Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photo Battle

Discussion in 'Old battles' started by Fube, Jun 19, 2008.

Share This Page

?

eh?!

1. BboyDr.AquaFresh

23 vote(s)
    17.2%
  2. m.ziggy

3 vote(s)
    2.2%
  3. Bets

8 vote(s)
    6.0%
  4. MoNkEy

80 vote(s)
    59.7%
  5. null

20 vote(s)
    14.9%
  1. ACE512

ACE512 Elite Member

instead of having half the face be exposed to the cam where he had to pixelate the face he should have been looking towards the city with his back to the cam. it took away all the greatness with pixels just bam right there out of place...

null~

2. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

well a portrait is an interpretation of the person who is of the subject of the photo, painting or what ever media you have used....its a self portrait and i dont like to include my face, and it adds to the so what 'unknown identity' of the portrait....half the reason i like the so called UE, 'urban exploring', is for getting into places and avoiding the security etc, and taking my photo's and then leaving unknown to everyone there, as if i was never there....so it adds to the some what ghost type persona of the person :) That prob wont make much sense cos im shit at english haha

3. -ShAmEE-

-ShAmEE- Elite Member

i like monkeys cuz of the luminous back ground.

4. ACE512

ACE512 Elite Member

word ... great city either way

5. m.ziggy

m.ziggy Senior Member

haha jealousy huh? your photo sucks. i have never seen a quality photo of yours. i dont understand how someone can vote for that shit. im not crying i just said i dont like yours, learn how to take it. yea it looks different when its in focus, it actually looks like what its suppose to, not just some blurry image. i think im going to start entering photos like that, seeing thats what people like......shit.

6. ESKiMO2

ESKiMO2 Elite Member

Okay let's all shut the fuck up and let the votes do the talking

7. BboyDr.AquaFresh

BboyDr.AquaFresh Senior Member

ahahahha buddddd like what buddy eskimo said let the votes do the talkin... only one person voted for you and i bet it was you.
    Bboy Dr Aqua Fresh Never Half Steppin.

8. bilal_tariq

bilal_tariq Elite Member

yet you live in england,
    nice photograph homie,
    got my vote :)
    by the way,
    how long you been snapping for?

9. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

dunno got my Dslr for christmas....well....i had to pay nearly all the money haha! But ive had my dads old Pentax MX 35mm Camera for maybe a year....

Also i might not be looking at the city or the camera....but to the left of the photo is the millennium dome....so i still had a view ace512 :p

10. bilal_tariq

bilal_tariq Elite Member

what DSLR have you got?
    and have you checked the updates in the Photography thread?

11. m.ziggy

m.ziggy Senior Member

i voted for monkey, thanks though

12. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

nah i havent....a nikond40x i will go in there a bit later so we can all have a discussion LOL :p Thanks aswell^ :p

13. funkapotamus

funkapotamus Senior Member

dr funky freshhhh btw.

14. Shiva.

Shiva. Senior Member

fube, where is mine??

15. ares

ares Elite Member

Not that I'm encouraging people to talk shit about each other and the way the votes go down, but you gotta remember this is a graffiti forum not a photography forum. Not all writers are photographers, so don't loose sleep when the votes don't go your way. Besides, this shit should be fun..

I dont like that people submit old photos that have already been posted. That takes away from it, but thats just me.

I also don't understand how anyone has the paitence to take night shots on the D40, the processing time for long exposures is brutal..

Whats the next theme?

16. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

meh it aint to bad on a d40x....i not bothered about the camera i have...if it can take photos and let me do what i want to do its all ok....im used to using film, so most digital SLR's are a lot nicer to use, and give me much better photos....but yes with noise reduction its is a bastard on 30 sec+ photos.....i try and use 100 iso as much as possible, so i dont have to use noise reduction....

next theme is reflections i think or something like that....

17. bilal_tariq

bilal_tariq Elite Member

Use RAW. I hope you are.

Monkey - your picture isn't supposed to be that bright, just telling ya, you down with exposure and HDR? Try that, it'll revolutionize your shit wayyyoooo.

18. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

yer i use raw...its to hard to do HDR....especially when im shooting a photo with myself in it....i cant do 4-5 exposures with me in exactly the same place....only because i have to keep running to my camera to change stuff :p

19. bilal_tariq

bilal_tariq Elite Member

I gots a trick for that ;).

20. ares

ares Elite Member

As long as you shoot raw, you don't need to bracket your shots to go hdr. You can just process the single raw file multiple times, then merge to hdr. That way you don't have to worry about any ghosting. Although depending on what software your doing the hdr with, you'll have to convert them to tiffs, or another file type.