Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Should I change my name?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ezey, Dec 5, 2018.

Share This Page

1. zen4

zen4 Member

that somehow contradicts why people use pseudonyms in the first place though. if the whole town knows me as "fat albert" it would be plain stupid to go out and write that name on walls. you'd have to do that to stay true to the culture? hm..

2. HuiS1

HuiS1 New Member

Nah thats some hippie shit, find a combination of letters and go do some fucking damage

3. Ray of Today

Ray of Today Elite Member

The following names are still available if you need something:

Cope3
    Seen7
    Zephir

4. MINE2 : C.H.A.P.S. CRU

MINE2 : C.H.A.P.S. CRU Senior Member

Derivatives: if the neighborhood knows you as Fat Albert then you could write something like Fats for an example. You obviously wouldn't write something that would get you nabbed by police, come on now let's be for real. Graff is about fame and showing off your skills, it's these wack ass toys just throwing letters together or coming up with some bullshit name that makes no sense that's killing the culture. Like I said "just my opinion". Feel free to disagree if you like, no hate intended.

5. zen4

zen4 Member

honestly i don't even know if i disagree, you'd have to be more specific. imo, if you have put in the hours and worked really hard on developing your personal style, people will recognize it regardless of the words you write. in the end, words don't matter that much. only some are more appealing than others and some are already taken ^^

6. MINE2 : C.H.A.P.S. CRU

MINE2 : C.H.A.P.S. CRU Senior Member

I get what you're saying and I agree 100% that you should be recognized by your style not necessarily the words you write. I just don't agree with a lot of these so called Graff writers coming up with names and then changing them every other month because something else sounds cooler or seeing someone write a name and they decide to do a name close to it and bite their style, stuff like that na'mean? I got into writing back in 93-94, it was something I did for fun but I knew a lot of writers that were serious about this life, some that even lost their lives to it. I learned early that your name was who you are, there was respect put on your name. I don't see much of that anymore. Graffiti has become so commercialized that the true essences of it are being forgotten and disregarded to commonly. I mean no hate, just wanna try to educate those that don't a little so that we all can keep this part of the spirit of hip hop alive.