Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Spraycan shit itself and died

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by SHC, Feb 8, 2019.

Share This Page

1. SHC

SHC Member

Headed out to a legal spot in my town with a non-writer friend of mine to just hang out and do a piece. Wanted to do some fine details, but couldnt use burner black because it oversprays with skinny caps. I had brought 1 can of cheap hobby spray paint, and when i mounted the skinny cap it wouldn't stop spraying. Even after i removed the cap it just kept spraying out of the valve. Tried shaking it, mounting different caps on it, throwing it into a wall, the usual procedure when a can is acting up. Wouldn't stop no matter what so i ended up doing a tag that looks like a jackson pollock painting by sorta holding the can at head height and letting it drip onto the ground, and leaving the can in a trash can to spray the rest out. How can this be avoided in the future?
    Note: It was ~2-3 degrees C and all the other paint i brought worked just fine. The cap i used was an Ironlak Sharpshooter.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  2. Tuke

Tuke Senior Member

No clue what happened, but general tips for future: always shake the shit out of your cans, dont damage the valve/stem on the male cans, (not that damaging a female valve is particularly good either) and for the truly paranoid, spray your first sprays with a fatcap so you get all the solvent out of the stem tube