Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Philosophy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LongQuan, Nov 16, 2004.

Share This Page

1. /*BlItZ*\

/*BlItZ*\ Senior Member

wow, i was looking at the moon last night and i was wondering about writing on it too :lol: ...but america basically own the moon and yeah you would...and antartica, not too many people know and care but the major powers of the world split it like a pie, america has a peice, russia has a piece and some others...and its full of military bases

2. PANIC!FUP_MORE...

PANIC!FUP_MORE... Elite Member

someone tried to claim the moon for himself...i dont know if he failed or succeeded but w.e

my little word thingy is "pray to waste your time"
    instead of the damn christian's "pray to get rid of asbortion" or whatever...

3. /*BlItZ*\

/*BlItZ*\ Senior Member

"a stopped watch is right twice a day" i forgot but it sounds cool

4. LongQuan

LongQuan Senior Member

"if you you can't find the truth where you are where else do you expect to find it?"

5. LongQuan

LongQuan Senior Member

Another of my favourites is:

"So many are consumed with doing and forget the process of being"

6. CaSoNe

CaSoNe Elite Member

did u know that people in china are in the future? hahaha

7. oblong

oblong Elite Member

i dont have the time to think of wierd shit like that
    come to think of it tho
    it is somewhat cool
    "tekkies!"

8. oblong

oblong Elite Member

9. ares

ares Elite Member

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid.

10. oblong

oblong Elite Member

thats straight chem!

11. ACE512

ACE512 Elite Member

I would tell you my theory/philosiphy on life and the universe and how things work including religion but i dont have the time and the risk of you head exploding is too high... im sorry.

12. Skore_One

Skore_One Elite Member

my grandpa was a buddha it sucks because he had this knive he used when he was a gurka (cant spell it) but when he moved from england he just left the house and everything in it and never looked back he was the leader of the gurka's for about 6-7 years ill explain what a gurka is if anyone wants to know

13. LongQuan

LongQuan Senior Member

Are they not British infantry soldiers recruited from the mountain villages of nepal?
    You should be very proud of your grandad! I've met sherpas/ghurkas and they are really super nice hardcore atheletes (living in the mountains and that...)

14. Skore_One

Skore_One Elite Member

i think im a buddhist and dont even know it well with some exceptions but i basically think like one

15. LongQuan

LongQuan Senior Member

the buddha lies dormant in all of us - until we decide to wake him/ourselves.

16. snag

snag Senior Member

"He who laughs last, laughs last, laughs last."

17. cyd

cyd Member

"A thing worth having is a thing worth cheating for."

and

"Art is making something out of nothing and selling it."

and

"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity."

18. CaSoNe

CaSoNe Elite Member

is it possible to know how to not know? because if u know how to not know then how can u know since u dont know how to know? u know?

19. Himer

Himer Member

Is it just me, or did that sound really ignorant, whether he was jokeing or not.

20. Alchohlics_Anonymous

Alchohlics_Anonymous Elite Member

the moon is not split up, there was a news special on tv that watched on this and they said that an agreement was set that no country could claim the moon, so this guy accualy went and purchased it from some organization that didnt technically own the moon (he bought the rights to it) and now he sells it for $20 an acre, im thinking of buying an acre or two, even if its a scam, oh well its only 20 bucks. but movie stars and such have already bought land and stuff, search online for "Moon Realty" or something or "who owns the moon" thats how i found the site,
    also i once heard that there are portals all around us that are super small so we cant see them and they are continually opening but for less than a second, and that they lead to other dimensions and such, so i searched online and found an experiment that they "say" proves this theory...you take 2 peices of paper (1 white and 1 black) and cut 4 holes in the white one and then put the black one in the back of it then shine a light onto the 2 peices of paper and it should make 8 shadows, they say its because it enters "another dimension" and the light interfers with it and stuff, not sure if i really beleive it but thought i should add it to here to see if anyone knew/heard about it at all.