Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Starting Canvas Work

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by DA'SeLMeR'', Jun 28, 2004.

Share This Page

1. daze-one

daze-one New Member

try that woodcraft shit those mothafuckers work like acharm!it like their specilized 4 canvas

2. daze-one

daze-one New Member

what u wanna do is use any type of soft led sketching pencil.try an ebonee pencil, ull be able 2 c it because it like glares with any light hitting it.

3. das one

das one Senior Member

2 things....

first off misk is the fucking man!!!!!!

2nd off whats your guys favortie brand of marker and where do you get em????

4. Grigory Rasputin

Grigory Rasputin Senior Member

5. FÄ“D

FÄ“D Guest

be cheep, buy a rol of canvas, buy some gesso, buy a big piece of plywood, some staples, maby a staple gun, scretch that shit and when your done pic the taples off shove it in a frame or some shit, no wood workin required, i dunno if the paint would crack if you moves the canvas around though

6. Slob

Slob Elite Member

yo if your markers are exploding its due too altitude shit or something because they are manufactured somewhere else... im high... but no honestly shake the marker up real good, hold it tip up and pump it with the lid. you have too wait a few, but it lets out the pressure, and they wont explode.

slob canvas from 2003
    [Broken External Image]:http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y280/slobtastik/treecanvas.jpg

7. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

slob man ur style is so nice amazes me lol. Also very nice canvas. I just got myself an airbrush so im gonna use that for some canvases. Basically it will be a bit like a mini spray can so i can do fades and shit :)

8. Rogan

Rogan Senior Member

yeah im doing my first canvas peice as well right now and i use decos and permapaque for the thin lines but i need some help..ive so far written my tag out in gold letters with purple 3d/shadow thing but theres a lot of extra space and i got ideas to fill it but cant think of a good color to go with gold and purple besides white which isnt an option considering the canvas is white

9. Rogan

Rogan Senior Member

slob that shits amazing dude...you ever go to art school or anything or is that just natural talent...wish i could do shit that good

10. resonatx

resonatx Member

ay u shuldnt use those permpaque.... they cant b whipped off with yer finger, so like if u put it down and sum1 rubs there hand or accidently rubs it it will fuck up yer peice. i ve had bad experiences with em'

11. Slob

Slob Elite Member

i don't use airbrush for fades, too much effort.

and no i never went too school, i've just painted tones of canvas, and keep finding new things too work on. canvas painting really taught me a lot about piecing on walls.

12. Rogan

Rogan Senior Member

nice slob, i still think that stuffs amazingly good ...and resonatx i dont use the permapaques on walls just blackbook and canvas

13. Rogan

Rogan Senior Member

oh yeah...i forgot to mention i decided to ptu alight blue in with that gold and purple i just aksed my brother cause i wasnt gettin a response in time...peace...

14. Rogan

Rogan Senior Member

yeah i know exactly what your talkign about man...you just gotta shake them and wait liek 15 seconds then theyll start flowing gtreat again

15. MoNkEy

MoNkEy Elite Member

slob i got it for doin hats. trainers and shirts but i thought why not use it for canvases. Im gonna do a biomech style 3d and i need a lot of shading so it should help with that canvas.

16. kayos-s

kayos-s Senior Member

go to micheals grow some balls and rack decos,woodcrafts or garden markers even canvases if u got the guts then go and rack the paint u need and its allll free :lol: then u have all u need to do a canvas

17. acidconceptone

acidconceptone Senior Member

kayos-s DONT BRING BACK DEAD THREADS LIKE THIS ITS BEEN DEAD FOR 2 YEARS. fuck man how many pages did you have do dig thru before u found this and said "hey this is from 2 years ago but ill mention racking deco's from michaels cause im the shit!" i mean whatever and everything but this is an old fucking thread let it die

18. sheistbugzNY

sheistbugzNY Senior Member

did u like think that it was from the other day that guy is nevr gonna see dis thred agen and ur talking to him like its live.

19. -=:Base216:=-

-=:Base216:=- Member

go to lowes or home depot and buy a 4x8 foot masonite sheet and have them cut it to your desired canvas size ...they do it for free! go to walmart and buy a gallon oflight satin or semi gloss paint.cheaper in the discount section from mixing wrong colors... buy a hand saw/miter box set for like 10 bucks and some nails and a hammer. use 1x2 inch trim wood to make your frames..all well under 100 bucks!!! and you dont need all the wood working tools like those dudes are telling you! or go tp pat catans or michaels and get the canvas multi packs..you can get 16x20 five packs for 20 bucks. dont do what evweryone else is doing! use mixed media for your pieces!