Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Photography

Discussion in 'Picture gallery' started by Fube, Dec 20, 2007.

Share This Page

1. Backalley Abortion Doctor

Backalley Abortion Doctor Elite Member

Weddings; they're fast-moving-sports.

2. iWrite.

iWrite. Senior Member

3. miami vice

miami vice Member

bring a d40 to a wedding and shoot jpeg... let me know how that goes :)
    you'd be suprised at how fast people move lol.. but yeah that was a typo it was meant to be read weddings or fast moving sports.. and those are only 2 examples

i find credentials in photography/art idk? i feel like most people who go to school for it are no where close to par before or after, notice i say most.. not all..i think school for photography is good for learning basics,photo film techiniques, and maybe meeting the right person.. pending where you are. Photography is rough...experience, age, and equipment rule moneymaking for it right now...maybe im just talking a bunch of w.e. cuz im watching the matrix at the same time? loll

4. AnonymousWaaa

AnonymousWaaa Senior Member

ai1238.photobucket.com_albums_ff496_JackWaaa_Night_20time_CSC_0042.jpg

Really like this for some reason

5. VAsucks

VAsucks Senior Member

why wouldnt you shoot jpegs at a wedding?

and im in art school currently and i think its a pretty valuable experience.
    i cant speak for photo but its helped me alot in other things.

6. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

How does full frame make it easier to take photos of fast moving sports and weddings???

My point about my Leica is that it is technologically one hundred years behind a D40 and yet they are still the most revered cameras you can buy simply because of it's raw simplicity and quality. Anyone that thinks their D40 is 'limiting' them then I invite them to pick up a leica or any other basic manual camera which doesn't even have a light meter and then go and tell me their D40 still 'limits' them.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  7. iWrite.

iWrite. Senior Member

8. UpstateHate585

UpstateHate585 Elite Member

Full frame=bigger sensor=bigger pixels=more data per pixel=better image quality. logically speaking.

also, the fact that full frame handles low light way better with the better iso capabilities provides better image quality. higher iso=faster shutter speeds as well. can be nice for fast moving stuff. but opening ur lens is a better option

9. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

Nope, thats not the case at all.

More pixels = better image detail whether full frame or cropped.
    less pixels = usually means better ISO capability because the pixels are bigger and less cramped.
    Sensor size has nothing to do with overall image detail.

So, the new 14MP D7000 technically has better picture quality than my D3s. But I don't care because 12MP is all I need for the stuff that I do. You really need to assess what you are going to be doing in your work. My mate has a D3 because he shoots skate photos and runs NZ's skate magazine, so he needs the ridiculous frame rate of the D3. I need it because I shoot a lot of events which are usually in dark rooms or at night, (but really, my fast lenses do most of that work 85 1.4 28-70 2.8 etc) and mainly because I need the double CF slots that the D3 has cos I am a bit of a machine gun shooter and end the day with at least 1000 photos to go through... really gotta work on that... :rolleyes:

Cameras like the D3100 and D7000 are almost to par with D3 these days anyway in terms of high ISO's so I don't see why people want D3's so much other than as a fashion statement :rolleyes:.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/comparisons/2010-09-29-iso/index.htm

10. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

11. Groucho Marx

Groucho Marx Member

yo we just put a little video together showcasing how we make some simple but dope stickers here at Trife Life with some basic materials.

shot on a hvx200 with nothing but a desk lamp and a couple of homies

check it right here
    www.trifelifenyc.tumblr.com

12. iWrite.

iWrite. Senior Member

13. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

AK: it's almost time for you to sell your G10 and move on to fuji.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1009/10091910fujifilmx100.asp

Here's some quick points:
    APS-C sensor

Full manual control with aperture ring ON THE LENS and shutter control on the top.
    1:1 Electronic viewfinder, AND 0.5:1 Optical viewfinder. downside: only 90% frame coverage instead of a real rangefinder that covers more then 100%

35mm f/2 lens that doesn't extend or collapse.

built in ND3 filter that you can switch on or off.

14. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

WOW. I want one.... My G10 got ganked from my mrs' house when she got robbed. Pissed off about that one....
    I wish you didn't show me that camera.

15. UpstateHate585

i never said anything about more pixels. 12 mp on a cropped sensor cramps them more so that a full frame would. this is all me just thinking in a way that makes sense to me. i could be wrong

how much is that fuji?

16. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

It's not for sale yet, so noone knows. I wouldn't be suprised if it was more then $800 though.

17. .A.K.4.7.

.A.K.4.7. Elite Member

This just means the low light capabilities go down, not the image detail.

I'm shitting my pants over that fucking fuji. I'm getting one so long as it's not ridiculously expensive...

I hope it shoots quickly and doesn't have that fucking lag that I hate so much cos if it doesn't this thing looks like the illest street shooter... imagine it in black!

18. VAsucks

VAsucks Senior Member

that fuji is a straight up swag-camera.
    i mean not to say it wouldnt be useful, but it looks nice as fuck.

19. UpstateHate585

yeah that fuji looks dope as hell.

i in no way want a d3 though. that was bread lol. i just want a d700

but that fuji is sexy

20. kmcdon3960

kmcdon3960 Elite Member

I'm pretty excited about it. I won't be affording it anytime soon though. I love that it's got the exposure compenstion right on the top. That's fucking awesome. That whole camera is awesome.

Fuck!