Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photography

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Fube, Dec 20, 2007.

Share This Page

1. funhouseXcast

funhouseXcast Elite Member

2. CuCCui

CuCCui Senior Member

thanx for letting me know that...her's a couple of flicks from last nightwas trying the long shutter out...maybe not up to par ,only had the camera with 55-200 lens .first time shooting at night with any success,let me know what you think...

[Broken External Image]:http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/9721/dsc0117n.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[Broken External Image]:http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/6278/dsc0176ea.jpg

[Broken External Image]:http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3990/dsc0188sl.jpg

3. zio

zio Senior Member

you should always use a shorter lens.. less visible shake.
    also that lens isnt even fast enough(f/4-6?) for night time unless you have a tripod or is resting on something.

2nd pic is nice and sharp though.
    like the colors

4. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

Man, you've had bad luck. Are you buying your stuff with full warranty from shops? Send that shit back.

Unless you just fired it at full power... and they do make popping sounds as the strobes fire on full power, it's just a miniature explosion.

5. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

Putting it on iTTL and on your camera it will work flawlessly every time. If you put it on manual and press the plus and minus buttons you can control the power if it is off camera. Otherwise just let it do it's thang on iTTL auto if its on the camera. There'll be loads of free sb-600 manuals on the net.

6. CuCCui

CuCCui Senior Member

Thanx Zio I became aware that my lens was too big ,but we were out of the house for the night and i had it with me,but nothing else...anyways thanx for the tips...I posted the top one because even though it was clearly out of focus I kinda liked the design the light trail made..Ive never done that before.the bottom one was experimenting with the light movement of cars,just to see how i could improve on this...the middle one is where we ate was a decent looking building that had pretty lights.thanks for the comment.

7. Backalley Abortion Doctor

Backalley Abortion Doctor Elite Member

That's how I had my SB set up, AK.
    Yeah I definitely had some shit luck. Funniest part is, my flash triggers got here today, and now I can't use them. Amazons sending me a new one now.

8. S4d3n

S4d3n Senior Member

9. ||BREAD||

||BREAD|| Elite Member

This is it.

Also sorry to hear about your flash B.A.D. That really sucks. Hopefully they get you a new one.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  10. AnonymousWaaa

AnonymousWaaa Senior Member

Starting college tomorrow :D studying photography, for once im excited about education

11. VAsucks

VAsucks Senior Member

all the photo classes were full for me. :(
    theres always next semester i guess.
    art school ftw!!

funhouse im honestly not really feeling that picture. i think theres too much black in it.

12. One Evil

One Evil Elite Member

yeah i start tomorrow as well.. and im pretty excited about this for once too hah.... going for
    Art of Photography, Introduction for the first term.. and if i like im doing these 2 maybe 3 2nd term
    Photography - Advanced
    Photography - Practical Field Experience

13. t.done

t.done Senior Member

14. funhouseXcast

that cat is sooooo stoned.

15. AnonymousWaaa

AnonymousWaaa Senior Member

Read my mind, also i like the 2nd one of the estate

16. funhouseXcast

afarm5.static.flickr.com_4153_4984258327_b595093e3e_b.jpg

i hate landscapes but i thought this came out alright.

17. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

You have more of an art style anyway.

18. CuCCui

CuCCui Senior Member

real quick question...is $200 bucks for shooting little kids birthday parties a lot or a little?
    I did one today for that amount 400 exposures and about half are good so that is about a buck a shot.then making disks for all of the invited guest =100...I have six more lined up before November from this one...Do you think this is a good or bad way to get experience?thanks...

19. ||BREAD||

||BREAD|| Elite Member

ehh ya thats pretty good. When I shot that wedding I took 700 exposures and charged a dollar each, about 400 of them turned out.

20. funhouseXcast

look at it this way. you just made what, $50 - $75 an hour? that's pretty fucking good when you think about it like that.