Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tags

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Denz_one, Jul 11, 2005.

Share This Page

1. NASI

NASI Member

@InnerCityRebel @mefisto Thanks alot for the help

2. biblebeltbangerz

biblebeltbangerz Elite Member

3. Mits

Mits Senior Member

Constructive crits please :) Whats good, whats bad? -Ferb
    4OzGR97.jpg h48B5jJ.jpg uxnBew6.jpg ZzHLHVw.jpg

4. steez604

steez604 Member

I got into graffiti a week ago or so, here are my first tags. Constructive criticism is much appreciated. I do not know any writers in my area so any tips and pointers on developing my style and improving my tag is much appreciated. photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg

5. ur210

ur210 Senior Member

Yeah you need to start simple or something, because thats mad toy. If there's graff in your town you need to observe closely and try to imitate it.

The arrow on the S is wack, the E is wack... And don't outline your tag, thats only something justin bieber would do. The star doest serve any purpose, and usually the longer underline goes first, and then the shorter one.

6. steez604

steez604 Member

Word man, there is little to NO graff in my town at all, thanks for the tips

7. InnerCityRebel

InnerCityRebel Senior Member

Start with simple letters Steez, keep at the simple letters for a while and you'll find the letter styles that matches your handstyle soon. Trust me, nothing is better than practice itself.

8. steez604

steez604 Member

Alright thanks man! So start off with letters like this at first or even more simple? photo.jpg

9. InnerCityRebel

Those are good but try simpler, think keyboard letters^ it may seem gay and boring at first but it's really a good way to learn how to use your hand for handstyles and tags.

10. HADES

HADES Member

I only started myself and i am no pro but here is your name. I find the less thought you put into it the easier it is but thats just me haha Steez.jpg

11. InnerCityRebel

That's good ^ It's not really toy at all lol
    An attempt at tags, with a paint marker that I copped a minute ago just trying it out on this folder
    CYMERA_20131114_170243.jpg

12. HADES

HADES Member

Pretty sick man. I need to get myself some pain markers there is nowhere around here that does them that i can think off :/

13. steez604

steez604 Member

@HADES I really like how you did that Steez that S is really cool. For now im doing what InnerCity told me and im just doing simple keyboard letters, soon enough I will start developing a handstyle. I just have trouble coming up with a good S and Z but in time ill get it! Very nice

@InnerCityRebel Damn that marker looks sick! Would you recommend getting my handstyle down with like ink, then paint markers, then cans? The paint markers seem pretty legit, i want to pick some up soon for sure.

14. HADES

HADES Member

Yea man i am on the same boat you are on, still find it pretty hard connecting certain letters while still obtaining flow throughout the tag. e + z is tricky imo

15. ur210

ur210 Senior Member

16. HADES

HADES Member

Wheres mine? ;) haha thats awesome man

17. Vapid666

Vapid666 Elite Member

@steez the difference between ink and paint markers doesn't really mean much. Just make sure you're practicing on paper ALOT before you start hitting the streets.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  18. steez604

steez604 Member

Word, thanks everyone for the help and advice!

@HADES yeah idk, ill work it out some how!

@ur210 thats sick!

@Vapid666 gotcha man, yeah ive been working on paper all night and i think i probably wont hit the streets for another week or 2 even 3 depending how much I progress.

19. Mits

Mits Senior Member

20. HADES

HADES Member

The last one is perfect imo not much i would change anyway