Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Questions

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Sep 6, 2004.

Share This Page

1. mefisto

mefisto Senior Member

Dude I know the anwser! while you make the skinny lines you hold the can close to the wall and ur hands are fast, while you do the flare part the cap is away from the wall and the movement is slower. Basically just try flares and you will feel it. Also use a fatcap!!!

2. wolfgang2142

wolfgang2142 Senior Member

your welcom for the vids, some good ones in there, the trick is not to follow with the lines just try to tag higher than you can reach and make the bottom of the letters as high as you can reach and youll start to understand flares

3. PHREEone

PHREEone Senior Member

SSPX0144.jpg a fast one i did a while back.... CRITCS PLEASE :)

4. mefisto

mefisto Senior Member

First of all learn where shall you post

5. PHREEone

PHREEone Senior Member

6. CallMeFred

CallMeFred Senior Member

What is the recommended 'order' of painting a piece?
    I assume it would be a sketch with the lightest color in the fill, then the fill, add-ons in the fill, such as bubbles and shine highlight, outline and then some extras if designed.. is this a good order?

ktnx loveyou<3

7. dankbudz

dankbudz Elite Member

Dear god ^^^
    The order goes
    Grab a gun, load the bullets, cock the hammer back, shoot yourself in the head.

Why you guys talkin about practice? Just go out and buy the most expensive shit and youll be mad good

8. mefisto

mefisto Senior Member

No, the order goes: Shines , fill addons, 2nd outline, extras, then the fill, and put a big X over it

9. Vapid666

Vapid666 Elite Member

Yo dank, why do you have so much hate for Fred?

10. THE SGD

THE SGD Member

Can anyone help me with graffiti. I know how to do it, but I don't know everything about. For instance, after you do a piece, what do you do, do you put a tag of it from your crew or leave it alone? Please PM me ASAP because I really want to bomb a piece on some freights that are next to an abandoned building and people can't see you even in broad daylight. Graffiti isn't a problem here as their aren't any writers around here except some really old toys.

11. biblebeltbangerz

biblebeltbangerz Elite Member

just buy some nike SD's and wear neon shirts and peirce your lips and youll be dope.

12. CallMeFred

CallMeFred Senior Member

Lol don't worry about it, let him do his thing, it's probably the most fun he had in weeks

13. Coleo

Coleo Elite Member

anyone from new england

14. StyleGeek7

StyleGeek7 Guest

the problem with graf is everyone thinks it's about walls.
    Its not.
    If cans didnt exist, we would trace outlines with rocks. It's about your understanding of letters, how they flow, how they piss you off, how you love them, how you bend them, torture them, refine them, or lean them on comfortable pillows. Its not about if you can do a burner on a wall cuz anyone can put a whole bunch of pretty colors togethers (and with time, develop can control).
    Let's get it clear, can control is much easier than having style.
    A messy writer can drip all over his piece and burn a famous clean sharp writer if his letters are better !
    The culture is not in the technique. The culture is in the mind of the one who loves letters. No wall is necessary for that.
    All you toys should spend 2-3 years on paper before going to the wall. Like I did when i started. Like everyone did back in the day. Instead of asking your questions. There are no questions to be asked. Especially on the net, it makes giving advice imprecise.
    Find a mentor. If your heart is in it and he is not an a$$ho he will hear you out and teach you.
    But you must learn to shut up and listen and most toys dont.
    Back in the days you couldnt come out with wack crap or else you would be humiliated. There is no quality control these days. Same with music. Same with society. We live in a world of mediocrity cuz no one is putting work in. Its all about quick results. And an experienced writer can see what your level just from your tag. There is no escaping, you cannot veil your true level, there are no shortcuts. Just sketch more and more everyday to the point where people think you are insane. You have to be crazy to live this.
    You must learn to get burned and learn why you get burned.
    I am a scholar of style, this is my view based on my experience.

15. ur210

ur210 Senior Member

Where did you steal this from?

16. Vapid666

Vapid666 Elite Member

Im not sure but I think Im confused. Ive always thought that style was the way you make your letters/characters, and some of the general things that you usually use such as lines, solid or messy, extensions, and the like, not a specific piece, and that you're supposed to develop and stick with your style, but lately a lot of cats have been telling me to change my style on the daily. I guess my question is: is what Ive been thinking of as style correct, and should you be changing your style often?

17. biblebeltbangerz

biblebeltbangerz Elite Member

style is a natural thing you can study a style and jack it but that's not really your official style. takes time.

18. Vapid666

Vapid666 Elite Member

Haha yeah I get that, but that doesn't quite answer my question, that's coo though it was kind of confusing. I'm not quite sure how to word it. And I can't see it to well but is the gif in your sig a hospital flip? If so, nice

19. GREK

GREK Member

Does anyone know how to get free stickers in Europe? Im thinking of stickers like usps etc. Usps dont ship to Europe, but anyone know of something simular in europe?

20. mefisto

mefisto Senior Member

Go 2 your local graff shop and ask them for stickers, I dont really think Europe has them go to your local Post office and ask dem