Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Random guy trying to not be a toy

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Teokeu, Jun 10, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Teokeu

Teokeu New Member

Hello guys. I'm new here, and new to the graffiti scene. I wanted to have some feed back but I don't know any writers in my city. ( Sorry if this is not the right forum to post ) I've been doing tag for like 3 months. Basically my goal now is not to be a toy anymore. I'll post my progression here if it's ok for you. :) Please give some advice.

View attachment 657898

View attachment 657899

IMG_20180610_153836.jpg

2. Bants

Bants Senior Member

you have the wrong goal imo... you dont get to decide of youre a toy or not. just keep hitting books. this shit takes years and sometimes a life time to develop.

3. Sane_M

Sane_M Member

Nice throwie mate. I don't even get why everyone calls each other toys... At lest we all started somewhere and we share a unique hobby.
    #FuckTheHate

4. Bants

Bants Senior Member

a toy is someone that blows up spots... sidebust or flat out buffs people they have no business even talking too. causes unnecessary beef. snitching on everybody he/she knows. a fuckin rat. a toy is someone with no respect for the history and the people that rock this as a lifestyle and not an "every other weekend tag". no wanting to get better, just wants to spread garbage and destruction for the wrong kinda fame they see on the internet. fake. its more on the painting side of graffiti. these type of toys need to be snuffed out.

then you have your toys with potential... these are ones that just lack experience... if you come up the right way you can avoid a lot of headaches. if you're lucky, a head with groom you and show you the basics then let you sink or swim together. toys make excellent lookouts. the internet changed a lot about this artform but some things never change. and its like that for a reason.

so... you see, while everyone is in fact, a toy at some point there is a right and a wrong way of doing anything. if you choose to do it the wrong way, you will pay dearly in the long run.

i dont want to sound like a know it all. and i am in no way shape or form some expert here... i just love this shit. i love letters man... if you have the commitment others will see, and they will come to you. because being called a toy is not supposed to be an insult, if you catch offence odds are its toy vs. toy... or you are the wrong type of toy... all im saying is dont be the wrong type of toy.

5. Sane_M

Sane_M Member

True and I agree with you compleatly. But I still don't get why there's a need to be called / get called a Toy. I just think if you see someone that wants to get better, you should help him, and if you are a new Artist you shouldn't have to worry about getting called a Toy.

6. Tuke

Tuke Senior Member

If you cant handle being called a toy, don't write. 'nuff said

7. nastynasty

nastynasty Senior Member

Toy is not an insult. It's a level of skill. It's like calling fat people fat, how is that wrong? They are fat. If you're a toy then you've got little to no skill, especially if you're 2 months, 5 months, 1-2 years new in the game. Accept it as fact and practice. Don't get offended because your value in graffiti shouldn't come from whether or not you can do a nice tag, it should come in whether you've got the spirit to learn and evolve or not cuz that's what drives you to create nice tags, and better tags, and sexy wildstyles.

8. Sane_M

Sane_M Member

If you go out and call someone fat, then you propably want to offend them, same goes for Toy. You don't go up to someone and call them a Toy if you don't want to offend them.
    And in my opinion this counts as an insult. But since I didn't come here to argue...

You do You

9. Bants

Bants Senior Member

pfft get offended... ive been beaten over spots. heads walking yards at night with baseball bats and shit... this is real life, not some politically correct seminar with free coffee and donuts. there are no "safe places". i respect your opinion, but there is a time to be humble and there is a time to not. trust me, real mo fos dont care if you are a toy or an intermediate, or a king... this is their spot and they will fuck you up over it no matter what. thats why if people visit they get with crews that know whats what and never go blindly into anything they are not prepared for. or, its a legal wall. nobody got time for your feelings.... but "i didnt come here to argue."

im sorry if im coming off as aggressive here, but some of you need to understand that there are things in this game that will not change. being called a toy and being a toy is one of those things everybody will deal with at some point in time if you stick to this. you have to prove to your peers that you are in this for the long haul... because people that get into graffiti hard for like a year then fade out are all to common. and nobody wants to waste time on fake people in it as a fad cus they want to write "arrow letters". stay in the books and "do you". dont get hurt out there please.

10. Tuke

Tuke Senior Member

Its okay bro the ones who can't handle being called a toy will drop out of this eventually

11. MINE2 : C.H.A.P.S. CRU

MINE2 : C.H.A.P.S. CRU Senior Member

Although it seems hostile, bro is speaking truth. Real writers live and die for graff, literally... I knew cats that got shot, hit by trains, even falling to their deaths hitting up a high ass spot all out for the fame of getting your name up. Same as I know dudes now that will clap you for going over part of a piece by accident yet alone putting up something wack/ unskilled in their areas. The Internet & commercialization have changed this game a lot but real writers are still out there in every corner of the world doing what it do. Being a toy is part of becoming a writer as you're unskilled and trying to make a name for yourself. Be respectful of other writers, don't bite others $#!+, take time to learn from those with experience and practice to better yourself because you love the art and want to express your love through the pieces you put out. This type of toy will grow and progress into a top notch writer.