Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Style Vs Can Control?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Msfyt, Apr 30, 2006.

Share This Page

?

Which do you think is more important in a piece?

1. Style

46.7%
  2. Can Control

53.3%
  1. Mute1

Mute1 Elite Member

both!!..and that snafu has ill style...I wouldnt say lots of people rock shit like that at all, its simply but still a sick original style.

2. mad ethics

mad ethics Senior Member

can control, for the reasons that gesus stated

3. Enemy

Enemy Elite Member

im with Msfyt on this one i totlay agree!!! styles takes years and can controle happens after about a year (roughly) but i supose it dose depend on the person

4. disposable_hero

disposable_hero Elite Member

you NEED both to be a well rounded writer but i think that u cna always take your time to make your lines look cleaner but you need stlye to get up

5. DJLotus

DJLotus Senior Member

Can control - messy/drippy paint ruins a good piece .

6. koper

koper Banned

as i'm sure many people above me have said they are both very important factors.

But for me style takes the upper hand.

7. aces

aces Elite Member

can control because if you see a piece with a sick style but drips all over the place then it is worse than something real simple but perfect. The best is perfecting both of course though.

8. cream soda

cream soda Senior Member

style boy!!!
    I DONT CARE IF YOU ARE SOOOOOOO CLEAN....if you have toy style...ur a toy....

also...if yer letters are supper bad, but a clean fill and outline...doesnt matter...our still toy.

STYLE IS WHAT COUNTS

9. MR.AMS

MR.AMS Member

man if u have style then u gotta have control cause they both take practice to when u learn stlye ur control is also what makes it so it cant be just one

10. MENG!

MENG! Senior Member

Style, hands down.

Yea, if you saw a peice with style, lacking in control, you wouldnt like it as much. (or anymore)

But the style (im hopeing) is original. And style is hard to come by, your own original style. Control is a major part as well, but can control can be learned by more and more experince with the can. Style cant be taught or shown, but more just going along and just molding it.

:ph34r:

11. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

to the person asking why this poll exsists i suggest you read the first post
    as this thread is some what related to a battle

and because it also allows us to see what kind of creditals people who vote in battle polls actually have

for example, you see many people on here give advice, but they dont realize some of us have different goals than what the person whos giving the criticing (for example we can see people on here perfer can control over style, but what good does that do for people who want to be criticted about their style)

or another helpful thing is to see the your role in graffiti thread, youll see most people are "toys" or "bombers", so we should be taking into account that most people on here dont even piece but yet theyll will shit talk alot of people on here.

so all in all the answer to the question is about balance...and so far i think this thread shows bs is pretty well balanced about the style/can control issue

now if we could be more balance with the advacnced writers vs toy/bombers then..... ahhhh, wake me up im dreamin

12. Msfyt

Msfyt Elite Member

ohh and of course both (style/can control) are important, thats with out doubt
    but the question is what is more important to you when judging a piece?

13. Blak-T

Blak-T Senior Member

in judging its got to be style.....because there are so many people biting off others and using "generic" styles that originality and flair play a very big part in judging...to sum it up...style.

14. Blak-T

Blak-T Senior Member

and also writers who are known the most are known for there style more then the cleaness of a peice....

15. DEKOR

DEKOR Elite Member

both come hand in hand..
    but style is more important...
    style wars: "style against technique, style will always win.."
    ken swift talkin bout bboyin i think..i rekon its the same..

16. oblong

oblong Elite Member

can control
    you can have the most stlye and kill paper all day but when you go to put your sketches up you just kill you whole drawing.

id rather see wack letters with unreal can control
    that sick letters withs shaking control and fluxuating line width

my 2 cents

17. Bombers Ambition

Bombers Ambition Elite Member

well why not make a poll for the advanced writers and the toys/bombers then

18. underground_culture

underground_culture Elite Member

style. msot of the time youre only good enough to do certain things, you can improve up to a certain point, can control will follow with practice

19. EGAD

EGAD Banned

boring thread

20. -AbSrD

-AbSrD Senior Member

hmmm hard decision. i guess both r very important. really ur technique should evolve with ur style but honestly id say can control IS more imporant. style with lack of can control sucks. but in all honesty i think fisik shoulda won that battle. but that skape piece is pretty fuckin sick