Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Philosophy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LongQuan, Nov 16, 2004.

Share This Page

1. mad

mad Elite Member

im a protestant going to a catholic school i dont no much about god not event he our father prayer yet and ive been there for 2 years imma take pholosiphie next year

take time to think about this

Q: Why?
    A: ...why not?

2. xylene hug

xylene hug Elite Member

im with kay, lol!!!
    you think they let azn's in the klan??
    hope so!! :lol:

3. xylene hug

xylene hug Elite Member

... on second thought....

**xylene hug throws up the yellow fist!!
    :lol:

4. yuki

yuki Elite Member

If you can buy stars for dedications on the internet, then it makes sense that someone could claim the moon.

Thanks for the info. on Buddhism LongQuan. I often find myself identifying with eastern thought far more than western religious orgnization's. I would probably want to look into it for myself, but I don't think there is a temple anywhere near here, which leaves me to learn on my own. Anyhow, I'd like to think that some sort of spirituality is good.

5. ASEN

ASEN Banned

My philosophy is basically, how the fuck can anyone prove shit exists? And how the fuck can someone prove it doesn't? I respect any form of religion, because they are the fundamental beliefs on which a person builds his life.

''Pick up your shit, cuz that shit gon stank.''

6. toazt

toazt Senior Member

7. toazt

toazt Senior Member

the whole physics/philosophy thing is interesting. I guess Einstein and other people who've devloped theories of physics are philosophers in there own right (Einstein definitely was a philosopher, I guess we all are though).

I wonder what'd be like to be in a dimension as it was 'annhilated into nothingness', do you suppose such an event would instant, would we know? would it be painful?

I dont think the possibility of this happening nullifies the existance of a God, I mean it wasn't really allowed to happen people intervened and said hell no!

Is it just me, or did that sound really ignorant, whether he was jokeing or not.
    [/quote]

that's some dave chappelle shit... chappelle must be pissed, he probably can't walk down the street without someone hollaring "WHAAAAT? OKAYYY!," even he knows that shit is played...

8. sika_2002

sika_2002 Elite Member

philosophy can only exist on a basis of proof and evidence. if scientists and theorists dont have those they leave it to religion. philosophy changes constantly. if something is wrong then perhaps a whole theory of life needs changing.

9. Alchohlics_Anonymous

Alchohlics_Anonymous Elite Member

^philosophy can be anything you beleive in or think of that is outside the box or isnt widely known to be true, or just something you thought up or beleive in that may or may not be weird...hard to explain but yah...

10. /*BlItZ*\

/*BlItZ*\ Senior Member

no its not that, its just such a catastrophe that god wouldnt let this happen and if it did then shit you know?

but it wasnt einstien that stated the therory of other dimensions it was some other german who said there is 4 deminsions, matter(us), anti matter, and i forgot the others, and its not 4d or anything like that, he also stated if you travel far enough youll end up right back where you started

i wonder what the anti-matter deminsion would be like...would i be a fat black girl :lol:

oh and i really like this thread ;)

11. LongQuan

LongQuan Senior Member

^Thanks...

In keeping with the physics theme:

A theory exisists that unifies both quantum physics (very small laws) and large scale (large laws) physics and is hence a theory of everything... The problem is it is only a mathamatical equation at the moment because it deals with the make up of quarks (the particles that make up protons and neutrons which, in turn, make up the atoms of which everything is built.

Here's the crazy part for the equation to balance there must be 10 different dimensions coexisting at the same time!!!

I think the book it was all from is called "the elegent universe".

I'm glad that opinions are being drawn together throughout this forum community - keep them coming!!

Does anyone have any philosophy regarding writing?

For instance: the beliefs in the potential unknown power of symbols and the unspoken messages they bring to those that perceive them... could a symbol represent something that connects heaven/earth 4thdimesion/5thdimesion etc?

Peace

12. revoke2

revoke2 Senior Member

heres something that ive always wondered

does time have a begining? if so what was before that?
    and if it doesnt have a begining how it that possible?

13. Skore_One

Skore_One Elite Member

Are they not British infantry soldiers recruited from the mountain villages of nepal?
    You should be very proud of your grandad! I've met sherpas/ghurkas and they are really super nice hardcore atheletes (living in the mountains and that...) [/b][/quote]
    yes yes they are and he was the leader he was a british soldier but he was signed to them and became one of them he was one of the only oes they didnt kill because the others treated them like shit

14. ANTIC

ANTIC Elite Member

this isnt philosiphy but its pretty cool....if u look at a land o' lakes butter box, there is a pic of a girl holding a land o' lakes butter box, and on the box shes holding, there is a pic of her holding the box, and so on and so on...so technically there is an infinate number of girls holding boxes on the box

i just realized that today :D

15. seckzoner

seckzoner Elite Member

i was thinking about that after you said that. and i also realized. there are answers for such far out questions like that, you know? and like.. the answer is THERE, its just. not THERE you know? like, there is an answer, a DEFINITE answer. its just. we will literally never know it. but there is an answer to those types of questions.
    its like. a person dying a mysterious death, and literally everyone has no clue what happened to the person, and how he/she came to die. does that mean that the person just DIED out of no where? no it doesnt. the person still died, there is an answer. and only ONE answer. but no one will even know what it was.

ahh. i dont know if im making sense. someone say something.

16. yuki

yuki Elite Member

I had no idea that there were so many science buffs on this forum.

17. seckzoner

seckzoner Elite Member

haha, i dont think there are science buffs, i think its just that alot of people here like to think.. really. really... deeply.

18. CaSoNe

CaSoNe Elite Member

nah i dont think that equal population shit is always true...isnt the population of earth growing? if it waz always the same countries liek china and shit wuldnt have laws that u can only have a certain amount of children

19. toazt

toazt Senior Member

yeah the birth rate is definitely higher than the death rate. I think the world population increased by 1 billion (from 5 to 6) in a relatively short ammount of time.

20. ASEN

ASEN Banned

That, or a lot of people on here smoke weed.