Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Right to left - Arabic Graffiti

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Phat 2, Jul 27, 2010.

Share This Page

1. thepekins

thepekins Guest

wait phat you got commissioned to do a coke logo? like payed? ????

2. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

weedeater, looks like either tadbig, tadbeeg, tadbij, tadbeej, or "that big"... it might help if you can tell me what do the tags next to it say

and yeah, I got paid for the coke

3. thepekins

thepekins Guest

damn phat thats fuckin baller dude. You gotta be mad pro to get a payin job anywhere near me. Where you from just out of curiosity? surely not US lol

4. weedeater

weedeater Senior Member

i wish i had a higher res version, i cant see the tags either, i appreciate though my man, i thought the shit looked mad clean and wanted to know who painted it

5. camelbombing

camelbombing Member

weedeater it looks like Tadbij to me aswell

Where are you from?
    if your in the Middle East I will easily prove you wrong.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  6. weedeater

weedeater Senior Member

thank you sir, ive been looking for flicks with arabic panels and walls, i really dig the style

7. DoucheBag

DoucheBag Senior Member

phat you need to hook an okae up,just like this!!
    with the colors and all that jazz for each letter
    i deff need to try my hand at these letters.theyre to beautiful to pass up lol

8. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

I'll try to do it later... kinda bit swamped right now
    is it ponounced like a normal "okay"?

9. Sketchamus

Sketchamus Member

I saw this thread and thought ive got to give this a go, I found some of the arabic lettering really fun to work with. Here's a quick piece I did earlier today, it should read 'dnb' as in Drum 'N' Bass, that is providing the english to arabic translation site i used is reliable enough, the main piece is in Mashq style and the tag is in Tradition style,

[Broken External Image]:http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...0216275561204_746771203_8452104_3505124_n.jpg

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  10. DoucheBag

DoucheBag Senior Member

yep.
    Thanks man,dont feel pushed or in a rush to do it if you got shit going on :]

11. Eclectic Boogaloo

Eclectic Boogaloo Senior Member

ay Phat could u do a HERVE for me yo?

12. SECH

SECH Senior Member

aqaba-jordan

13. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

yeah sketchamus. close enough. it's actually excellent regarding the fact that you had no help at all doing it... unless you read the whole thread and followed all the pointers

14. camelbombing

camelbombing Member

15. Sketchamus

Sketchamus Member

Thanks man. I read the first few pages of the thread and thought ive got to give this a go. I've always seen arabic graffiti pieces online and in graphotism mags etc but never really looked into it, but im so glad I have because the lettering is so exciting to work with. I also like the fact that you can write deep, even controversial messages and most of the puplic would be unaware of what it actual says.

16. mindtrix350

mindtrix350 Senior Member

Yo Phat, I was wondering if you could show me how wilbur (Will-Burr) looks, if it's not too much trouble.

17. camelbombing

camelbombing Member

18. camelbombing

camelbombing Member

From here to fame have released a book about arabic graffiti

Whether on the freight trucks of Lebanon, along village alleyways in Bahrain, on the bullet-riddled walls of Palestine, or adorning the walls of Western metropolises and designer bags, Arabic script has experienced a revival. Graffiti writers are increasingly experimenting with calligraphy on walls, and young designers are creating new fonts and type designs in books, galleries and public spaces. At times, Arabic graffiti voices the suffering of a nation, while in other contexts it serves as a quest for identity. Regardless whether the writing is in Beirut, Gaza, Tehran, Paris, London, Berlin or Montréal, Arabic graffiti cries out personal and national ideas in expressive calligraphic and typographic words.
    “Arabic Graffiti” brings together artists, graffiti writers and typographers from the Middle East and around the world who merge Arabic calligraphy with the art of graffiti writing...

you can read more here http://fromheretofame.com/books/arabic.html
    Or
    Here Arabic Graffiti, Camelbombing.com

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  19. Phat 2

Phat 2 Elite Member

yeah i know ;) im featured in that book

20. Eclectic Boogaloo

Eclectic Boogaloo Senior Member