Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Stencils

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by sequel 127, Mar 13, 2006.

Share This Page

1. REPTAR_3RK

REPTAR_3RK Member

2. x{parkour}x

x{parkour}x Senior Member

3. cherrycoke

cherrycoke Member

i found that those kinda cardboardy signs they use for voting, and selling houses are the best kinds of materials to use, to cut out stencils.
    just look at other peoples work and find some inspiration man
    here i'll suggest a video to you
    it's called "infamy"
    search that shit up on youtube and watch the whole thing.
    yeah, it's long, but worth the watch.

4. pardee

pardee Member

if you want to make stencils find a picture in black and white on google then copy and paste it onto to photoshop or somethingand put the contrast at 100% print it then cut out the black parts. Simple as that.:eek:

5. x{parkour}x

x{parkour}x Senior Member

yeah cardboard from a cereal box works good for stencils

6. 0523jk

0523jk Banned

北京热转印公司1.

隆重推出第三代纺织品数码转印专用激光转印纸,比前两代性能更为优越,打印的损耗率为零楼梯。第三代激光打印纸,喷墨,激光通用。本公司长期供应德国进口特配墨水,适合爱普生全系列喷墨打印机除尘设备可直接在转印纸、铜版纸、无涂层的胶片纸上直接打印,防水耐紫外线(非溶剂墨水)。同时,我公司致力于用快捷、低廉、热转印环保的生产方式取代传统的复杂的生产方式,并致力于推广这种理念,竭尽全力为社会服务。公司现在推出的桌上型纺织品、皮革、陶瓷、玻璃、热转印金属印刷系统(各种产品表面无需要处理,转印纸直接印制即可),其生产的成品完全可以和大规模工业化生的产品相媲美

7. funkbaby1

funkbaby1 New Member

Yeah dumbasses. In fact, since everything has really been said about anything to do with graf. Lets just stop posting all together. Keep all the old threads, and no more posting. Just searching. That would be a really really fun and interactive website.

8. johndoe12

johndoe12 New Member

yo how do u store ur stencils on the go, between tags ( if u dont wanna carry them in ur hand but u wanna keep em safe)?

9. zenne

zenne Elite Member

ive made pretty detailed stencils on photo paper. what i do is, cut my shit out on the photopaper, then make a cardboard frame, and duct tape the stencil to the frame, this makes for easy lifting off the surface without smearing paint, and it wont rip or anything:/

10. neb3636

neb3636 Banned

Thanks zenne what iv been doing lately is printing my design out thwn i have this clear thin plastic i put over it then cut and the paint wipes off after for an easy clean up. BTW in checked out your youtube before and you never did the racking tutorial haha

11. Darko

Darko Senior Member

dont do it on manilla folders, i made the Gears of war logo into a stencil once, it worked beautifully the first time but then the folder started to curl up and it ended up looking like shit after the 3rd or 4th time

12. neb3636

neb3636 Banned

Thats the point of putting the thin plastic on the paper if you read my post. its also easier to cut than a manila folder.

13. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

whoever approved this thread should be shot in the head.

my anger and disgust at this crime causes me to rhyme.

14. zenne

zenne Elite Member

fuck off vagrant. what a waste of a post.

15. neb3636

neb3636 Banned

Anything to fix curling edges? i was thinking get them wet then put a book on top so they dry flat?

16. zenne

zenne Elite Member

couldnt you put them under a shirt or something and iron them? ive never ironed anything, but it works with dollar bills...

17. neb3636

neb3636 Banned

i make mine out of paper with a layer of thin plastic on top so mine might melt if i did that haha

18. springbreak95

springbreak95 Senior Member

use less paint let them dry all the way and the manilla folders work for 15+ times but again use transparencies they win hard

19. Fastforwords

Fastforwords New Member

you can download the latest PS off www.piratebay.org (be sure to have a torrent downloader ie: UTorrent).

also, I use matte board, the same kind used in picture framing places... stop by a local shop and ask if they have any scrap matte board laying around, I have a collection of hundreds, various sizes, etc. It's harder to cut but it's harder to break and it doesn't curl, cardboard isn't very reusable after a few tags but this stuff is great. also, I have to agree, I just signed up but I'm a little worried, I too hate stupid questions but I think we need to give everyone a chance, he may not only be new at taggin' & stencils but web forums too.

Most of my stencils are drawn in my sketchbook and then scaled to fit whatever size i want, but if you want to go off PS then you can find many tutorials the main thing to remember is (convert to black and white, adjust brightness & contrast, gaussen blur filter & cut-out filter) voila!

Hope this is informative.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2009
  20. ranlin1r

ranlin1r Banned

Parents are the best teacher

Who teaches you to walk? Who teaches you to speak? It is your parents who teach you to do these basic things in your life. So don't you think that parents are the best teachers! Firstly, parents know us very much. Parents give us life, and I think that we will spend large amount of time with them. So they know our merit and demerit in details. Meanwhile, they will help us to get rid of our demerit.
    archlord gold,
      Furthermore, parents possessed many experiences. Since they are older than us, they have experienced many things. Sometimes, they are just like our models. And as the saying goes: "Example is better than precept." So we will unconsciously copy some of our parents' habits and styles of behavior, i.e. we can learn many things from them.Finally, parents will teach us everything. Since schoolteachers can just teach us knowledge from the books, our parents can teach us everything. For example, I learn knitting, cooking and make-up from my mother, while learn fixing leaky faucet from my father. They are the persons who love me most, so they will teach me everything without reservations.

Just as the saying goes: "There is no place like home." And I think there is no teacher like our parents. They are the best teachers in our life.
    archlord power leveling,
    Self-confidence

Confidence is power--the power to attract, persuade, influence, and succeed. Imagine what your life would be like if you had an abundance of selfconfidence !

Confidence isn't an inherited trait, it' s a learned one. This means that you can have an abun-

dance of self-confidence. Start here, right now. archlord gold,

Confidence starts in the mind.What you think of yourself very much influences the way you feel about yourself. This, in turn, affects the way you speak and act.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

The very first thing you have to do to create abundant self-confidence is to start thinking with confidence. Pay attention to your internal dialogue, and learn to notice when you allow negativity or doubt to control the course of your thinking.

Your environment has a tremendous influence on you. The books you read, the people you spend time with, and the music you listen to all influence the way you think and feel about yourself and the world around you.

archlord power leveling,
      In a nutshell, your environment can either build up your self-confidence or drag it down.

If you're in a situation where you're discouraged, such as an unhealthy relationship or a miserable job, you have to change that situation if you want your self-confidence level to grow. aoc gold,

Create an environment that supports you if your desire to have abundant self-confidence. Spend time with confident people.

Remember those, self-confidence can be yours. Take it!

Parents are the best teacher