Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

political thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scary letters, Feb 26, 2008.

Share This Page

1. wafflecakee

wafflecakee Elite Member

remember kids, if you don't vote for obama you're a racist.

2. the resk

the resk Member

I'm starting to think that, sadly, McCain is going to win. This Obama-Clinton duel is lasting too much time- it has only weakened the Democrat party.

On another note, both of the parties arent too different. If you want to see what the real left wing is, come and live in Europe. Right now, here we think that the democrats are right, and the republicans far right.

3. wafflecakee

wafflecakee Elite Member

obama & clinton have been taking over all the media attention, dont you think that them dominating media for this long period would incrase democrate awareness?

for the left wing comment, i agree 100%.

4. Cozmo

Cozmo Senior Member

Well, as we've seen, increasing Democrat awareness doesn't necessarily mean gaining Democrat power/influence with the people.

Look at how they've taken over the media attention: with this petty tit-for-tat slag-off that has made them both look like lying, bickering children. Honestly, the Clinton/Obama fight is the best thing for McCain right now, because they're so busy trying to out-do each other. McCain can now focus on his platform because he has no other competition.

Resk, where are you from?

5. BIGel

BIGel Elite Member

i dont think thats necessarily true. look at how much interest there is in the democratic party right now because of this slug-fest they've got going. if anything its helping not hurting.

6. Backalley Abortion Doctor

Backalley Abortion Doctor Elite Member

I'm inclined to agree. I feel like they're both being dishonest by trying to slander th eother, when their values really aren't that different.

7. Cozmo

Cozmo Senior Member

Exactly. It's proof of the old axiom, "A house divided against itself will fall."

One makes a claim about their experience, and the other tries to disprove that claim while bolstering their own claims to greater experience, and then the first follows suit, and so on.

That's what I meant about it being counterproductive. And in the meantime, McCain has the big job of uniting the Republicans who may not have supported him in the past, but at least he's not battling with someone else for the nomination.

8. Backalley Abortion Doctor

McCain is also rallying for the democratic vote now, since he already has the Republican vote locked up. Rubbing elbows with key Democratic figures while Hilary an dObama duke it out with EACHOTHER..McCain's already well on his way to presidency...Hm, I hadn't thought of it that way, but you;re right.

9. Ignorant_youth

Ignorant_youth Banned

10. Backalley Abortion Doctor

The key here is that, Political parties actually think what theyr'e doing is helping someone. (Or that's the air they're suuposed to be giving off.)

11. lolque?

lolque? Senior Member

hey, why not fuck the fucking capitalist system and build a anarcho-communist system?

12. Backalley Abortion Doctor

13. lolque?

lolque? Senior Member

and why is it stupid, sir? and please, before you answer, read about anarchism.

i will laugh in your face if you tell me what i think youre gonna tell me.

14. Backalley Abortion Doctor

You don't laugh in Rots' face, to begin with. It just doesn't work.

Explain the beneficial points of anarchism.

15. STR-WHO

STR-WHO Guest

hahahaha sigged

16. lolque?

lolque? Senior Member

So you're rots' second account? oh please, don't rape my girlfriend

anarchism means no fucking bullshit elections. it means direct democracy organised in meetings. it means every single person can give their opinion and have it voted by everyone who wishes to be present at the meeting. it means that the interests of the majority(the proletariat) are priority. it means that the rules that the majority wants become the laws. it means no cops. cops are replaced by a popular militia.

communism(yes i know that world scares u) means "From everyone, according to their possibilites. To everyone, according to their needs." it means no filthy bourgeoisie enslaving the population with their wages.

anarcho-communism means great days for the proletariat. it means communism without fucking censorship that happens BOTH in capitalist and communist systems. it means that everyone has enough to eat everyday. even Marx, who wrote the Kapital, said that communism, in its highest form, should become anarchism.

what now?

17. Backalley Abortion Doctor

yeah if that all plays out, but who will make sure it pans out that way? In an anarchist society.

18. lolque?

lolque? Senior Member

open comitees charged by the people to do so will.

19. Backalley Abortion Doctor

Soudns wonderful but in a realistic sense, do you ever think that would pan out? You seem to think the people in charge NOW aren't people. Even if you get rid of the government, people like the ones running it now will always exist. They'll always be moneyhungry and always be powercrazed.

20. lolque?

lolque? Senior Member

yes they will, but they won't have more power than you or me, so if the population doesn't want what they want, they can go fap in their basement for all we care.

the people who will be in charge in an anarchist society would not be moneyhungry and powercrazed because they would be volunteers to serve the masses in the comitee. they would not do anything else than work on the stuff voted in the meetings.