Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Tags

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by Denz_one, Jul 11, 2005.

Share This Page

1. Json

Json New Member

Redacted.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
  2. Mildstyles

Mildstyles Elite Member

Wasnt trying to flow the letters into one another, I actually did each letter individually but they lined up so that it looks like they were connected, wel the nak at least. but nah lol
    thanks tho g

3. jak24

jak24 Senior Member

@Json I would stay away from straight letters. They take longer to do and dont look as good IMO. Other than that all there is to say is keep practicing. try not to put too much thought into it, let your hand flow.

4. nosmoking

nosmoking Member

5. Siro_

Siro_ Senior Member

@Json: You'll get it just keep practicing. Trying varying the size of some of the letters. Can give a good look to simple tags

6. [Voodoo]

[Voodoo] New Member

ai.imgur.com_ZypbWe9t.jpg_c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b.jpg

This is my first attempt at a tag...so please, please, please crit. I want to improve, so any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  7. bugs-one

bugs-one Elite Member

@nosmoking: You're getting better. That white truth is looking cool.

8. nosmoking

nosmoking Member

9. nosmoking

nosmoking Member

Whoops didn't realize I'd already posted, sorry for the double post.

Thanks bugs appreciate it. Yeah, I love fat cap flares they look fkn dope when done properly. I've just gotta work on getting that one liner consistent, kind of getting the perspective / symmetry down - I like the one I posted above (with the white marker), it's got that perspective I'm talking about as in all the letters are in proportion - that's what I got to work on getting consistent. When I've got that down I reckon my can tags will come out looking even better, then all I gotta do is develop some can control and that one liner should be coming out pretty nice with some fat cap flares.

Thanks to everyone who's critiqued my shit on here, definitely appreciate it, not only in the way of developing a nice tag, but also in developing my actual awareness of what looks good and what doesn't. I'm definitely starting to notice when I'm drawing and trying out new things that stuff I would of thought looked nice in the past, I'm able to pick up flaws in, so bit by bit I'm getting there. Graff ain't easy, takes work.

10. Untrue

Untrue Member

I love fatcap writing.

I used a shitty spray I had lying around here just because I felt this sudden urge to go bomb one night, 4 years after I'd stopped. And now I'm taking this shit seriously, I worked on this tag for 4 days straight, but I'd like to know what you guys think, of course it can be improved. Just let me know what you think in all honesty. This one feels really natural for me though, I do this in 5 seconds or less, I love the feeling of writing it

tag Untrue.jpg

11. loonaii

loonaii Elite Member

@truth the R has like no shape to it. Try to define it and make it look like a R. Cuz right now it looks like a H or N. And the U and T look like one letter can barely read what it says. Right now it looks like it says Thith

12. nosmoking

nosmoking Member

yeah thanks loon as always appreciate the feedback. i can see what you mean and i agree legibility is a pretty important part of a tag too something that has been playing in the back of my mind with this one liner but now you point it out its more obvious. ill keep aware of it and see what i can do, i think this one is leaning more towards having the r and u defined:

[Broken External Image]:http://s5.postimg.org/tzk35zinr/r_and_u.jpg

13. bugs-one

bugs-one Elite Member

14. dspr404

dspr404 Member

I'm liking it, but the T and H kinda end up looking like a H and a N, it'd probably be fine if there was less of an outward curve kinda thing on the second part of the H, you feel?

15. nosmoking

nosmoking Member

16. Grabs

Grabs Senior Member

@Truth not gonna front dude, your handstyles flow so much better than all your other stuff that you post. No disrespect or anything, I just see where you excel at the moment. ^ dude gave some good crits, and good job following through on correcting it. You should try some more curved flow throughout and see where it gets you (recommend just on paper to save paint). Also try changing up the letters to all capital, it might help with legibility.

17. lurkermuch

lurkermuch Member

18. Mits

Mits Senior Member

@Truth where you from?

19. bugs-one

bugs-one Elite Member

Thanks, lurker.

@truth: You should have the U straighter without the tops leaning in and the H's bar maybe a lil taller.

20. Lich

Lich Senior Member

IMG_4275.jpg
    testing out new things, crits are welcomed