Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Questions

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Kayone707, Sep 6, 2004.

Share This Page

1. Vice

Vice Senior Member

still, even if it takes a long time to master and for it to look good you should do it yourself. if someone else does it for you its not your art, its theirs, and after all, one of the major points of graff is to express yourself and if your painting someone elses art then all your doing then is expressing them. give it some time and im sure youll come up with something that you like.

2. Synaesthesia

Synaesthesia Senior Member

3. sketch3

sketch3 Banned

yea dont worrie about sucking balls, your a toy thats your job, i dont form a band and do a concert befor i learn to play, so u shudnt just expect to be good to begin with, if every one was a king our mums would be bombing as we speak

4. Vice

Vice Senior Member

syn thats not all that bad. keep it up.

5. bountyhunter113

bountyhunter113 Elite Member

lol syn,dunno wut u talkin bout.....that's better den wut i can do,jus keep developin it and experimenting(dont b afraid to connect letters n shit)

6. Synaesthesia

7. whahappen?

whahappen? Elite Member

8. Chulo

Chulo Senior Member

The art of getting over is probably a real good book for u to get cause it gives u a good background on alot of writers and how they got started

9. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

both of those books are excellant. Get them both. Graffitti world is visually a fucking fantasic book with every kind of graff represented. They also have Graffitti Women. It's just like World only nothing but chick writers. Fantastic books. The Art of Getting over is a great book for knowledge and history. It focuses on stories from the old school legends and drops alot of true knowledge about what it takes to go big. Espo wrote that book. He would know.

Just don't get "Graffitti NYC. Shit book. Shit flicks. waste of cash.

10. KaOs-OneR

KaOs-OneR Senior Member

11. Synaesthesia

I have Banksy's Wall and Piece up for trade, if your interested.

12. C3ZR ONE

C3ZR ONE Moderator

^^^That's another outstanding book..^^^^

13. revolt92

revolt92 Banned

I have that book, it's really interesting...even my cousin who probably dispises graffiti enjoyed it.

14. -ShAmEE-

-ShAmEE- Elite Member

sorri. y does ur cuzin dispise graffiti,

15. sketch3

sketch3 Banned

ever since he found out thatthe guy who had an afair with his aunt did graff hes despised it ever since, sorry guys

16. revolt92

revolt92 Banned

my cousins a 30+ yr old mother of two, somehow i doubt she'd be into the whole graff thing

17. alive

alive Banned

nah chill, graffiti nyc is a nice book, its just not worth paying for.

its not really good for its pictures, its got mad, funny and ill quotes. like big kids talking about bombing, and then vandal squad talking about how theyd be proud if theyre kidss were arrested for graff. hahaha. "shows character"

18. whahappen?

whahappen? Elite Member

okay, cause i definatly wanna get the art of getting over because i know kadisms in it and hes one of my favorite writers
    thanks

19. alive

alive Banned

really no graff book is worth buying. like i guess their cool to have, but as for pictures, i mean, ur online alrdy, u easily find more pictures then will ever be in a book. and as for reading it, well thats cool, but read it once in the store and thats just abt it. i dunno.

20. Feat337

Feat337 Member

Ok, I'm gonna be in Houston pretty much all summer. I just want to know if anyone knows any good graf shops in the area or just Texas in general (Dallas, San Antonio, Austin etc)