Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Ink Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Enmity, Feb 3, 2008.

Share This Page

1. SNAP!

SNAP! Senior Member

have you ever wondered why this threads pretty much dead?

because everyone fucking talks about etch.
    half of you shouldnt use etch for numerous reasons.
    etch is fucking simple, you put it in a mop, and go hard...

now what the fuck about staining plexi glass? anyone?

"etch it"
    I'll use my nut to etch my handstyle in your bitches forehead if i hear onemore thing about etch, i dont give a fuck if she's fat as fuck, or if you're single or homo, i'll do it to your moms.

now what about staining plexiglass/plastic

2. The Most Sadistic

The Most Sadistic Elite Member

i spilled etch on my cock

but seriously enough with the bullshit get back to the subject of this fucking thread.

3. The Most Sadistic

I would get the roughest grit sandpaper I could find and wrap it on the cap of a marker so it's sort of a sand paper marker, if that makes sense. Or you can you anything rough and big since u want to get a wide line. Try some lava rock or someshit. Maybe the rocks people clean there feet with in the shower that gets dead skin off. They'll probably have it at bed bath and body works or some shit, but I'm not sure how well it would scratch.

Or you could go hard and bring a torch and burn/melt your name into it. That's what I would do. Your risking an arson charge tho.

[Broken External Image]:http://www.wired.com/images/productreviews/2008/06/bernzomatic_trigger_start_torch_f.jpg

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  4. SNAP!

SNAP! Senior Member

bahaha. yeah i was thinking about bustin out a grill lighter..but it's a bus..

I want something that'll stain like a magnum, a scratch isnt as bad cause people would have to be close to see it...and i got two week before i leave this city so i want some shit to stain pretty hard..but the problem is magnums stink..and theyre mad toy..

but i'm about to resort to it.. :(

5. JadedSketches

JadedSketches Elite Member

im not even gonna answer.. toy

6. The Most Sadistic

Magnums eat dick. Just scratch your shit in as deep as possible and then go over it with a marker with some decent ink and let it seep into the cracks. They'll have a good time trying to get that out.

7. wired_615

wired_615 Senior Member

idk, get one of thoughs wireless wood sandersand and sand your name into it then come back over it with really staining ink

8. massacreman

massacreman Elite Member

so...

question1::: okay i want to make much much ink
    i only need the thinner or alcohol, but 1L costs 15 euros, and than i only have 70%,so what can i use instead of alcohol??
    turpetine?pertol?acetone?i dont think acetone because they use it to clean shit up...so, i know the question is pretty toy but i just need to know.
    question2:::and does leather dye and food dye mix?

youre all G's

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  9. SNAP!

SNAP! Senior Member

the thing is, if i scratch it in they're quicker to replace it..

10. Werse

Werse Elite Member

Pen ink, black nail polish. Nice and thick.
    And my secret ingredient, red crystal lite mix.

11. The Most Sadistic

denatured alcohol, pvc primer, and i think acetone but I'm no 100% on that one.

12. Werse

Werse Elite Member

I let the pen ink and nailpolish dry, it drys sticky.
    So I sprayed white paint over it. and it turns the paint purple, and a weird brown yellow color bleeds out. Crazy shit.

13. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

^its called bleed through, all things containing dyes do it, not crazy shti haha.
    and yes you can use acetone for pen ink.

14. Werse

Werse Elite Member

I love it <3
    BS down for anyone else, only a few threads work for me.

15. Vitamin THC

Vitamin THC Senior Member

yup been having that problem all day today.. picture forum seems to work good tho

16. Vitamin THC

i read through 6 pages your very annoying..

anyways im not into inks at all, i paint more then i use markers and usually just get already made mops from friends, but i used about 80 pens, 3/4 cup of 99% iso alch, cut them put it in a 2 liter and shook it, i let it sit for overnight and for some reason i got clumpy ass shit all in the bottom and the shit still smells like alchohol it just wont evaporate ..

whats up? shud i use less alch or more pens..? or did i just do something wrong in the process. help appreciated .. :p

17. wired_615

wired_615 Senior Member

you read 6 pages of my posts? why? and you really think anyone is really going to take a wireless sander on a bus or a train, sarcasim must be a bitch to you

18. Vitamin THC

the last 6 pages of this thread.. if you dont know anything bout etch dont use it i know a friend who left that shit out and his dog got into it and it fucked up his fur and his tongue, and no i never took your post seriously u sound like a retard

19. The Most Sadistic

My pen ink always smells like alcohol. And I don't think you're supposed to let it evap unless you're trying to get it to be sludge or some shit but I don't see the point in that. If you really want to get it to be sludge you can boil it to get the alc out, but boiling alc based shit is very dangerous I've read. And do yourself a favor and don't make the same mistake I made by just using the pen ink straight up. It's good but it fades fast as shit. Add some good pigmented, fade proof ink into it or boiled down india ink or caligraphy ink. If you have access to it add some pilot or marsh.

I've also been reading iso alc is not so great when compared to other solvents (I think that's what they're labeled as). I plan on using pvc primer in the next batch I make.

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  20. ReKoNe~!

ReKoNe~! Banned

acetone pen ink blows