Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tags

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Denz_one, Jul 11, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Flawless Victory

Flawless Victory Elite Member

2. Jeffrey Inpho Daniel

Jeffrey Inpho Daniel Member

3. Takeiteasy

Takeiteasy Member

IMAG0497.jpg

New tag. I think I'll be sticking with this one.

4. Flawless Victory

Flawless Victory Elite Member

I wouldn't if I were you, bro

5. Takeiteasy

Takeiteasy Member

6. Takeiteasy

Takeiteasy Member

Meh. I think I know why. Still elaborate though just so I know I'm an idiot. Haha.

7. leefx

leefx New Member

So... i've always loved looking at graffiti in my hometown and on trains passing through from other places but I never gave it a shot. After watching the "Exit Through the Gift Shop" (a Banksy/street art/some graffiti) documentary on Netflix, I started looking up graff sites. I'm now pretty interested in this craft and culture, and would like to give it a shot.

I've never had a nickname, so i'm still trying to decide on that. These are my first "tags" ever, and they're absolutely horrible. Everything about them is bad: letter structure, flow, and proportions....

But they're my first attempts and I would like some critiques and suggestions on them. Also, if any of these names are taken let me know (I searched Google and other graff sites, but didn't see anything):

Pokey (I hate my "Y" on this but don't know what else to do):
    ai.imgur.com_5iJIk.png

Speek (I like this name, but it seems common and may be taken):
    ai.imgur.com_CvV6Q.png

Jut (simple name/easy tag, don't know how to even make this name work):
    ai.imgur.com_DH4bF.png

8. gim

gim Senior Member

i like the speek one, work with that one

9. knowtheledge

knowtheledge Senior Member

10. Takeiteasy

Takeiteasy Member

Knowledge, I hate you and how clean you shit is. Haha. I definitely like that tag.

Leefx, finding an original name is tough. I've gone through like 4 in the past 2 weeks. Don't try to make your first tags flow so much. Kinda sketch it out. Don't make them too big in the begining. Keep working on it man! We're here for help and support.

11. SynOne

SynOne Senior Member

Knowthelegde - No doubt you have a talent for tags. Keep that shit up. Maybe you could get that K a tad bit bigger, so it doesn't look as cramped. The right side of your M needs fixing too. Maybe kinda do like the Left side of it. The bend makes the letter look awkward.

Ohh and. Pick what you're going to roll with Arketeck or Muke. (IMO You're gonna be able to do more with Muke, as it is shorter and more original.)

12. SynOne

SynOne Senior Member

13. gim

gim Senior Member

@knowtheledge where you from? i see someone who writes muck exactly how you write muke around my area

14. BusiK

BusiK Member

15. gim

gim Senior Member

@busik spread out your letters a little more I like your B, your N is okay. Work with your M and A
    Try Italizing your letters too might look tight

16. MN Nice

MN Nice Elite Member

Do you guys know why Knowtheledge is pretty good at tags? Its because he probably took time with his work. If you want to improve your tag skills, fill up two notebooks with tags, alphabets, different words, whatever. Just fucking WRITE. Don't post something unless a) you're happy with what you got or b) are working on something and want some crits from other people. And don't take opinions from people that don't write. You can show them a garbage tag and an even worse piece and they'll say its cool or you rock. I'm guessing most of you are young, so get out and explore places, meet other writers, get inspired damn it. I fortunately have a friend whose got the hook up with some other writers in St. Paul and I've been kicking it with them. Take note, I'm just trying to help. Peace.

17. SynOne

SynOne Senior Member

^ That's hard to do if literally about... 2-4 people write in your area. And they only write every once in a while down town.

18. Aster.one

Aster.one Senior Member

Knowtheledge - love it

And Nice is right, take your time, took me 10 years to find a name and style i was happy with..

19. gim

gim Senior Member

gotta agree with mn nice, ive been filling up pages n pages of my tags rather than going on here everyday.. repetition works man, at least for me

heres something ive been messing around with the last couple of days, would appreciate a crit
    photo.JPG

20. Mr. November

Mr. November Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011