Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photography

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Fube, Dec 20, 2007.

Share This Page

1. VAsucks

VAsucks Senior Member

yo i just posted the battle sorry for the delay, it took me awhile to get my shit togethor.

my new cities ridiculous. gritty as fuck. mad chill homeless peoples, lotsa scary dudesaswell. I need to step up my street photog. game to keep up.

in like a week or two when i get all this film developed im gonna dump on this thread

2. CuCCui

CuCCui Senior Member

you make a good point. however I did have a budget in mind and I am well below it right now and all I wanted are three cameras a point and shoot which i have,a 35mm.slr which i have, and now I am after a dslr. just so I can have a reference point from which to base an opinion on...

so far I like the instant grat. of the p&s ,as well as the features of the SLR so the next and obvious progression would be to pursue a DSLR but to stay within my budget.so that I can afford to get accessories as the need arises.

trust me I am doing research, I have set a budget and I am looking to people I trust for guidance and opinions...I truly thank you for your input and anyone elses for that matter...

so far I have only spent 63 bucks that includes the N50, battery and charger,film and manual. I set aside a budget of $500 so you can see I am well below that mark. I am still learning and have a long way to go before I can even think seriously about getting a $26k camera but one can dream

3. Tech0ps

Tech0ps Senior Member

You also need to think seriously about what those $26,000 MF cameras are used for too. I'm sure most people on here and other photo forums will never use one.

Invest some time in looking at a Nikon or Canon. If you've got the N50 you'll probably want to go for a Nikon DSLR, because you'll be able to switch lenses across both cameras. (Unless you're using DX format lenses on the N50, that won't work.. But all lenses for the N50 will work with a Nikon DSLR)

Find a second hand D80 body or something. What really matters is the glass you buy for it.

4. streetstruck

streetstruck Member

cleaned out my moms attic...

looked them up and they seem to both be crappy... but free is free.

ai33.tinypic.com_156r66t.jpg

ai37.tinypic.com_2m2ykab.jpg

ai36.tinypic.com_5z1gz8.jpg

5. zio

zio Senior Member

what lens is that on the pentax?
    focal range and f stop/aperture?

6. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

Nothing wrong with either of them... hardly crappy.

7. J.Channa

J.Channa Senior Member

8. CuCCui

CuCCui Senior Member

man that is helpful because the whole reason i was looking towards another make all together was because i was told that nikon slr lenses and dslr lenses wouldn't interchange..now that I read what you wrote I researched that and found that what you wrote was correct and what i was told was incorrect... and those $26k cameras are used for poppin' collars after you made your mark and get paid and want the world to know that they are gonna pay you to get photographed by you... mostly high end advertising for catalogues and big time magazine stuff...if you were gonna put it into a car analogy the $10k nikon would be the Corvette zo6 and the $30k Leica would be The SLS AMG both cars both do just about the same thing but people who are in the know will definately know the difference... but then that opens a whole new set of variables... but like I said I'm no where near ready for an expensive camera.I can easily afford one but there are other things that obviously take precedence over something like that...until I can make money with a camera I ant gonna buy nothing expensive...plus I'm going to take a few classes first to learn even more than i can figure out by myself.

thanx again you have been most helpful

9. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

That pentax k1000 is a keeper, I had one as my first ever camera, and it's a tank.

Not quite as nice as the old spotmatics, but it's a bad motherfucker. Don't worry about the meter, it's probably off. Just sunny 16 that shit and it'll serve you well.

Also the film rebel is nice too, just not as cool as the pentax

10. Backalley Abortion Doctor

Backalley Abortion Doctor Elite Member

I approved the battle. God my flick is shit

11. CuCCui

CuCCui Senior Member

just between you(B.A.D) lakim shabaz and me?what happened to every one else?...I guess that means we all place.yay!!!! anyways yours is far from shit I actually like it =]

12. theorist

theorist Senior Member

a K1000 is one of the best film cameras to start out with

13. ||BREAD||

||BREAD|| Elite Member

Give me that Pentax!!!! How much you want?

14. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

15. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

Double post

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  16. ||BREAD||

||BREAD|| Elite Member

I didn't see the last two on your fb, those are pretty cool; Like the one one the left better.

17. funhouseXcast

funhouseXcast Elite Member

that battle topic sucked cock. we need another good one.

afarm5.static.flickr.com_4080_4926528287_230fd6cb51_b.jpg

18. Ben Dover...

Ben Dover... Member

19. VAsucks

VAsucks Senior Member

i was hoping more people possessed the creativity to rise to the challenge. i mean i didnt but i thought more people would

20. streetstruck

streetstruck Member

nah son, i'm keeping the pentax, would most likely easily part with the canon... the pentax goes for only like 60$ on ebay.