Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Ink Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Tools and tips' started by Enmity, Feb 3, 2008.

Share This Page

1. Siner

Siner Senior Member

Will this charcoal work fine to add to ink, I read in the ink recipe thread that you have to add "real" charcoal from like beach wood or some shit so I'm just wondering if this will work?
    [Broken External Image]:http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/9411/dsc02100m.jpg

2. eez

eez Senior Member

so... i work in a printshop and we have some seriously wacky inks, been thinking about how I'd have to thin them out likely with alcohol, but I think it will harden up pretty easy.. think that'll stop once mixed? or at least reduce.

siner: i worked at one of the two places that makes like a ton of the charcoal sold in the us and it's just like bass wood thats burnt, so that is real burnt wood, i dont see the difference. if that helps

3. ReKoNe~!

ReKoNe~! Banned

best ink recipe

100 black pens (i used 96)
    1 cup of alcohol
    1/4 cup of fiebings
    some chemical dye (micheals has it in red, yellow and violet)
    charcoal dust(i used a rock in a bowl to grind it up)
    1/4 puck of black solid kiwi scuff fixer broken down into syrup in acetone)
    boiled down india ink goop(just add this to the acetone and scuff fixer
    mix it all together and add dot3 or fish tablets(i didnt do this part)

4. ReKoNe~!

ReKoNe~! Banned

i remember back when i started writing i took this plastic jar of printing dusk from a auction place by my house(dont ask me why there was a industrial printer there) anyways i took it home and added water too it, and it just turned into thick chunks of shit, that stained the shit out of my sink. but i bet if you used alcohol it would work

5. Werse

Werse Elite Member

#1 rule of printing, ink and water don't mix.

6. eez

eez Senior Member

yeah, this is probabbly the same thing or similar it's for the presses, big old old school mothers. some say oil but some dont say anything. man now i wish i had gotten some today.

7. darkenest

darkenest New Member

Hello, i bought dye and rubbing alcohol,but the ink is so bad.What stainer you recomends me?
    Thaks ;)

8. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Senior Member

Dot3 for staining powers I believe

9. paecher

paecher Senior Member

ai628.photobucket.com_albums_uu6_paecher2009_paecher09.jpg

THIS IS THE INK I MAKE AND HOW DARK IT IS.........................

10. H3TT1NG3R

H3TT1NG3R Elite Member

this isnt printing. but yeah they do mix, make sure you add ink to paint, not paint to ink, or else you will die

11. Werse

Werse Elite Member

The guy said he worked in a print shop, and he wants to thin press ink.
    Print ink and water don't mix.

12. MagicOPromotion

MagicOPromotion Banned

I actually prefer StazOn ink with nearly all of my clear stamps. Many of them do stain, but it doesnt really matter because the ink doesnt rub off unless you are actually TRYING to stamp something.

I have my clear stamps attached to transparency pages and slipped into pocket pages in 3 ring albums. I can page through all my stamps and see what I have, plus the albums are completely portable.
    _______
    === XRumer 5.0 Palladium RULEZ! ===

13. tiny tim

tiny tim Senior Member

wtf are you talking about

14. ReKoNe~!

ReKoNe~! Banned

anyone know what i can do with black oil pigment (like oily dust)
    can i add it to alcohol?

15. THEGREATSOUTHERNTRENDKILL

THEGREATSOUTHERNTRENDKILL Senior Member

do you get down with K&Company?

16. The Most Sadistic

The Most Sadistic Elite Member

You guys care to share where you get your bulk pens at? I've gone to office depot, walmart, staples, and target and in my area they're overpriced everywhere besides target. At target I can get 20 pens for 99 cents and that's by far the best I could find, but the only problem is they only have packs of 20 black or 10 black 8 blue and 2 red and I really want to make a batch of red. I would rack them like everything else, but I HATE stealing from target. I just seems sketchy as shit to me for some reason.. and the other places done even sell bulk pens they have like packs of 5.

17. The GingerBread Man

The GingerBread Man Member

anyone got any good reciepes to mix with grog ink? cos i hear it stains but not as hard as it could. so anything to add? wd40? dot 3? raven oil?

18. The Most Sadistic

The Most Sadistic Elite Member

Add dye based shit. Fiebings leather dye, pen ink, woodstain, methelyn blue, gentian violet, iodine, garvey price marking ink, griffin dye, chemical dye. I don't know what the fuck wd40 does. Dot3 isn't going to add staining properties it will just cause the mixture to take longer to dry so the current staining properties have more time to set in. Just don't add too much dot3 or else it will fuck up the flow and never dry. I usually add like 1, maybe 2 cap fulls of dot3 too about 1 cup of ink.

I don't know what ravel oil is/does. I asked a few pages ago, but I dont think anyone answered me? What is raven oil and whats its use?

Does anyone have a picture of what the chemical dye's they carry at michaels look like and what section they might be near? I remember asking them and noone knew what the fuck they were talking about.

19. bigdic

bigdic Senior Member

yeye

20. JadedSketches

JadedSketches Elite Member

wd40 doesn't do shit to your ink dont mix it in