Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Questions

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Sep 6, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Kace

Kace Member

yeah i do
    what you write?

2. d_g

d_g Elite Member

I kinda have to disagree a tiny, tiny bit.

Copying other peoples styles has helped me quite a bit (more so with handys though), people learn in different ways, some learn buy seeing, some buy doing etc. I'm one of those people who learns by doing.

I still think starting from blocks and simples is the way to go, no doubt, but when you start to progress a bit it's good to look at some simple-ish pieces (or handys, throws, whatever) and see what they've done with their letters and use that in your own stuff but give it your own personal twist. I think this has the downside of one making a style which is pretty much a modification/personilisation of someone elses style. But I still think seeing what other people do and trying it is a good idea.

The biggest tip I think I could give to new writers (not that I've been writing for long but it has helped me a lot) is to look at everything in detail. Don't just look at a peice and think to yourself 'that's a nice piece', pull it apart. What makes it a nice peice? What has the writer done with the letters? How do the letters interact? Etc etc etc. Pull it apart to the last molecule of paint.

3. clockwork

clockwork Senior Member

Dont get depressed guys, no need to. If your stuck in a rut, grab a dry erase board, and some chisel tip markers (ALOT OF THEM) and practice your tag for as long as you need. Therefore you wont waste paper. And youll get a good buzz going lol.

If you have troubles with a certain letter or you aint feeling your tag, change it up. I cant do K's very good. So I changed my tag recently. I wasnt liking my form on k's.

If your stuck ask a moderator. Ask a vet for help. They dont mind all that much.
    (C3ZR may comment with a reply such as: Well here I hope it helps, OH....SNAP!) And kinda make you feel stupid but its cool. C3ZR helps me even when its beef time.

Cause I get pissed and say shit like "Curb stomp."

If your stuck ask for help. Bombing science is a mentor.

4. T_R_O_N

T_R_O_N Senior Member

ive always wanted to ask this,but are you the same clockwork from the 12oz dc forums?

5. revolt92

revolt92 Banned

I kinda have to agree with d g cos biting helped me develop my own style although my style isnt exactly that good but still.

6. EasyMac

EasyMac Senior Member

Honestly in my opinion if your a toy working on nuthin but your bbook it's not wrong to go out to a REMOTE spot (not seen by the public) and getting the craving to paint outta your system,
    if you disagree with me it's probobly because your an asshole so ...whatever

7. Stevie

Stevie Senior Member

i've seen a couple tags up around my area..how can i start to write with these people?

8. etch a sketch

etch a sketch Senior Member

9. etch a sketch

before when everyone was talin bout that... i think sonmeone said ij spain or italy I THINK im not sure

10. Stevie

Stevie Senior Member

what i meant to say was.. how can i meet with these people..?

11. etch a sketch

ask around i guess? cuz if i told u to write on a wall or chill spot "meet me at <wherever> at <whenever>", the pigs'll get ya

12. bigkingone

bigkingone Member

off topic but shit happens....where do all practise your graff?

13. AteskOne

AteskOne Elite Member

thing says madrid so i would have to say spain.

14. shamee1991

shamee1991 Elite Member

ohh i remba whe a mate go griped by the 05, he had to rub it all of, tag was about 3 meters long!...had to ssaty in a cell hahaa...

15. shamee1991

shamee1991 Elite Member

16. AteskOne

AteskOne Elite Member

did anyone else not understand a word in that??? i think someone needs to go back to computer concepts class and learn how to type.

17. reivax

reivax Member

I'd first like to tell y'all that I'm new here, and I'm getting into graffiti with a few taggings I have in mind. I'm wondering -- what do you think of noodle-like lettering? I'm sorta playing with it and I think it looks ok. But still, since I'm toy and all I wanna improve it. I figure it'll fit my "shoop" tagging cuz that's symbolic of a soup that has a lot of noodles in it.

What do y'all recommend?

18. AteskOne

AteskOne Elite Member

say no to noodle letters kids...what you need to do as i and many others have said several times...start off with simple letters. do not try and go crazy with bends and twists and addons. they just distract the eye from the actual look of the letters. to tell you the truth i dont use any addons that touch my letters in my tags and shit.remember the blockier the better when your first starting out. start with your letters looks like ATESK(dont use my name please lol). as you improve you can start to bend the letters in places and eventually round out your letters and play around with addons. my 2 cents.

19. bigkingone

bigkingone Member

just putting my 2 cents in on this topic....please do not go buy ur slef beltons, montanas, ironlack or even exports as we here in aus have and go out and start boming because you will make your self look like a toy fagget and people will just laugh at you so practice practice practice and come out with ur styles lokking fresh

PeAcE.....

20. Truth.

Truth. Senior Member

Could someone hook me up with a lonk with lots of simples? I want to develop my own simple so wanna get a feel of other artists simples and can't seem to find any on here as they are all scattered through the thro up thread (in big boys).