Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photography

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Fube, Dec 20, 2007.

Share This Page

1. J.Channa

J.Channa Senior Member

AK, the pic of the asian chick on the cyclorama wall is awesome.

2. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

that's an excellent shot, funhouse

3. W_G_O_N_E

W_G_O_N_E Elite Member

4. CuCCui

CuCCui Senior Member

Dude that was an awesome battle theme rather vague but Awesome nonetheless everywhere you look there is communication of some sort.even grass growing on your lawn is communicating..what you wear communicates.even the lack of style communicates...I took about 50 different photo's attempting to communicate communication and settled on the one I posted because it communicated the most.... by the way that picture you just posted is kinda cool..even it communicates a bit of something...hell even a photograph is a communication=]B

5. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

Yeah I didn't have time to enter... it would have been fun.

Got a biiiiiig fashion shoot today. Nervous as fuck. It's all being filmed so I'll post some photos and some behind the scenes stuff when I'm cleared to do so by the client!

6. J.Channa

J.Channa Senior Member

7. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

8. J.Channa

J.Channa Senior Member

I got an italian and a cuban that usually assist me... they act like nig gers though

9. Scavenger

Scavenger Member

10. ImageVerification

ImageVerification Senior Member

11. CuCCui

CuCCui Senior Member

also to drive my point a bit further this is the level at which I aspire to achieve..check them out these photographers are on top of it. we here, no matter who you are, are just tiddly winks on a dingle hopper.
    http://www.ateliermanagement.com/?c=photographers
    this is possible for all of us if that is what you want...what do you want to gain from photography?

12. S4d3n

S4d3n Senior Member

Success is just as much photography skill as it is who you know, keep that in mind.

13. CuCCui

CuCCui Senior Member

a lot of times it is who you know that also keeps you from succeeding.learning who to know and how to get their attention that is the tricky part,but once you figure out the when , where and how. it is only a matter of time before your integrity warrants success or not.

14. Werse

Werse Elite Member

Cut the philosophy and post photographs.
    ai37.tinypic.com_2vb7vip.png

15. Tech0ps

Tech0ps Senior Member

I think you're a bit jaded with the whole idea of a camera being used as a trophy or comparing it to a car CuCCui...

Your camera is your tool for creating images, it doesn't matter what you're shooting with. People won't like you more if you're holding a camera that set you back $15k. Infact most clients don't know much about the cameras anyway, they're interested in what you're producing.

Watch this. http://fstoppers.com/iphone/

You don't throw $15k on a camera to use it as a status symbol, it's about practicality and how you're going to use it. Medium/large format cameras are mostly used for things like architecture and landscape photography where you need the extended dynamic range and megapixels because you're blowing up huge prints. Also a lot of people use Mamiyas, etc.. for fashion photography too.

What do I want to gain? I have a love for it and always have. I would like it to become my livelihood but for the sole reason that I love doing it. I'm not in it to show off my money or gear. When I'm shooting I never want to be waving expensive gear around.

Here's an old photo for the chatter...

[Broken External Image]:http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/6333/dsc1180g.jpg
    ISO640 f/2.0 1/25sec. 35mm Lens.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  16. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

thiiiiis

17. Backalley Abortion Doctor

Backalley Abortion Doctor Elite Member

Stupid question
    I bought a new strap for my camera.
    How the fuck do I put it on?

18. Backalley Abortion Doctor

Nevermind, wife did it for me. God love women.

19. lakim shabazz

lakim shabazz Moderator

HAHAHah yooo when i bought my dslr i count put the strap on either
    homegirl put on for me hahah

20. Backalley Abortion Doctor

Man I don't know 'bout all that crafty shit. She's like "Well clearly you pinch the loops and slide them under the rungs here, and then loop it back around the body of the camera. Duh"

WHAT?!