist.....

12. GraffitiZoo

GraffitiZoo Banned

13. PeeInTheShower

PeeInTheShower Elite Member

shut the fuck up we all know the pope is the real antichrist.

14. GraffitiZoo

GraffitiZoo Banned

15. PeeInTheShower

PeeInTheShower Elite Member

feenkum fahkum?

so tell me, what do you think keeps the average human being from putting a magnum to their head and pulling the trigger. because i've lost count of how many people i've talked to that have claimed to want to die, yet they're still going.

16. nameless/cao

nameless/cao Member

seems like an appropriate *sp* thread to put this in

a vid about life and how the government controls everything you do and some theories to attempt to join science and the bible together... some more concepts and theories about other shit too... do not watch this if you are illiterate, stupid, or unwilling to actually LEARN somthing.... check it out its dope

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6736722752013377089&hl=en

17. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Senior Member

18. LIQUIDFOOT

LIQUIDFOOT Senior Member

yo props on that man kymatica is the truth some solid knowledge there man

19. GraffitiZoo

GraffitiZoo Banned

I will watch it later im tired.

20. noseteeth

noseteeth Senior Member

yo, funny but I was thinking about that recently.. I've had two friends that have taken their lives. Thomas Washburn, and Pedro Deona..R.I.P. One from an intentional gunshot to the head, and the other from an intentional herion overdose.. I've even thought of it at times, and I'm still here..

Simplest answer though, and I'm an average human being, it's DRUGS,t.v.,pop radio an shit, racking to pay bills, falling in love with the wrong girl, anything that is designed to block our creativity and inner light; whatever addiction joe blow does that helps deal w/ our fucked up society, or the usual permanent painful situations that life brings. That's what I think is helping society deal with the pains of modern life and most of us not offing ourselves.

used to be a suicide thread/was mad sad tho and hilarious at times..I think people got a lil too evil there though. ha, ha.
    fuck it, smile..lets here it for problems!
    and if you need help, get over your ego and ask for some.
    peace.