Menu

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

The Intermediate Thread

Discussion in 'Toys forum' started by (SoS)Viruz, Mar 14, 2009.

Share This Page

1. Semper

Semper Moderator

That's dope arose, I'm thinking of doing you another one because of how much worse I was when I did yours.

Failed concept but I guess the letters aren't bad, I need to improve my other art skills to compliment my graff.
    image.jpg

2. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

Rade Going hard! I like that a lot man. @ Toop u live in Austria? I have a friend from there that writes Sike

3. eido777

eido777 Senior Member

4. gears244

gears244 Senior Member

Arose that's dope as fuck, Semper's too, I really like those buildings imo

5. strongman

strongman Senior Member

What about my canvas? I would like some feedback, anything will be nice. Thanks. I know I'm sounding whiny but I didn't get feedback

6. biblebeltbangerz

biblebeltbangerz Elite Member

its a pretty clean good looking character. the eyes are kinda wack tho.

7. Arose.One

Arose.One Elite Member

bottom page bump

fakers quickie exchange, process:
    BARS:
    SAM_1328.jpg
    EXTENSIONS/CONNECTIONS:
    SAM_1329.jpg
    PEN:
    SAM_1330.jpg
    DETAILS:
    SAM_1333.jpg
    SAM_1334.jpg
    3D:
    SAM_1337.jpg

8. strongman

strongman Senior Member

The eyes are whack huh? How so? What can I do to make them better?
    Thanks.

9. MoganOne

MoganOne Moderator

10. biblebeltbangerz

I don't know... make the retnas black circles or sumthing. the mouth is generic looking too.

11. gears244

gears244 Senior Member

Huh I actually find it real useful/interesting when people post steps of their work like Arose did, here's a character i posted' didn't take flicks of all the steps but drew this a few days ago DSC02172.jpg DSC02174.jpg DSC02179.jpg DSC02190.jpg

12. TastyMcNasty

TastyMcNasty Elite Member

that's actually one of the best pieces I've seen from you, which is saying something. I have done a piece in like 6 months haha

13. UpperClass

UpperClass Member

God damn, you add so much useless shit to you letters. You should learn proper letter structure. You've been sucking ass for a long time now.

14. gears244

gears244 Senior Member

Jeez^^^ I like it flava but I'm not diggin the orange fill or lines you put. Would have looked a lot cleaner without them... I agree you need some sort of fill but you went a little far imo. Just my opinion though 1000 times better than anything I could produce with a can, I think its dope either way, haters going to hate...

15. biblebeltbangerz

the technique looks great its the letters in general that aren't very good.

16. gears244

gears244 Senior Member

Ya I can see how most people wouldn't digg his style.....But technically speaking he definitely has decent can control and can blend colors well.. I agree his lettering could be better, it be nice to see him approach a different style to see what he can do with bars.

17. strongman

strongman Senior Member

How is the mouth generic looking? What else was I supposed to do? It's a mouth..

18. gears244

gears244 Senior Member

Got to agree with Flava on that one... Too many people are hung up on what graffity "SHOULD" look like when the soul purpose of the art is to express your style freely... Obviously you need skill and some sense of structure and perspective etc just like any other medium of art otherwise it will look like a 4 year old painted it. I enjoy old school stuff but always welcome a new take on anything...

"Strongman....the character is clean, nothing wrong with it at all. It's just plain and when Bible says it`s Generic he means it`s a pretty common approach to drawing a cartoony mouth... If you are looking for crits on the design and creativity of the character then I`d say it`s plain as tits. But obviously that`s what you were going for when you painted this.

If you want technical advice only thing i`d say that would make this look better is if you fixed the puppils and fill them in..

19. biblebeltbangerz

im not going to hold your hand thru the process of making a mouth. disreguard my crits since I don't know what im talking about with characters.

20. biblebeltbangerz

your "newer style" LOL looks like some overused 90's bullshit tho... youre coming off like a little fagola.