Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Spray tip knowledge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Auddy D, Sep 5, 2022.

Share This Page

1. Auddy D

Auddy D New Member

Hello new friends, I am seeking knowledge on spray paint can tips. I don’t do graffiti, but rather, painting hot aluminum that is freshly rolled off of a mill. I spray the part numbers on them but the tips that are supplied are so fat that they use too much paint! I NEED extra thin lines for writing CLEAN numbers. We use European cans, so the tip will have to be a male tip. Any suggestions would be welcome :) thanks!

2. watchawant

watchawant Senior Member

What brand paint do you use? If it a can designed for "Aerosol Art" you should be able to buy the caps for them online with the product, other wise just go on to a graffiti supply's website in whatever country your in and buy 5 of each cap to start of with and see which ones fit your cans and which have the desired line width, they should be like 20p each, you'll probably be best of with something like a banana cap as real thin caps block easily and as you mentioned a fat uses too much paint.

3. Auddy D

Auddy D New Member

Thank you for the point but the right direction, I’ll order some and see what I can come up with

4. SMDOUBLEXL

SMDOUBLEXL Member

troutartsupply.com

5. LqqsgsVgin

LqqsgsVgin New Member

For achieving thin and clean lines while spray painting hot aluminum, you may want to consider using skinny caps or fine tips on your spray paint cans. These are specifically designed to create thin and precise lines, allowing you to write legible numbers on the aluminum without using too much paint.