Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Questions

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Sep 6, 2004.

Share This Page

1. beone

beone Elite Member

u shouldnt be posting in toys anymore

2. Mr Tasty

Mr Tasty Banned

lol thx i posted it in pictures section too and they seemed to like it
    i thaught theyd all be screaming...toy section please :p

3. AoAssis

AoAssis Elite Member

4. uhhh

uhhh Elite Member

remik? :huh:

5. AoAssis

AoAssis Elite Member

6. aces

aces Elite Member

Go simpler dude.

7. AoAssis

AoAssis Elite Member

are you on crack? go simpler? i have been doing simples, and still am, this is just a new style im tryin out and i dont think it half bad, so why go simple. thats the only adivce people ever give in here any more is "go simple"" go simple my ass, if you stay simple for ever you aint never gana progress you aint never gana get to wild style, wild style is all about playin around with addons and such once you got a basic letter structure down, (which i belive i have down) so if you stay simple and keep going back to simples do think just one day a wild style will show up on your paper? no i dont think so. ( and dont come back here saying "WHOA chill dude i was just saying go simple dont have to go all fuckin crazy on me" cuz im just tellin you how it is.) go simple aint no good adivce unless your drawing shit like molotow.

8. AMAZ tbscrew

AMAZ tbscrew Elite Member

i hate people that have been around for like 2 weeks and are tellin us 2 go simple...like wtf? lol

9. Voze

Voze Senior Member

go search on google for it. i was interested in this before but i think the best is brushes. but if you just use acrylic paint straight up it'll crack and peel when you start walking with em. you need to add turps or something to the paint to make it flexible, but if you search on google, you'll find a lot of shit but there's one or two good sites that show you good ways of doing it.

it's not turps, it's nail polish remover or acetone. that keeps it from cracking.

10. pace1

pace1 Senior Member

last night was sick i went on a highway mission wit my buddy in toyhood "Kaos". any way we were goona hit this billboard some heaven spot shit perfect no writers clean pallet for a quick bomb. The catch was walking ove the like 40 foot high sketchy rail road track over water wow this thing had broken like wood struts, I was about to complain just kidding but we crossed it and we walk over some safer bridge and saw some wall perfect practice and it had some swager peice and some kid took a roller to it little beef along the way. we decided to get it on the return trip. we get to this thing wip out cans and bombs away. i get the call from a look out and i jump a good 10 feet to the ground and haul ass. aparently a cop drove up to the wall we had planned to hit on the return and was in clear sight of us and didnt even see us holy shit that was soome funny yet scary shit.

11. AoAssis

AoAssis Elite Member

12. Dekon

Dekon Member

Huh? :blink:

13. 2KoS

2KoS Senior Member

Has anyone else got one of those little strip backs? those small little notepads that you can write on, and when you're finished with it, jus pull up the plastic and it disapears?

I got one out of a christmas cracker B) And now I'm using it to draw small little sketches and bombs. Good for practise, not a lot of flow though.

e.g.

[Broken External Image]:http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b119/2kos/kstripbak.jpg

14. Zire

Zire Senior Member

Coz ace has been here two weeks.

15. Voze

Voze Senior Member

i've been thinking - i've only been writing vose for about a month and a half now and i think i've been coming up with some good stuff - but however the V is really pissing me off, and o is kinda annoying to stylise. i haven't really got up at all yet except for some shitty tags, (but i'm getting some paint in the post :D)

what do you guys think of the name steak? i like all the letters, it's a fun name, i've done a few sketches with that that i kinda like, you know if anyone really famous writes steak? not some half up bomber in your town, i mean all city type..

16. beone

beone Elite Member

steak is kinda dumb try swithcing the letters around if u really wanna write them

17. AoAssis

AoAssis Elite Member

steak, kreta, kreet, krat, trak, treak, taek, keat, kerta

I like the wat kerta sounds.

18. Voze

Voze Senior Member

too many people have k at the end of their names. not that it's bad, i see loads of 4 letters, crak, krek, wrek, etc. i'll sketch em and try em out. i like steak, it's silly, that's good, i don;t like things too serious :)

wait, i just contradicted myself there.

19. near

near Senior Member

aoassis im in no way trying to beef but this is an internet criticism so it may sound like it....you really do need to work with simpler letters :/ you dont really have the right idea as to where to put 'add-ons' yet and make it look nice as oppose to a letter with a random things sticking out of it...another reason i say go back to basics is your proprtions are off and the letters are a little 'all over the place' (like how the first few letters are away from the bottom of the page and it starts to move progressively lower)

however your basic letters are pretty nice (except the m) its really the 'addons' and things sticking out of it that make it look awkward (as well as the proportional thing i mentioned)

if you were to drop that 'remik' without the "addons" just the letters the way you drew them it'd be pretty nice, it just looks like a bomb that is trying too hard to be a piece if that makes sense...

now your gonna say i hate you or something bla bla ive been on this longer than 2 weeks and have a fairly good idea what im talking about i could post some of my stuff if you think for whatever reason i dont know what im talking about, anyway 100% friendly criticism peeace

20. AoAssis

AoAssis Elite Member

naw man i aint hatin you and in no way do i think your hatin on me. Just most peple just keep saying " Go simpler" with out knowing what they are actually talking about, It was only the first sketch of that style that why the letters were all out of paportion and all sketchy, chek out the Tot black books, you can see the progression of that style and how i made it simpler, Chek it out and leave me a comment. Thanks for the Critz and shit, Good critz from you, just dont leave me critz with 2 words, i like the last post you made this is how BS should be. it should have posts that actualy have some reading involved that is WORTH reading not usless rambling or just some 2 word comments which are post whoring ( not saying i dont post whore because i do sometimes) but ya, any way im just rambling now and contridicting my self

- Ao