Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Ink Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Enmity, Feb 3, 2008.

Share This Page

1. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

thankyou
    and

Yes I will be marketing it soon. I just need to finalize the mix and make a decent sized starting batch.
    I'll only be able release one ink right away until I can afford to buy more ingredients. Hopefully I get sales and a small fanbase, maybe even wholesale orders.

2. noxi

noxi Elite Member

Do you have a starting price? If it is pretty cheap, ill buy it cause that shit looks dope.

3. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

8oz for $14.99 plus some shipping. through standard mail and the price will depend on how much is ordered (weight)
    Starting off only with 8oz but will eventually offer 4oz, 8oz and 16oz for the line of black inks. colored line will only be 4oz and 8oz.

I'm probably about a month away from release, if everything goes smoothly and nothing unexpected happens

Vagrancy Ink, featuring Grime - a line of black very hard to buff hard staining inks

4. Olick

Olick Elite Member

garvy and gold paint mixed togather. the reason it "changes color" is simply cause when he gets close he blocks any sunlight from reflecting off the gold. "which makes it darker" nothing special. even if im wrong its nothing speical. it looks nice but that dumbass acts like he cured aids.

seriously. youtube = 99.3% toys.
    and the REAL ink head get flamed for dissing graffitireviews when hes straight up retarded on youtube.

its funny cuz he clearly says it beats the buff and yet in the "info" he says its been buffed.

i dunno i just dont act like that guy cuz he gets worsihp for simple things have almost all of us know lol

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  5. Olick

Olick Elite Member

just feel like statin

u make shit loads more when u sell em in mops lol locals love stuff. not alot where im at know the basics of making gk so selling was no problem

mops.

2oz = 5
    8oz = 15

well actually its like 5 bucks but hey hahah that can round up for loads more. ur ink looks good as hell man. it beat illadel on the buff ill be happy to buy off of you when ur done. =D

6. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

I don't have enough money to buy a shipment of mops. Once I get going then hopefully I will be able to offer ink filled mops.
    Thanks for the compliments but please, do not drop business from illadel. that cat still makes a mean ink. Besides, my ink is still at least a month away from being released.

7. MontanaPainter

MontanaPainter Elite Member

fucking called it
    and i have been using that 99cent acrylic paint for the old GJ mixture

on the colors i used white then mixed in a diff. color they all faded....

how does basics acrylic look?

who has had the best results for waterbased acrylic using wat brand?

8. simple zen

simple zen Elite Member

whack question...

whats a substitute for paint thinner when filling a mop?

9. Olick

Olick Elite Member

mineral spirits :)

10. simple zen

simple zen Elite Member

i can't use some other shit? that's not paint thinner or another name for paint thinner??

11. Vagrant

Vagrant Elite Member

it depends on what you are trying to thin.

whats the deal with not being able to get paint thinner? go to the local hardware store and pants a liter can. Its easy.

12. simple zen

simple zen Elite Member

nah none of the containers are rackable. there's nothing i can thin out bucket paint with, besides the thinner ofcourse?? i just peeped the recipe thread and saw pen ink mixed with the alcohol i might give that a try...but it looks like it'll take mad long and alot of fucking pens to do it. god damn my lazy ways

13. MontanaPainter

hump

14. Olick

Olick Elite Member

any mixture.combination. w/e of.

xylene. mineral spirits. linseed oil. denatured alcohol. uhm...yeah hah

15. MontanaPainter

im pretty sure linseed oil doent thin......?

16. HëRbN

HëRbN Elite Member

pretty sure it does, and slows drying time so use it sparingly

17. Olick

Olick Elite Member

without any additives, like poly, linseed oil drys to some weird ass finish. 4 days will pass and if u run ur finger across the tag u hear this squicky sound n such. it does thin but not to an extreme point like normal thinner would have. i use it cuz it doubles my supplys. 1/2 paint 1/2 linseed oil doesnt loose its opaqueness at all. then just thin it with ur other stuff.

great shit =D

18. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

u can thin oil based paint with:
    toulene
    xylene
    mineral spirits
    paint thinner
    linseed oil
    naptha
    turpentine
    acetone
    lots more
    u can thin alcohol based inks or make pen ink with:
    ethanol(denatured alcohol)
    methanol
    acetone
    isopropanol
    a few more

19. ohgawdxcarcrash

ohgawdxcarcrash Elite Member

linseed oil thins if you boil it, but just get boiled linseed oil to save some time.
    and ive thinned oil based paint with alcohol before, its not that bad.. only bad thing about it is that it buffs with alcohol, but can stand against mineral spirits/paint thinner oppose to oilbased paint mixed with mineral spirits/paint thinner.

20. illadelph

illadelph Elite Member

TRY REDUCER. IT COMES IN 16oz BOTTLES,METAL BOTTLES ACTUALLY...WE USE EM IN BODY SHOPS....IT THINS OUT THE PAINT BUT KEEPS IT OPAQUE.