Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Philisophical Concepts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tonedope, Apr 8, 2006.

Share This Page

1. it-cant-rain-all-the-timelalala

it-cant-rain-all-the-timelalala Elite Member

2. Feliks

Feliks Elite Member

what dialects....

3. it-cant-rain-all-the-timelalala

it-cant-rain-all-the-timelalala Elite Member

the evolution,
    are you only here to convince people

4. The 5th one

The 5th one Elite Member

there are two words for the world today...discrimination and greed. that is the root of all problems today!

also, you fill a jar with rocks up to the top. you ask...is it full?,,,,,,,everyone agrees it is.

however you then add smaller stones into the jar and of course they fit right into the gaps........so now again you ask.....is it full now?
    and everyone laughs and says yes.

but again, you add something else....sand! this fills up in the even smaller gaps. and now you can say the jar is full!

if you put the sand in first, the big rocks and the smaller stones will not fit in.

the big rocks are the special people in life, put them in first, and then the smaller stones which will be things such as your house and car, and necessities, then add the sand which is all those selfish things we want as humans.

put the rocks first and everything else will fit into place. ;)

5. FuLa

FuLa Elite Member

so how do you think we have built our civlilizatin today...putting in the big rocks first or putting the sand in first?

6. Feliks

Feliks Elite Member

You know what, if you want to get technical: How big is the jar? Can we empty it and refill it so we can correct our mistakes? 5th, your jar story was good. YOu see our world as a microcosm of that jar. Are we filling it with rocks, sand, or pebbles first? We won't know will we? Becuase I think that when you reach the top of the jar it's the earth's conclusion. I don't know if I'm makign sense....

UNless you were talking about filling the holes....in which case disregard the above.

7. The 5th one

The 5th one Elite Member

size of the jar does not matter, you still wont fit it all in if you add sand fisrt.

emptying it and refilling depends on other people- the rocks, whether they have your trust and forgive whatever mistakes you have made.

its all about priorities and being unselfish.

8. FuLa

FuLa Elite Member

But...we can also fill in the jar however we want and when we reach the top...shake the jar and let everything settle down and arrive to the same....there will be extra space but we can fill this section in correctly next time..

I think thats what we're doing...we're close to achieving "perfection" (materialistic-wise-externally) I mean..if your knee hurts you can run to the store and get it fixed..cancer, aids..etc... we're not necessarily THERE yet but we'er almost on the point of saying "damn, we have everything we need...why aren't we happy?" and then focus on this "internal growth" that we missed out on and making it fit in with the "materialisitc" sence of what I"m saying(shaking the jar)...

9. The 5th one

The 5th one Elite Member

you can also add water, if you think about it, but not too much,but i'll let you figure out what aspect of life that is.

'shaking it' does not help. thats like making excuses for making wrong decisions in putting materialistic things first before important, special people in your life.

10. FuLa

FuLa Elite Member

yeah...but lets look at things realistically...we are not a perfect civilization...just comparing the US to Africa could tell you that we do not think of our neighbors and we're materialistic, egocentric, etc....what yu're saying is asuming were some "perfect, beutiful" race...but the results are pretty clear and we're definitely not... but I think we've done pretty good compared to how we could be

11. force

force Senior Member

The future holds nothing but memories...

from one of them art crime things....

12. The 5th one

The 5th one Elite Member

well i wasnt implying we are a beautiful race when i first said the worlds problems are summarised in 2 words- greed and discrimination.

i dont think we've done well.....andwe're just getting worse unfortantely, but its true.

13. Mute1

Mute1 Elite Member

Unfortunatly, clever little proverbs like that don't often translate into real life.

It's meaningless.

14. FuLa

FuLa Elite Member

(replying to the post before Mute1) why?? imagine being in the times of the roman empire

Nero "fiddled while rome burned" he burned rome "just because"
    not to mention how many people he murdured, etc...

today we have 100% of the things that people in those days could have ever wanted and we have ADVANCED tremendously...

are we happy?...well I'm guessing you can represent one of the people that is not happy...so NO, we're not happy

happiness or "being" is something that DOES NOT depend on the outside world and that's the problem nowadays that EVERYBODY lives depending on the outside world. and doesn't look "inside" for the answers.

15. The 5th one

The 5th one Elite Member

not me. i dont dpened on the world much. bu we cant help it sometimes. but think in 200 years time someone else will say, 'look how much we've advanced and we're still not happy'.

we can never make this world perfect, all we can do is try and live the happiest we can by putting people we love first instead of the materailistic advances of our selfish world.

also, ,my answers lie in my faith in god- but thats a different story.

16. E-Terror

E-Terror Elite Member

i live for myself, end of story.

17. The 5th one

The 5th one Elite Member

which= the destruction of the world and one of the words i was saying to start with 'greed' .

18. FuLa

FuLa Elite Member

I do not "believe" in the God from the bible...but my "conclusions" most of the time are VERY similar to what the bible says literally...which is basically "do not rely on the outside world for inner peace" I think that to understand the bible one must understand WHERE the capital sins come from, the commandments, etc....and I think its pretty clear.

19. SiMpUhL

SiMpUhL Elite Member

scientologists are dumbasses, and thinking too much about stupid stuff can make u go crazy....

^^true sotry

20. E-Terror

E-Terror Elite Member

how?

i think if everyone lived their life by their oen code of ethichs (within reason and within legal parameters, so not like, rapeing people cause they think its right) things would be run smoother cause people would be alot more calm and laidback, kinda like the early years of this country before shit got all corrupt