Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Questions

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Sep 6, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Vapid666

Vapid666 Elite Member

I like chrome for tags, and flat for throws. When it comes to pieces it just depends

2. subbo

subbo Member

yeah. Ah well this stuff will essentially be for practice, I just need to get these caps workin!
    I did find some Pilot ink, though, and got a molotow mop.. works better than the ones I made with rusto/paint thinner.. I'll have to try the Pilot ink in those, too.

3. _flocka_

_flocka_ Senior Member

Okay, this question is for semi experienced writers.

I'm thinkin if getting the Molotow Basic Sketcher pack from here, which is ink. And I'll get the blender as well.
    Do you prefer Ink Over Paint markers? Or Paint over ink markers? I do a lot of black booking and I'm tired of not being able to blend the colors that I want. I have copics and prismas, and not a lot of em because they're expensive as hell. So should I invest my cash in to paint or ink?

4. Vapid666

Vapid666 Elite Member

Im really not expierienced at all, but I don't see any harm in answering. I prefer ink, it's easier for me to blend, it dries faster, and it seems to be cheaper for the most part.

5. subbo

subbo Member

I'm new to graffiti but I am an illustrator and have been using copics and prismacolors for about 13 years... Copics are the best markers I've ever used by far.
    Maybe check out some marker coloring tutorials, even better to find copic specific ones.. there are probably a ton out there

6. _flocka_

_flocka_ Senior Member

Thanks for your input guys, I think imma go ahead and invest in 12 Molotow basic sketchers !

7. Eurothrash

Eurothrash Senior Member

i use promarkers, cehap subsitiute for copics. I like ém

8. InnerCityRebel

InnerCityRebel Senior Member

What caps are best? Just need some opinions

9. Vapid666

Vapid666 Elite Member

@nostik depends what you're doing. My rule of thumb is to just go with a fat cap or the stock cap it came with. They just make fills and outlines like a thousand times easier, and everyone loves a big fat tag!

10. wolfgang2142

wolfgang2142 Senior Member

NY fats are the best plain and simple, if you want to do huge tags use huge caps but otherwise just go for the ny fats

11. InnerCityRebel

I need to fix my hands. I don't have a steady hand or can contror, how can I get tags like this
    url-22uplnm.jpg

Instead of like this
    graffiti.jpg

12. Vapid666

Vapid666 Elite Member

@nostik the true answer is just practice practice practice. And I say this at the risk of sounding like an uneducated toy, but try and use more caps like the ones that come on Rustos (the flat looking ones that fit to your finger) opposed to the the ones that you classically see that come up more. Idk if I explained that good, but yeah, it was a lot easier for me to start to get control with the flatter ones.

13. wolfgang2142

14. InnerCityRebel

15. PHREEone

PHREEone Senior Member

LOL really!!! DUDE ITS CALLED PRACTICE :p

16. mefisto

mefisto Senior Member

Dude I know the anwser! while you make the skinny lines you hold the can close to the wall and ur hands are fast, while you do the flare part the cap is away from the wall and the movement is slower. Basically just try flares and you will feel it. Also use a fatcap!!!

17. wolfgang2142

your welcom for the vids, some good ones in there, the trick is not to follow with the lines just try to tag higher than you can reach and make the bottom of the letters as high as you can reach and youll start to understand flares

18. PHREEone

PHREEone Senior Member

SSPX0144.jpg a fast one i did a while back.... CRITCS PLEASE :)

19. mefisto

mefisto Senior Member

First of all learn where shall you post

20. PHREEone

PHREEone Senior Member